The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Kevin Still Co-owns the Turtles! (SG Interview)

I just stumbled across this article on the SuicideGirls site where Kevin Eastman was interviewed and finally addresses the fact that he DOES indeed still share ownership of the Turtles.

Here's the link: http://209.237.250.100/interviews/Kevin+Eastman/
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
yeah we know. it think alot of people didnt understand what happened. Why would he sell out a hot property that'll still bring in a nice little paycheck? It'd be stupid. He just doesnt get in there and create. Which is sad cos Laird's screwed it all up IMO.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
yeah we know. it think alot of people didnt understand what happened. Why would he sell out a hot property that'll still bring in a nice little paycheck? It'd be stupid. He just doesnt get in there and create. Which is sad cos Laird's screwed it all up IMO.
Gotta agree with buslady atleast laird has enough smarts to say no to a pokemon type version of tmnt.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:20 PM   #4
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Gotta agree with buslady atleast laird has enough smarts to say no to a pokemon type version of tmnt.
My position is that Peter does great when it comes to making the business decisions, he just shouldn't be writing the stories anymore.

I actually have a couple quotes that I want to put in this thread, but I need to dig into my comics for them. I'll get to them soonish.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #5
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
My position is that Peter does great when it comes to making the business decisions, he just shouldn't be writing the stories anymore.

I actually have a couple quotes that I want to put in this thread, but I need to dig into my comics for them. I'll get to them soonish.
Yeah I agree with that also I am happy that Murphys gonna be in charge of the aniversy stuff so lets hope we get some kick ass figures and stuff.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Ok, here are the two quotes from Peter that I recently stumbled across when going through comics. This could explain why so many people believed Kevin to have "sold out." Given what we now know, these are very, very misleading comments.

From TMNT Vol. 4 #1:




From the PBBZ Reprint of TMNT #1 (this book):

Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #7
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,206
Mabey Eastman still gets royalties from anything that was made before he left (Comics, OT, 90's Movies, etc.) but nothing new (NT, new movie, Volume 4....)?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #8
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Mabey Eastman still gets royalties from anything that was made before he left (Comics, OT, 90's Movies, etc.) but nothing new (NT, new movie, Volume 4....)?
Kevin gets royalties on the new movie, so I'm sure he's also benefiting from the other stuff, too.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:56 PM   #9
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,206
Oh, lucky dude. This is all very confusing...
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:05 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
But do Laird and Kevin get equal profits?

Since Laird is more directly involved with the franchise, wouldn't he get more than Eastman does? Isn't Laird credited as a director for the new movie too?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:08 PM   #11
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But do Laird and Kevin get equal profits?
Nothing that specific has ever been released.

Quote:
Isn't Laird credited as a director for the new movie too?
Peter was an Executive Producer, although that's the easiest title to get in Hollywood. His real role was as Creative Consultant.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:09 PM   #12
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,206
Executive Producer I think...

EDIT: Nevermind
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #13
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Kevin gets royalties on the new movie, so I'm sure he's also benefiting from the other stuff, too.
Think that was maybe a finder's fee? O_o Eastman brought Imagi to the table, after all.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #14
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Think that was maybe a finder's fee? O_o Eastman brought Imagi to the table, after all.
Based on what Kevin wrote, it doesn't seem to be.

Also, from the original link provided:

Quote:
Did you say that you still own the Turtles? I thought you sold the Turtles.

KE:
No. That seems to be a continuing, on-going question and it’s due to whatever Mirage is putting out. When I started working on the second Heavy Metal movie and Heavy Metal as a company started growing the Turtles were really in a sleeping period. I told Peter that I wanted to spend more time with Heavy Metal and he said, “Why don’t we do a deal where I’ll buy out your creative control?” I still retain an ownership in the property and I get checks every quarter. Why wouldn’t I, I drew the first Turtles, and I’ve been with that property for 20 some odd years. So we reached an agreement that he would take over creative control. But I still own the Turtles and I still get money and I’m grateful for that because I’ve got bills to pay. A lot of people say, “Why did you sell out on the Turtles?” I say, “First, **** you I didn’t.” They are still very much my characters and whatever is done with them, hopefully Peter pulls together the right people to put together the vision that he and I created together.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:34 PM   #15
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Based on what Kevin wrote, it doesn't seem to be.

Also, from the original link provided:
awww that makes ya feel all warm and squishy
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:50 PM   #16
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Aside from finally knowing he does still have ownership in the Turtles, here's my personal favorite quote Kevin made from the article:

Quote:
I still have more Turtle stories to tell.
Wouldn't it be wicked to have Kevin take part in a special 25th anniversary story!
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #17
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo83 View Post
Aside from finally knowing he does still have ownership in the Turtles, here's my personal favorite quote Kevin made from the article:



Wouldn't it be wicked to have Kevin take part in a special 25th anniversary story!
Yes I would then need to invest in adult diapers.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #18
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Lmfao!!! :O D
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #19
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Maybe Kevin should buy his portion back lol
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:24 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
Kevin needs to write some Tales issues, that would be awesome.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.