The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 03:48 AM   #21
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
It would be sad that a mutated humanoid turtle who lives in a sewer hadn't had sex?
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:01 AM   #22
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Quote:
It be sad if they haven't screwed a human girl on some random adventure by the time they reached Volume 4 anyways....
I can only imagine two of the Turtles having random adventures. For the other two, it would be WAY OOC.

And I do not know if given their anatomical differences, screwing would be possible. I think they would only get to the heavy petting stage. It would stay at outercourse.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:05 AM   #23
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant
 
blue_angel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
I just ordered this and other past issues. Being on an island with 2 or 3 comics stores that hardly, if ever,carry TMNT, I am forced to order direct from Mirage. I love my turtles...
__________________
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Suffice to say I'm strongly against this... but at this point even the TMNT comics are about an asshair away from just being dead to me anyway, so I can't really muster up any emotion beyond something resembling "numb dissatisfaction."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post
I just ordered this and other past issues. Being on an island with 2 or 3 comics stores that hardly, if ever,carry TMNT, I am forced to order direct from Mirage.
No you're not. Ask one of the comic stores to add TMNT to your pull list, and they'll make sure it's ordered for you every month.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #26
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No you're not. Ask one of the comic stores to add TMNT to your pull list, and they'll make sure it's ordered for you every month.
I've tried that, they always give me **** if I don't want 3 or 4 other titles. I only read turtles. That's mainly because I can get the whole story without having to read not only the turtles back issues but 500 other comics without other characters lines. That's why Marvel pisses me off.

"Check out this new arc in Spider-man #45, GHost Rider #56, Morbius the Vampire #1! We made a whole new comic just to piss you off! Hulk #34, Super Hulk Explosion War #440"

They do that like twice a year now.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:50 AM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
I've tried that, they always give me **** if I don't want 3 or 4 other titles.
Your comic store is run by scumbags, then. Every place I've been to will do it even for one comic, though it varies whether or not they ask for some kind of deposit or pre-payment.

Quote:
"Check out this new arc in Spider-man #45, GHost Rider #56, Morbius the Vampire #1! We made a whole new comic just to piss you off! Hulk #34, Super Hulk Explosion War #440"

They do that like twice a year now.
I read Green Lantern, so there's plenty of that. I don't mind the occasional mega-crossover, but what happens lately is that things are going from mega-crossover to mega-crossover to mega-crossover, with no real decompression... yeah, not digging it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #28
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant
 
blue_angel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No you're not. Ask one of the comic stores to add TMNT to your pull list, and they'll make sure it's ordered for you every month.
I've thought of that but I'd get so imbarassed in asking. Being a girl, comic book stores intimidate me. They are geared more for dudes. (which makes sense since mostly dudes read them) ANYWAY, before I get of the topic... I haven't been to the comic store in a while so I'll try that and hope I don't have the same problem as Spitfire. THANKS.
__________________
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #29
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Your comic store is run by scumbags, then. Every place I've been to will do it even for one comic, though it varies whether or not they ask for some kind of deposit or pre-payment.
Many are, where do you think the character of Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons came from? Stereo Types exist for a reason.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #30
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Yeah, places don't order it for me. Ever heard of Toronto? Fifth most populous city in North America? Only one comic shop carries up-to-date TMNT -- at least from what I've found. Other places are just like, "Sorry, we don't carry ... that."
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Yeah, places don't order it for me. Ever heard of Toronto? Fifth most populous city in North America? Only one comic shop carries up-to-date TMNT -- at least from what I've found. Other places are just like, "Sorry, we don't carry ... that."
No comic stores in Seattle carry it either. You have to special order it, and you can seldom do it after the fact... you need to set up a pull list in advance, and any comic stores that don't do pull lists for customers probably aren't going to be in business long.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:19 AM   #32
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Could always be worse. I've read some mortifying fan fiction. Involving characters I created.


*shudders*
*washes eyes*
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:37 PM   #33
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
*reads posts*

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

So, what, are they starting to read fanficiton over at Mirage for new ideas? Wow.

Spoiler:
Lemme guess, Radical dies from salmonella poisoning in her extremities? Okay, sorry. This is so sad, it's absolutely hilarious.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
I still haven't read it. To be honest, there's still the possibility I'll get #41, read it, and be blown away by it.

Odds... yeah, odds aren't too good for that from what I hear here, but it's a possibility.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:21 PM   #35
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier
 
StealthNinjaScyther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No comic stores in Seattle carry it either.
You sure? Last time I checked, which was way back during the movie comics, Zanadu Comics in the U district still carried TMNT titles.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther View Post
You sure? Last time I checked, which was way back during the movie comics, Zanadu Comics in the U district still carried TMNT titles.
Oh wait, you're halfway right. Zanadu Comics in the U District did not, but Zanadu Comics right next to the Pike Place did.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #37
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
It would be sad that a mutated humanoid turtle who lives in a sewer hadn't had sex?
Or any character for that matter? I mean, there is more to life than sex. If there were comic characters that never had a romantic interest, I wouldn't mind. Heck, that would probably make the characters a little more relateable for a lot of comic geeks. That includes myself, we know our own.

Anyway, they seem to tell a lot of stories about the future turtles. I picked up that future Raph issue recently, and the future turtles were the new intro in each chapter of that Tales trade.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:25 AM   #38
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I agree. There is MUCH more to life than just sex. Not having sex does not automatically make you asexual. Or a loser. Or dull. Or mean there's something horrendously wrong with you.

I have one asexual character in my stories. And another one who dies at age 13. Since neither one has engaged or will engage in sexual relations, does that make them bad characters in any way? Absolutely not.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:26 AM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
I agree. There is MUCH more to life than just sex. Not having sex does not automatically make you asexual. Or a loser. Or dull. Or mean there's something horrendously wrong with you.
You're right. But aren't you the same person that posted that they were furious that April and Casey were just living in sin in TMNT Part Four?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #40
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
I don't like the idea of the Turtles having sexual relationships with Humans, so I won't bother picking up this issue.
Probably skip next months issue as well, that's April and Casey's wedding right?
I'm not buying any more issues with poor art, that is unless the story is particularly good.
I like reading comics with art that inspires me and Tales is hit and miss, and so to will be my purchases.
Some more Ninja action please with added grit, and set in New York!
Is that too much to ask?
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.