The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy TMNT?
A+ this was an awesome movie 87 41.63%
A It was really good 64 30.62%
B pretty good movie 43 20.57%
C eh it is ok but I like the older ones better 8 3.83%
D Disapointing I didn't really think it was all good 3 1.44%
E Terrible. Disgusting. worst movie of 2007 3 1.44%
I am not going to see this movie. Don't like CGI or ninja turtles. 1 0.48%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #181
ikology
Mouser
 
ikology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: S.F. CA
Posts: 13
in response to April's yellow "kill bill" ninja outfit:

Kevin said at WonderCon that it was a little touch they threw in to pay homage to the early Fred Wolf cartoon with newscaster April in the yellow jumper, and that it had absolutely nothing to do with Uma Thurman in Kill Bill
ikology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:29 PM   #182
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
This movie gave me everything I was hoping for. I haven't had that much fun with an audience since Snakes on A Plane.

Was the film cheesy? Absolutely, but it never crossed the threshold where fun cheesy became dumb cheesy.

"No sir, I'm not playing hard to get! It's not that kind of phone line!" - I was the only one in the theater who laughed at that.

Pros
The rain fight!
Casey-Raph dynamic
Whenever Donny was on screen, it was awesome.
Mikey seemed to stay in line most of the film
The rain!
Splinter's trophy room
Ninja April (who was yellow)

Cons
Not enough Donny (and he isn't even my favorite)
Splinter's voice, it just didn't do it for me
Splinter didn't do enough buttkickery
The horrible drawing of shredder
No Shredder (I'd settle for Karai shredder!)
The last movie I saw was 300, the fight scenes in TMNT didn't compare.

In the middles
The General with the shredder claw, if you have that claw, be AWESOME.
The name flashes at the bottom of the screen
Casey had blue hair
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:43 PM   #183
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Casey had blue hair
Hold it. Did I miss something? When did Casey have blue hair?
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:25 PM   #184
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Cons
The horrible drawing of shredder
No Shredder (I'd settle for Karai shredder!)
The last movie I saw was 300, the fight scenes in TMNT didn't comparer
..Oh, so you're not being objective and are comparing TMNT to a Frank Miller comic? Yeah, that's like putting Richard Lester's Superman II next to the Donner Cut of the film, no chance, but on their own merits, they work just fine in their own way. I saw 300 too, but I did'nt let it's battle sequences deter me from enjoying and admiring what I saw in this movie. What an absoltuety stupid comparison

The Shredder being absent is'nt a con, it allows the film to flow reallisticly and prove it can stand up without him, which it did. Karai is her own person, and I'm glad her indepedence was'nt compromised
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:30 PM   #185
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Indeed, The Shredder hasn't been the be-all-end-all villian in Mirage continuity since when, the early 90's and the comic is doing pretty good. The TMNT don't need Shredder to have a good movie. Am I alone in liking the fact that Winter's wasn't a "villian" pre say?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:40 PM   #186
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
I saw TMNT for the second time last night in a packed theatre, and I have to say I enjoyed it just as much as the first time.
If I was to score it out of 5, I'd give it a 3.

I was a little disappointed, but as I wasn't too keen on the monster plot anyway, I wasn't surprised by that.
I agree that the movie did drag a little in places, I was expecting a bit more action between the Turtles and the Foot, and I wish the plot had focused a bit more on Karai and the rebirth of the Footclan.

I think they made the story a little messy by having Max Winters as a 3000 year old immortal.
If he was just a mortal Bill Gates type, who had an obsession with collecting ancient artifacts, who then unwittingly opened a gate to another dimension in current time, unleashing all these creatures upon New York, that might have worked better.
Karai could have joined up with the Turtles, because the monsters threatened her own interests in ruling New York's underworld with a possible new Shredder, and with the monsters defeat, turns against the Turtles setting up the sequel with shredder.
That might have Ironed out a few of the big plot holes, which are painfully obvious.

Still though, if we can get a more Ninja heavy sequel, with more intense fight scenes like Raph and Leo, imagine Leo facing Karai, and all four Turtles against shredder, man that would kick ass.
I really hope we get a sequel.
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:41 PM   #187
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
I'm stuck between B and A.

I gotta get that novelization!
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:43 PM   #188
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aignatius View Post
Spoiler:
From what I understood from watching the movie once, he had this change of heart over the course of the last 3000 years. His intention at the beginning was to open the portal to send back the monsters, and to make him-- and the generals-- mortal again. When the generals found out what his intentions were, they decided not to seek out the 13th monster but put a substitute in there instead. They used Leo. Then they turned against Winters, and threw him down, and he ended up at the feet of the turtles. There he explained to them what he intended, because he said immortality is a curse, and he wanted to right the wrong he'd done. So then, they joined forces to complete Winter's mission.


Anyway, I could be off about this, just my take on it...
Yeah, he's tired.
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:46 PM   #189
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Indeed, The Shredder hasn't been the be-all-end-all villian in Mirage continuity since when, the early 90's and the comic is doing pretty good. The TMNT don't need Shredder to have a good movie. Am I alone in liking the fact that Winter's wasn't a "villian" pre say?
You are not alone sir.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:49 PM   #190
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Indeed, The Shredder hasn't been the be-all-end-all villian in Mirage continuity since when, the early 90's and the comic is doing pretty good. The TMNT don't need Shredder to have a good movie. Am I alone in liking the fact that Winter's wasn't a "villian" pre say?
No. I thought it worked for the film.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:08 PM   #191
cormano
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: williamsport, pa
Posts: 225
I saw the movie last night and I would give it a B. The characters were all dead on and the animation was much better than I expected (I don't really know why, but I didn't expect it to be very good). The voice acting was great and fight scenes were awesome. My only complaint is the story, as someone else mentioned, there are too many characters and just all around too much stuff for an 80 minute movie. I understand keeping it short for the theatre but I really hope we get an uncut dvd with about 20-30 extra minutes.

I would love to see a sequel with a story from the comics because, as I said, the characters and relationships seemed dead on. It would never happen, but as mentioned… Worms of Maddness would pretty much be the best movie ever. haha… I still like the first movie a bit better, but this definitely blows the other movies out of the water.
__________________
cormano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:12 PM   #192
ajistheman
Foot Soldier
 
ajistheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 121
hi, I went early to the movie on friday, but they were already sold out for the first showing, so i grabbed tickets to the 2nd showing before that sold out. I'm going to go see the movie again, and re-comment on it, but this is my thought on the movie.

I loved it.
Spoiler:
I loved how Mikey called Leo "Fearless Leader" just like this was the old cartoon, and I loved how Raph said "I love being a turtle" like the old movies. That was so cool. I like where the movie went with their family falling apart. I actually think Raph was pissier in this movie than the first one. Which kind of neglects any character development he made in the ending of 1, and 3. But I guess after a few years, he has gotten more mad. However, I wish April stayed in her movie continuity. She wasn't a fighter, she was a news reporter, which I know is based on the old cartoon, and it has been a few yrs since movie 3, so she can learn how to kick ass, but I just wasn't liking it. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the damsel in distress mode, but she didn't have to be THAT good of a fighter so soon. Maybe by Turtles 6 Also, unless you read the original comics or watch the new cartoon, people aren't going to know who Karai is... I felt like she should have been better introduced to casual fans seeing the film, but I'm mostly fine with how it went. I just slightly feel that. However, what I've been telling my non-turtles fans (for what seems like years) is that I wanted Karai and Leo's feelings for each other to be in the movie. Since I feel that is a really unique aspect to the turtles franchise. I can't think of any other comic book (please note that I only read turtles comics if i'm missing something, sorry) that has the good guy and bad guy love each other.
ajistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:31 PM   #193
Raphael555
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 74
Tmnt

I enjoyed the movie very much I gave it an A+ as it was one of the best movies I have seen in a while. My Favorite scene was the fight scene between Leonardo and Raphael in the rain. This movie was better then I thought it would be!!
Raphael555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #194
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
Ok I just saw it.
I have to say the CGI completely took me out of the movie. I hate CGI. They made all the humans look completely ridiculous. Seeing things like Mikey skateboard had absolutely no impact on me because it wasn't real at all.

The story was alright, it drew me in for sure. I wasn't left wanting more, which is a good thing I think.
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #195
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz View Post
Ok I just saw it.
I have to say the CGI completely took me out of the movie. I hate CGI. They made all the humans look completely ridiculous. Seeing things like Mikey skateboard had absolutely no impact on me because it wasn't real at all.

The story was alright, it drew me in for sure. I wasn't left wanting more, which is a good thing I think.
YOU BASTARD! You're no different than those imdb @$$holes!
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:36 PM   #196
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz View Post
Ok I just saw it.
I have to say the CGI completely took me out of the movie. I hate CGI. They made all the humans look completely ridiculous. Seeing things like Mikey skateboard had absolutely no impact on me because it wasn't real at all.

The story was alright, it drew me in for sure. I wasn't left wanting more, which is a good thing I think.

Haven't I flamed you on IMDB berfore?
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:37 PM   #197
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerfootw View Post
YOU BASTARD! You're no different than those imdb @$$holes!
What?

the CGI was awful. The turtles looked good of course, but everything else looked awful. It was just an awful awful medium for a martial arts action movie. I hated when George Lucas did CGI in a live action movie, doing CGI the entire movie was disappointing.
The scene at the end with them fighting the foot with Splinter/April/Casey was awesome but short.
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:38 PM   #198
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
Quote:
Jester:The TMNT don't need Shredder to have a good movie.
I completely agree, the Turtles are the most important aspect and besides there are plenty of other decent baddies from the comics and 2K3 cartoon other than Shredder.
I would still like to see him make return though.

Karai could handle leed villian no problem, I just wish that she was introduced as a more deadlier oponent in TMNT, she was lethal in the 2K3 cartoon.
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:41 PM   #199
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
Haven't I flamed you on IMDB berfore?
never been on imdb for TMNT.. could it be that more than one person thought the same thing? It's not very hard of a stretch, they really did an awful job with the art direction on humans. They went for totally realistic with the environment and the Turtles and then the humans, the people who are SUPPOSED to be the realistic anchor looked like they were ripped out of The Incredibles
I mean just look at casey jones, he looked ridiculous

They should have kept the feeling of the first movie by making it realistic looking
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:42 PM   #200
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,381
Ignore the trolling oaf. He's only instigating, by admiting the CGI put him off, something he knew going in, he's exposed himself as just causing trouble for the sake of it
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.