![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
TMNT Adventures on Audio cassette
Hey,
I was wondering if any one has and would be willing to part with a copy of the Random House audio cassettes released to go with the first few issues of the series. I had them as a kid and am trying to track them down.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
|
I'm 99% sure I've got the first audio cassette. I'll sell it for whatever you offer + shipping.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Writer • Director
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
|
I know I have the Wrestling one.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
|
I wonder if there is a way to get an MP3 out of a Cassette. I remember I once made a mix cassette with the "intergalactic Wrestling and other Stories" Cassette and I changed a few things around. I replaced the commercial for TMNT coloring books with Spatula City from UHF.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here] |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Dierna Soul, Reporter
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
|
There's Mp3's available of the audio cassetts. They were made a couple months ago and I even made a thread about em.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 286
|
Ooh, which thread? Can you link? I did a few searches, but couldn't find it.
__________________
"Wise man say: forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
Exactly...where? Cause that's all I was gonna do, convert the tapes to MP3 and then re-post them to the internet somewhere.
Those willing to sell...name your price?
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Dierna Soul, Reporter
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
|
If anybody wishes to get the Mp3's just PM me your email addys and I'll send em your way. They don't seem to be available anywhere online so I was extremely lucky to find the ones that I have (the audios of the mini series and the first 2 eps of the regular Archie).
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
|
Wow, Krang's voice is a whole lot creepier.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
Yeah, Krang's voice I like. (I think his voice is why I wanted the audio.)
Shredder's is ok. Splinter is a glaring Asian stereotype. The Turtles, Bebop and Rocksteady are almost too similar and at times too lifeless. April's pretty good, if a little dull.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 Last edited by Jester; 12-03-2007 at 03:28 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |
|
Mouser
![]() Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
|
Quote:
Krang's voice was certainly awesome, tho. Someone needs to make an mp3 of the wrestling one, tho. It's the only one i've never heard, as i was too stupid to buy it in stores, since i already had (and still have) the comic issues it was narrating T_T |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
|
What!
You mean they didn't use the same voices as the old toon? |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Mouser
![]() Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
|
nope. this was an uncredited cast. but that's what made these so interesting. when you change the voices and change the music (these had some unique musical pieces), it creates a quite unique, alternate experience. Like it's been pointed out, Krang's voice was awesome. Unlike in the toon, here it was deep and throaty, and all-together more threatening and scary.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Storyteller
Was there any storyteller voice too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Mouser
![]() Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
|
yup, a narrator describes all the physical actions going on in each panel, so like, if you don't have the comics, you can listen to them like an audio play and still know what's going on. That's what i loved so much about them; as a kid i used to listen to them while going to bed. And now i can do that again thanks to Raph's Girl ^^
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18
|
Not to pester anyone, but do these mp3s still exist? I'd love to listen, as I only had the first two as a kid, and I'd love to hear them again as well as those I never had.
__________________
"Ah power...the only thing in life greater then toast." |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Mouser
![]() Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Theme song
Did they have the 1987 cartoon's theme song too? Or another?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Mouser
![]() Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|