The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy TMNT?
A+ this was an awesome movie 87 41.63%
A It was really good 64 30.62%
B pretty good movie 43 20.57%
C eh it is ok but I like the older ones better 8 3.83%
D Disapointing I didn't really think it was all good 3 1.44%
E Terrible. Disgusting. worst movie of 2007 3 1.44%
I am not going to see this movie. Don't like CGI or ninja turtles. 1 0.48%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2007, 12:23 PM   #341
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franknada4 View Post
Well, I agree with most of what you had to say. But you cant really expect someone to respond to everyone with a forum that has so many people. I get ignored all the time.
That's one way to look at it, but I wasn't just talking the movie forum. Either way problem solved.

Jester and me post way to often for you to ignore us, even if you want to hahaha
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:53 PM   #342
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
That's one way to look at it, but I wasn't just talking the movie forum. Either way problem solved.

Jester and me post way to often for you to ignore us, even if you want to hahaha
hahah don't forget me I'm the brainy one with the good looks *bats eyelashes!*
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:25 PM   #343
LogicDonny
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,643
So this topic has quieten down and this was moved too! What the!?

So anyways, glad to see this topic back to normal now. I don't ignore you 2. I see alot it just too many posts are there after you guys.

So yes.
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #344
wyze2099
Hench Mutant
 
wyze2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryka83 View Post
i also got the impression slightly that there was a bit of a Leo/April romance somewhere. Tell me if i am "off my sewer slider rocker", but that was just my impression. To those of you that haven't seen the movie, you may see it periodically through the movie when their characters interact and know where i got this idea/impression from.
Heh, I kinda got that impression as well. The two did seem awfully close, and it seemed to me that April had more chemistry with Leo than with Casey, which is rather amusing. I dunno if I would necessarily call that chemistry a romance, though, because (and I'm speaking from experience here) platonic friendships between members of the opposite sex can be just as deep -- or even more so -- than romantic relationships.

But it might be interesting to see if this movie inspires Leo/April 'shipper fanfics.
wyze2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #345
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,407
I did'nt see any of that. April and Leo's conversations came off like brother and sister, she was heavily into Casey.

God, when it comes to 'Shippers, there is no SANE conversation.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:53 PM   #346
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyze2099 View Post
Heh, I kinda got that impression as well. The two did seem awfully close, and it seemed to me that April had more chemistry with Leo than with Casey, which is rather amusing. I dunno if I would necessarily call that chemistry a romance, though, because (and I'm speaking from experience here) platonic friendships between members of the opposite sex can be just as deep -- or even more so -- than romantic relationships.

But it might be interesting to see if this movie inspires Leo/April 'shipper fanfics.
You know, I started to get a weird feeling, very akward actually, when April fell into that hole in Leo's arms. That scene was, well, kind of weird. Definitely made me feel like, oookkeeeaaayy.

Good thing it wasn't Donny, he probably would have dropped her!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:01 PM   #347
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I did'nt see any of that. April and Leo's conversations came off like brother and sister, she was heavily into Casey.

God, when it comes to 'Shippers, there is no SANE conversation.
I didn't see that either but hell what do I know I'm more into packers than I am Shippers anyways
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:05 PM   #348
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
You know, I started to get a weird feeling, very akward actually, when April fell into that hole in Leo's arms. That scene was, well, kind of weird. Definitely made me feel like, oookkeeeaaayy.

Good thing it wasn't Donny, he probably would have dropped her!
Why would he?
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:06 PM   #349
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerfootw View Post
Why would he?
I know right! she looks like she ways what maybe 10 pounds in the movie lol
I'm suprised she didn't split in half as she was falling lol
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #350
ikology
Mouser
 
ikology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: S.F. CA
Posts: 13
yeah, especially her waist, my god, did you see how thin they made her around the waist?! lol
at first it was so noticeable and ridiculous looking that I couldn't help but laugh
But then I kind of just wrote it off as them maybe trying to have their own unique style in their character design, kinda like the Turtles' exaggerated hands and feet
ikology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:16 PM   #351
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
I know right! she looks like she ways what maybe 10 pounds in the movie lol
I'm suprised she didn't split in half as she was falling lol
That didn't answer my question.
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:17 PM   #352
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikology View Post
"I know right! she looks like she ways what maybe 10 pounds in the movie lol
I'm suprised she didn't split in half as she was falling lol"


yeah, especially her waist, my god, did you see how thin they made her around the waist?! lol
at first it was so noticeable and ridiculous looking that I couldn't help but laugh
But then I kind of just wrote it off as them maybe trying to have their own unique style in their character design, kinda like the Turtles' exaggerated hands and feet
same!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerfootw View Post
That didn't answer my question.
please phrase your question in the form of a ........question.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:28 PM   #353
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
I already did!

My question was "Why would he (Don)?" in response to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
You know, I started to get a weird feeling, very akward actually, when April fell into that hole in Leo's arms. That scene was, well, kind of weird. Definitely made me feel like, oookkeeeaaayy.

Good thing it wasn't Donny, he probably would have dropped her!
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #354
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz View Post
Ok I just saw it.
I have to say the CGI completely took me out of the movie. I hate CGI. They made all the humans look completely ridiculous. Seeing things like Mikey skateboard had absolutely no impact on me because it wasn't real at all.

The story was alright, it drew me in for sure. I wasn't left wanting more, which is a good thing I think.
I actually didn't mind that seeing as I'm into skateboarding.
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:37 PM   #355
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerfootw View Post
I already did!

My question was "Why would he (Don)?" in response to:
oh wasn't sure what part you ment but maybe because he's not as strong as the other guys? *shruggs*
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:51 PM   #356
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Back to business. I've decided that between A and B, I'll go with B. It does go along better with my 7.5/10 rating and well...

Pros:
Perfect voice acting.
Breakthrough CGI.
Pretty funny. I'm not a big laugher though so I didn't in the theatre.
Conveyed the emotions of the TMNT perfectly.
Action was swift and pretty cool.
Good new direction.

Cons:
Sometimes it felt like it could've been an episode from either series instead of a film.
Somethings I feel were indeed cut more than others--mainly it's just my feeling that I wanted that longer version.
Could've been a bit more mature/dark.
Got a little lost about the plot.
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:56 PM   #357
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerfootw View Post
I already did!

My question was "Why would he (Don)?" in response to:
Fix your sarcasm detector please.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:04 PM   #358
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Fix your sarcasm detector please.
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic! I was just trying to know what Warhorse meant!

P.S. It's your attempt at sarcasm right there that sucked!
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #359
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerfootw View Post
Why would he?

What I meant about that, is that in some incarnations, Donny I thought had a bit of a crush on April, and to have her in his arms like she was in Leo's, I think he would panic and drop her. That's all. Just a little humor that didn't go over. My bad.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:23 PM   #360
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Oh........
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.