The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #21
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Were not wierd, just misunderstood.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:28 PM   #22
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
Everyone has something they like that someone else thinks is wierd. TMNT jus happens to be my thing. Better addicted to this than...meth or alcohol or something like that I didn't have a really "functional" family life when I was a kid. I like them because they kinda had the family togetherness that I wanted. I guess it could have easily been one of those other things.

But seriously, yeah, I get lots of "you like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Are you, like, five??" I just smile really big and say "yup, I Like the Turtles." Then look around with pride at the oodles of TMNT stuff on my desk at work.

It's like my little secret that the turtles are more than the 80's toon that most of those people have grown out of
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #23
Brandatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brandatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CNY
Posts: 364
i agree with you totally
__________________
Brandatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #24
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior
 
JetsAndHeels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 596
If loving TMNT is weird, I guess I am not normal.

Of course I have known this for years.
__________________
JetsAndHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #25
Leonardo_
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 813
Weird is, I mean, if people talk about the turtles-characters as their boyfriends, or if they were real persons and start insulting arguments with other fans, because of their different opinions.

But liking them, collecting every piece and having them on the walls is NEVER weird. I think without them I would feel very alone...not complete, if you know what I mean?!
__________________

Leonardo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:01 PM   #26
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
These have been awesome comments everyone! I love hearing about your personal relationship with the turtles. Keep 'em coming!
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:01 PM   #27
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
ACTUALLY....

We're normal...everybody else is weird.

__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:18 PM   #28
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
ACTUALLY....

We're normal...everybody else is weird.

There ya go!!
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:28 PM   #29
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
My co-workers have come to expect no less from me, I'm weird period, what's my TMNT fandom to add to my insanity...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:14 PM   #30
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
My co-worker came over to my house one night and caught me in my TMNT pajama pants curled up on the couch watching TV with my big stuffed Mikey. She took a pic a pic on her phone and shows people ...
Now anyone who has known me since the age of three would say that's just her, she's always been like that but new people alway ask why and I get the same comments over and over how silly I am. Seriously it just kinda makes me smile because I wouldn't have it any other way.
I have done this for the past 20 years and I look forward to getting strange looks for many more...lol
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #31
Juniorx
Foot Soldier
 
Juniorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sewer
Posts: 110
hi

its never werid being a turtle fan yer whole life it dosent bother me never.i love them to death.just because other people dont like dont mean you stop likeing em...sorry for not introduce myself im jimmy from chicago been turtle fan all my life since i was 7 now im 25 im not making this up im no imposter or turtle poser i seen this site alot and never got a chance to intro myself cause i dont talk much on the pc sorry so im very shock that the turtles has so much alot love im very happy of that i thought i was only left fan of them since around theres nound sept me.been fan since long time.me love the mirage comic i mean first one,2k3 series n the movies 1,2,3,TMNT...mybe next mutation only thing i like of that show was dragonlord hes pretty wicked imo but the rest stink and.but i still got 87cartoon series in my heart too.there my number one heroes i like them more then any other characters.i never gave up on them even when they where left in the dark some short or long time.im very sorry for the long writting if this conffused you people my bad even my grammer and spelling.and nice meeting you all.turtle power for ever turtle fan in here.bye PS I HOPE THIS TMNT HIT THE BOX OFFICE SO THEM ANTI-TURTLES I MEAN THOSE REVEIWERS COULD EAT THERE WORDS.sorry about the caps peace.

Last edited by Juniorx; 04-04-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Juniorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:55 PM   #32
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Eh, people pretty much know me as being a TMNT fan. And I guess some think I'm kinda weird, but not enough that they shun me or anything. Which I appreciate.

Mostly, I think the Turtles are fun to draw and personality analyze the heck out of. Which is why I appreciate character based TMNT stories. And believe me, the Turtles have been all over the margins of my class notes for the past couple months and will likely stay there for a while. Hah.

But that's the good thing about being an animation major... my classmate buddies are all geeks too, just in different ways. They are perfectly fine with my Turtles geekdom, and I'm sure they find it amusing.

My mom kinda rolls her eyes sometimes, but she handles it well. This morning she called to ask if I'd finished the shirts I was painting for my friends and I to wear to the theater. And then proceeeded to inform me that my younger siblings were going to the movie this afternoon. Good for them.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #33
Turtleman100
Hench Mutant
 
Turtleman100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth CA
Posts: 329
Were just TMNT fans. big fans.
__________________
Don: I'm trying to blend here.
Turtleman100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:33 AM   #34
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Hell No! Non-turtle Fans Are Weird!
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:53 AM   #35
Brandatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brandatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CNY
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
Hell No! Non-turtle Fans Are Weird!
i agree with you there....
__________________
Brandatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:30 AM   #36
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I'm weird because I think details are important. Not just any details. All details. I'm weird because I don't act like a typical person. I'm weird because I like it that way. I'm not weird because I love animation, superheros or TMNT. Actually, that's now becoming a popular trend among adults even. Why would I want to be normal when I'd never be good at it? FORGET THAT! Being me is too much fun in comparison.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #37
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission
 
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: At my desk drawing something
Posts: 2,365
We are not wierd, we are the true fans, unlike many ppl who are getting hyped up for the film. We ar the ones who will wear out our copies of the soon coming DVDs watching it and the shows, while they only submit to the hype.

Stand tall, TMNT fans.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:17 AM   #38
Brandatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brandatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CNY
Posts: 364
very nice statement.. we are the true fans, we are the ones who go on the site every time on the internet, we are the one who devote most of their spare money to TMNT, we are the ones who get excitied for a new episode on television, who are the ones who spend more on TMNT than our love lives (lol JK) but i do anyway (wonder why i have love issues)
WE ARE THE TRUE TMNT FANS!!!
and for that we are not weird
__________________
Brandatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #39
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
We are here because the outside world rejects us. We are unique among our peers. But we are NOT WEIRD! WE ARE AWESOME!
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:21 PM   #40
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
We're not weird!

BTW, I went around today on other forums flamming people who complain about the lack of Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady in the new movie.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.