The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #101
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
very why do comic book guys have to be such jerks seriously most of them really do act like the guy from the simpsons.
That sucks.

I've honestly never had a comic book guy like that, and I've used a lot of different shops over the years. Guess I've been spoiled.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #102
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
That sucks.

I've honestly never had a comic book guy like that, and I've used a lot of different shops over the years. Guess I've been spoiled.
I guess so every single one of them from my life in pittsburgh, los angelese,c.a. have been the biggest weirdos and jerks I've ever met.
I'm giving them my money I'd atleast think they wouldnt mke fun of the turtles to my face shesh!
And you are lucky the best comic shop ever was lone star in texas boy do I miss that little shop!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:57 PM   #103
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
EDIT: never mind on where/how to buy TMNT movie prequels online...

After reading that description... I'm very intrigued and very jealous of everyone with comic book stores that aren't so crappy as mine. I'm gonna check out the suggested sites. How safe/reliable are they? Can anyone vouch for them?
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #104
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
EDIT: never mind on where/how to buy TMNT movie prequels online...

After reading that description... I'm very intrigued and very jealous of everyone with comic book stores that aren't so crappy as mine. I'm gonna check out the suggested sites. How safe/reliable are they? Can anyone vouch for them?
Mile hight is a very good store I've bought allot of comics from them!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:05 PM   #105
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Mile hight is a very good store I've bought allot of comics from them!
they seem to only have the movie adaptation...
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:10 PM   #106
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
they seem to only have the movie adaptation...
they are selling comics on ebay as well I pay through paypal it's quick and easy for buyers bad for sellers because it's so sloooooooooow
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #107
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
My local comic book store is super-reliable and I get great service.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:49 AM   #108
Kal Jenko
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hull, England
Posts: 1
Hi everyone, I was just currently reading this thread about the Prequel comics and couldn't help but notice people was saying the Donatello issue wasn't out, over here in the UK a comic book shop is currently seeling all 5-issues including the TMNT Prequel #3 Donatello (I know I picked it up yesterday along with the other 4 issues).

You might want to re-ask your LCBS if they can order it in.

Kal Jenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #109
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
ugh! seriously just ugh! another reason for me to loath the uk! you guys always get the better dvds and now u get the comics the moronic shops dont order.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #110
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Talking

YESSSS!!!!!!!!! Apparently enough people have complained that our comic book store put in an order for the prequel comics yesterday! I am so excited...

TURTLE POWER!
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #111
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Better DVDs? Last I spotted, you guys are up to bloody series nine thousand and one, part seven and a half V.3 in the 2k3 series, when we got left way back at the end of the first season... PLUS you got te whole extras Peter Laird thingymabobber, and what did we get? nothing...

sorry bout that...


And yep, what a great day I had so far in TMNT terms... First of all I got up dead early to take a walk to the post office depot to pick up a parcel. On returning, said parcel had an Eastman/Ryan Brown sketch/watercolour of Raphael which I won offa ebay (from Ryan Brown himself, which he signed to me too). Also in the package was a great surprise, a signed (to me again, with headsketch) poster of the art show which he just held last weekend! What a total great guy, i'm made over by this. Then a coupla hours later the buzzer goes, "Package for Mr Tough" says the voice, so I signed for it and all, only for it to be 2 original pages of Rick Vietch's North by Northwest comic (b & w, bought offa Heavy metal site). Very good!! Then I took a trip on my way to work to my LCS, where I got the Donnie, April and Leo prequels, also th new Tales book too! And I got to read em at work, thus getting paid to do so!! (as I am now getting paid to post on the forum!)

And to make things even better, there's a dude called John Haward doing a signing at my LCS tomorrow, so I done a google on him, found his site and it turns out he done a coupla Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles stuff back in the day in the UK, so I emailed him and he's taking some original art to the signing for my viewing and buying pleasure!!! Can't wait!!!

Woah, what a lenghty post! And now, onto the comics:

Donnie's issue is great,
Spoiler:
but not exactly a solo effort, as Splinter plays a rather large roll in it, which was brilliant! and Mikey sticks his nose in too for a whiley)
Only thing is the art, I thought it worked on some pages, and on others it looked truely awful. I'm a big fan of Lawson's, but I jsut don't dig his 'New Movie' turtle look. And I think the chopping and changing of inkers didn't help either.

April's is also awesome!! Very nice twist at the end there, and the art was brilliant! Who knew she went through so much in the jungles!

Leo's was pretty cool too, but my least favourite of this three. Dunno why, the art was brilliant, the story was nice, but I just preferred the other two... I totally dug the cameo of another character though, which was a nice surprise!

In fact, my order of preference for these prequel comics goes:

Donnie
Raph
April
Leo
Mikey

Ta~Da!!


phew!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #112
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookie View Post
Better DVDs? Last I spotted, you guys are up to bloody series nine thousand and one, part seven and a half V.3 in the 2k3 series, when we got left way back at the end of the first season... PLUS you got te whole extras Peter Laird thingymabobber, and what did we get? nothing...
sorry bout that...
hahah it's all good I wasn;t even talking about tmnt I was talking about all the rad box set's of shows you guys get after we get lame versions. and things are cut , etc.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #113
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookie View Post
First of all I got up dead early to take a walk to the post office depot to pick up a parcel. On returning, said parcel had an Eastman/Ryan Brown sketch/watercolour of Raphael which I won offa ebay (from Ryan Brown himself, which he signed to me too). Also in the package was a great surprise, a signed (to me again, with headsketch) poster of the art show which he just held last weekend! What a total great guy, i'm made over by this.
Ryan sent me the same poster with the art that I bought from him. Very, very awesome guy.

I'll be picking up the April and Leo books tomorrow - I hope they're as good as I've read!!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #114
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Ryan sent me the same poster with the art that I bought from him. Very, very awesome guy.

I'll be picking up the April and Leo books tomorrow - I hope they're as good as I've read!!
Where was ryan brown selling art at!!??
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #115
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Where was ryan brown selling art at!!??
eBay. Steve Lavigne has been selling a few things, too (unfortunately his current offerings are too pricey for me). I've also bought stuff from Dooney, but I haven't seen him list any TMNT stuff in probably a couple years.

But since I do buy from them when I am interested and can afford it, I'm gonna have to leave it up to you to find them.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #116
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Picked up both April and Leonardo and got two free passes to the opening day of Toronto ComiCON along with them. Score!
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:17 AM   #117
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
Lucky you...I got my April & Leo plus latest Tales issue.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #118
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Ok. First. Let me say, I really don't like comic books. I never really read the Turtle comic books, but jsut took avid readers word for what they have read.

Today, I get the Meet Casey Jones and the Leonardo Prequel.

Honestly. I think the Turtles comics really, really suck. I hate the black and white. The art is aweful, I can draw ten times better than that. On Buslady's site, there is a member there that has artwork of the Turtles that could blow anything you see the "professionals" do out of the water. The wording of comic books suck. And why in the hell is it black and white? Why couldn't the whole Leonardo comic book art be like the one on the cover. Cover looks great, but then you open it, and see work that looks like it was done by a 6 year old. Actually, I have seen better drawings of the Turtles done by 6 year olds than I saw in this comic!

So, I ask, what is it really that makes these comic books so enjoyable to most ninja turtle fans? Does my hatred for the comic book format make me an inferior TMNT fan? I don't like feeling like this, but I almost want my money back on those two comics I got, and I didn't even pay for the freaking things, they were given to me by my cousin as a late birthday present, but she even thought the Turtles comics sucked compared to her beloved X-Men.

Do you people really like the comics over the 2k3 toon, old movies and so forth?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #119
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
I just got my first set of comics, the Graphic Novels Volumes I-IV (from 1986) and the first two movie prequels.

The graphic novels are great and fun to read, they really clear up a lot I did not know. The artwork is pretty solid and stays truw to the turtles.

As for the prequels, I agree, the art is inferior. I am not sure why. I did only buy these to inform myself of what happened before the movie.

So far, some are good and some aren;t that great. For $3.25, how can ya really complain?
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:25 PM   #120
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
I just got my first set of comics, the Graphic Novels Volumes I-IV (from 1986) and the first two movie prequels.

The graphic novels are great and fun to read, they really clear up a lot I did not know. The artwork is pretty solid and stays truw to the turtles.

As for the prequels, I agree, the art is inferior. I am not sure why. I did only buy these to inform myself of what happened before the movie.

So far, some are good and some aren;t that great. For $3.25, how can ya really complain?

I dunno. I love the Turtles, but I also only know them from the old toon, theatrical movies, theatricla movie novel adaptations and the 2k3 toon. I've caught a few of the fast forward eps, but the bug the living hell out of me, so I simply don't watch that anymore.

The comic books, I was jsut dissapointed. I never really liked the story telling in comic books, no matter what franchise they were, but I at least liked some of the art, like the Conan, some X-Men, and an occasional batman. But the Turtles, not so much. I guess not even the Turtles can't change me what I am. No sweat.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prequel comics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.