The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior
 
The Terror of Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 736
TMNT Suicide

Who here honestly thinks that TMNT will make one hundred million domestically? I don’t want to sound pessimistic but I really can’t see TMNT being a movie blockbuster. With the Hills Have Eyes 2 coming out the same week and Disney’s Meet the Robinson’s the week after, does anyone really think these two movies will not make a considerable dent in TMNT’S sales? I cannot see the movie doing more than forty-four million the first week and then quickly declining the following weeks. By placing the movie around this time do you feel they are setting TMNT up for a hit or a miss?
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior
 
Sanjuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franknada4 View Post
Who here honestly thinks that TMNT will make one hundred million domestically? I don’t want to sound pessimistic but I really can’t see TMNT being a movie blockbuster. With the Hills Have Eyes 2 coming out the same week and Disney’s Meet the Robinson’s the week after, does anyone really think these two movies will not make a considerable dent in TMNT’S sales? I cannot see the movie doing more than forty-four million the first week and then quickly declining the following weeks. By placing the movie around this time do you feel they are setting TMNT up for a hit or a miss?
I don't think anyone here who follows box office numbers thinks it will do one hundred million. I think it will finish number one for its opening weekend. I'm thinking it might be in the ballpark of $24,000,000. I think it will finish its box office run somewhere around $38,000,000. If the film does this then it is a success already. The budget was low and DVD sales and merchandise will rake in big numbers.
Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franknada4 View Post
With the Hills Have Eyes 2 coming out the same week and Disney’s Meet the Robinson’s the week after

Only one of those 2 to worry about is Meet the Robinson's. Hills Have Eyes 2 im pretty sure wont do much compared to TMNT, the first one only made 15 mil in its opening weekend.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
I predict 15 mil in the opening weekend and 60 mil overall. WB will be making their money on DVD sales primarily. I'd love to see it be a blockbuster like the first film, but in reality it won't be.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #5
Thwomp
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 17
You bring up some interesting points, but I really don't think that Hills Have Eyes 2 will be a contender against the Turtles on opening weekend. Remember that TMNT has really started the ball rolling on ads, with support from companies like Wal-Mart, McDonalds, and Hot Topic plugging the movie. The fact that this film is PG is really, really going to help, honestly. I think that this film will hit #1 for opening weekend, but as you've said, Meet the Robinsons may knock it down the next week.

Also, as an example, let's look at the progress of Ghost Rider, which I believe TMNT will mimic in ticket sales. It's earned $96 mil so far, debuted at #1 and stayed there for an extra week. Got $52 mil its opening weekend, too. Honestly, I can see TMNT doing just as well.
Thwomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
To me this sounds like all the fears that people have before any comic movie comes out. As long as it doesn't pull a "Hulk" it'll probably get a sequel.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #7
Lone Wolf
Foot Soldier
 
Lone Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 160
If this movie gets 40 million its opening weekend, I will bet any limb on my body that there will be a sequel. 40 million would be FANTASTIC. Do you realize that the much higher profile and bigger budget live action Fantastic Four did only 55 mil its opening weekend, and it got a sequel? 40 mill for TMNT the opening weekend would be AWESOME. 20 million and we are in iffy territory... below 20 and it looks like a flop.

And are you seriously worried about the Hills Have Eyes 2? Its a freaking horror movie. TMNT might as well be going up against Girls Gone Wild Do The Movies, because a (likely) R-Rated horror flick is not going after the same audience as TMNT.

A CGI film with some brand recognition will probably do at least decent the first weekend, after that it is up to word of mouth, something no one here can predict.This movie could do 100 million, or it could bomb horribly. We'll just have to wait and see.
__________________
"You may destroy me... but I will not live in fear!"
Lone Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.