The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 08:44 AM   #81
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnimatedSeries View Post
Sorry to go back to the controversy, but to explain why I think Mikey is bi-curious:
- he's a "party dude" who probably listens to Prince
A very weak argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnimatedSeries View Post
- the way he looks in rooish's avatar, that look he is giving is exactly the same look I would give Matt Daman if I were bi-curious for him. That look is resoundly bi and serves no other purpose than to express with body language "I will go there.. tonight, I will go anywhere, Sir".
A very good argument
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #82
Janus Prospero
Hench Mutant
 
Janus Prospero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnimatedSeries View Post
- the way he looks in rooish's avatar, that look he is giving is exactly the same look I would give Matt Daman if I were bi-curious for him. That look is resoundly bi and serves no other purpose than to express with body language "I will go there.. tonight, I will go anywhere, Sir".
LMFAO!!!

It does look like he is giving someone bedroom eyes.
__________________
Janus Prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #83
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Just to let everyone know, the pic of CG Mikey in Rooish's avatar is from the extended birthday sequence that was scrapped. At that moment in the scene, he was staring off into space as there was no one around to look at.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:15 AM   #84
Wanda
Thug
 
Wanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
great,now we can change this topic from "tails" to "asexuality",coz it is still open to discussion.
This was pretty good list of questions. Let's see if I really can manage to explain these things in English.

First we must separate the term gender from sex.

Sex is purely biological: it can be male, female or intersex (used to known as hermaphrodite).

Gender would be meaning now one's personal experience of gender identity. It could be man, woman, androgyne or total genderless/neutral.

Asexuality means one has no sexual desires.
Hetero-/homosexuality means one has sexual desires towards opposite sex/same sex (which is problematic if one isn't male or female or has different gender identity than his/her biological sex).
Bisexuality, sometimes referred to pan- or omnisexuality means parter's biological sex doesn't count.

Anyone still following?


"is a genderless male or female?"

Genderless is male, female or intersex person biologically but has no gender identity (or considers it as 'neutral')

"does a genderless have genital desire?"

Yes or no. To be genderless doesn't equal asexuality, as to be a man or male doesn't automatically mean his hetero or gay.

"is a asexual male or female?"

Yes. Or intersex.

"does a asexual have genital desire?"

Nope.

"does a genderless have romatic love?"

Yes.

"does a asexual have romatic love?"

Yes, I guess.
__________________

*
Hey, filthy king won't you give me a dream!*

***

"The true art of the ninja: hit and run.
(That is why some ninja(s) are often confused with drunk drivers.)"


The Origin of the Ninja
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:29 AM   #85
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
a genderless has no hormone,has he/she?
then why does he/she have desire?=X
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:48 AM   #86
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
This thread gives me a headache. >_<
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:07 AM   #87
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
well who shoulda make a appology?me?0[]o
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:23 AM   #88
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
No one. Just stating a fact. This thread gives me a headache. I'd like to know why all of this matters to you. What difference does it all make? Is this just for the purpose of finding new points of discussion on the franchise? Why can't I wake up at a reasonable hour? Where is Mr. Goodbar? Do you know the muffin-man? All these questions and more flood my mind when I look at this thread, and it gives me a headache.

Of course, the fact that my inner ear is bleeding can't be helping matters...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:48 AM   #89
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
because i have a different opinion 'bout that and want to know whether im or others are wrong at this point?
im not idling around.0xo
and,i didn't readjust the GMT to where i actually am.
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:03 AM   #90
Wanda
Thug
 
Wanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
a genderless has no hormone,has he/she?
then why does he/she have desire?=X
Yes, a genderless person does have hormones, like every human does.

Genderlessness has nothing to do with biology, as far as the science know today at least.

So again, let's not mix biological sex with gender identity.


And about Turtles' sexualities...well, Michelangelo seems absolutely hetero to me. Actually I think he's the most hetero of them all, though he's a transvestite. But that has nothing to do with one's sexual identity.

Raphael seems bi to me, probably 'cause I see him as the Turtle with the biggest "sex drive" (or what ever being horny is called more correctly). But I hardly can see him dating any males (although I prolly wish I could ).

Leonardo is certainly hetero-orientated, but I think he could fall in love with a matching male as well if he ever thought about it, so I'd almost rank him as bi.

And Donatello should be gay. He should be the compulsory representative of gay minority that has to be added in every show. That would also explain why females like him so easily.


And all of them certainly identify themselves as men. Even Mikey.
__________________

*
Hey, filthy king won't you give me a dream!*

***

"The true art of the ninja: hit and run.
(That is why some ninja(s) are often confused with drunk drivers.)"


The Origin of the Ninja
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #91
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Of course, the fact that my inner ear is bleeding can't be helping matters...

sorry about your inner ear man, that sucks . That would make even good natured people grumpy. You need a hug! **hugs gobo**

Where do you get transvestite from Wanda? Because Mikey has occassinally been forced to to wear a dress?

And I thinmk you are about to royally piss off some Raphael fans by labeling him Bi

And I disagree about Donatello. I don't get a gay vibe off him he is just one of those really sweet adorable guys that every girl feels comfertable around to bitch about their problems but is to shallow to consider dating because they would rather go for the bad boy jerk who treats them like meat, rather than the cute stable guy who would treat them right.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:23 AM   #92
Wanda
Thug
 
Wanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Where do you get transvestite from Wanda? Because Mikey has occassinally been forced to to wear a dress?
Rather because Mike seemed to like it. To wear the dress. Or maybe he enjoyed being forced...okay, I think I really have to stop this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
And I thinmk you are about to royally piss off some Raphael fans by labeling him Bi
Yeah, might be (and I'll prolly love every second of it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I don't get a gay vibe off him
That's because gays don't send vibes. Okay, few maybe.

But I do agree that there's not much of anything that can be considered gayness in Don's appearance.
__________________

*
Hey, filthy king won't you give me a dream!*

***

"The true art of the ninja: hit and run.
(That is why some ninja(s) are often confused with drunk drivers.)"


The Origin of the Ninja
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:55 AM   #93
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
sorry about your inner ear man, that sucks . That would make even good natured people grumpy. You need a hug! **hugs gobo**
*hugzback*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Where do you get transvestite from Wanda? Because Mikey has occassinally been forced to to wear a dress?
Rather because Mike seemed to like it. To wear the dress. Or maybe he enjoyed being forced...okay, I think I really have to stop this now.
More evidence of Bugs Bunny's orientation...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #94
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Nope Raph ain't Bi....not after the way he's crushing on April in TMNT1...
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #95
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
Nope Raph ain't Bi....not after the way he's crushing on April in TMNT1...
The movie universe doesn't speak for the entire TMNT line. On top of that bi means they like both genders so how can you say just because he's crushing for a girl he isn't bi?

Really your being silly now. this whole thread is silly!
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #96
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
funny thing u sholda say is that you can start a topic overrrr a boat,and find out it ends with a butt.they do sound alike by the way.=s

help again?
may anyone give an evidance to support that genderless ppl do not have hormone?

and even if ye r right 'bout it,okay,they are genderless,AND they are asexual.

it's not all 'bout sex,ppl.

donnie...im sorry,they all agree that u r a fargot,that's why u r the most active one in sticking around ladies in toons existed.and though u r a little sissy comparing with your bros,i like your voice.
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #97
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull
Damn.

Some people are just having their own twisted fun with this topic. I thought any serious looking discussion concerning four mutated chelonians that have been training ninjitsu for their whole lives should be taken with a proper grain of salt. But you proved me wrong.

But yeah, let's get back to our usually scheduled themes,

that are

"Where do the TMNT get money for their pizzas?"

or

"Who is the best fighter?"

Oh - and let's over-analyze Leo's complicated psyche to death as well. As he deserves it no less than that bastard Raskolnikov.
Heh. Well played, Bully. I agree that we shouldn't limit ourselves to the "same old" topics. This thread is really entertaining.

Wanda, it was awesome that you posted the definitions for all of those terms. I feel that everyone needs to read those and understand the definitions. There are way too many over-generalizations and misconceptions in the world. Oh and--Fun Fact--asexuals can feel romantic love, I read that on an asexuality website (I research a lot of stuff on the Internet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja
Where do you get transvestite from Wanda? Because Mikey has occassinally been forced to to wear a dress?
Dudette, he totally enjoyed wearing that dress.

Not that that makes him gay--Fun Fact--there are more heterosexual cross-dressing men than there are homosexual ones. Granted ... there are a lot fewer homosexuals in this world, so I don't know the statistics of whether proportionally more homosexual men cross-dress ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
Oh MAN this topic is even better then when I mentioned Don might be gay. I thought the reactions there were funny but this takes the cake.

You are some seriously deranged fangirls.

"HE'S NOT GAY IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

Honestly their turtles, mutant turtles, they have no attraction to humans and there's nothing for them to intimate with besides other mutants which hasn't come up yet in the main series so really why are we even discussing this?
Because it's fun to speculate ... but I swear I don't think about this stuff as I am falling asleep. But I gotta say, I can't imagine Donatello and Leatherhead together. Wouldn't ... Leatherhead ... break ... him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnimatedSeries
- the way he looks in rooish's avatar, that look he is giving is exactly the same look I would give Matt Daman if I were bi-curious for him. That look is resoundly bi and serves no other purpose than to express with body language "I will go there.. tonight, I will go anywhere, Sir".
Oh god ... are you serious? No, no, read gobo's explanation. Oh yeah --

*Rooish returns gobo's hug*

Anyway, Mike in my avatar is just happy ... because he got the Cowabunga Carl head off ... and the wind was blowing his bandanna tails ... and he felt refreshed ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he's not horny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull
No one is interested in your tails anymore. It's pretty well visible if they have tails or not, depending on the universe, so there is nothing to discuss in here.
Aww, that was mean, dude. Granted, the Turtles' sexuality is more interesting ... but I feel bad about the direction it has gone, given its original topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady
Nope Raph ain't Bi....not after the way he's crushing on April in TMNT1...
Yeah ... that's silly reasoning ... the whole thing about bisexuality is that you can have a crush on males or on females ... or he could be omnisexual and get crushes on folks of any gender ... his crushing on April--or any other woman, or only other women so far--doesn't mean he couldn't also crush on a man.

I don't think that any of the Turtles are homosexual, because all of them have, in canonical sources, liked females at one point or other. I don't think any of them are bisexual either, but that's only because only a small proportion of people are bisexual anyway, so it's just improbable statistically. But their personalities in and of themselves don't make me doubt that they are bisexual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd
donnie...im sorry,they all agree that u r a fargot,that's why u r the most active one in sticking around ladies in toons existed.and though u r a little sissy comparing with your bros,i like your voice.
Bad word, man. I know you spelled it differently, but ... ouch.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #98
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Because it's fun to speculate ... but I swear I don't think about this stuff as I am falling asleep. But I gotta say, I can't imagine Donatello and Leatherhead together. Wouldn't ... Leatherhead ... break ... him?
As Leatherhead'84 about that I'm sure he knows all about it...
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:55 AM   #99
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Aww, that was mean, dude. Granted, the Turtles' sexuality is more interesting ... but I feel bad about the direction it has gone, given its original topic.
Yeah, but that's what usually happens to silly topics on this board - we're always going way OT in consequences. In this case, people don't have much to say here, since they are neither genderless nor asexual. That's why we are slowly floating to the more exciting areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
I don't think any of them are bisexual either, but that's only because only a small proportion of people are bisexual anyway, so it's just improbable statistically.
Kinsey would say the other way round.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:21 AM   #100
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
Kinsey would say the other way round.
He may have been a pioneer in his field, but his methods of statistical-data collection were terribly unreliable. Being the first doesn't make one the best.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.