The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #61
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Definitely 4Kids. I'm guessing this fake blog is part of their "strategery."
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #62
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
The viral marketing plan that was supposedly "sunk" was 4Kids'? I assumed it was Playmates'...
No playmates really didn't even care enither did NECA but they (mirage) have put a muzzle on Murphy anyway.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #63
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
I thought they said in Murph's blog that NECA wasn't happy about the leaks of the prototypes and such..?
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #64
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
I thought they said in Murph's blog that NECA wasn't happy about the leaks of the prototypes and such..?
Yeah, because they made a deal with a smaller toy collector publication (than the more mainstream ToyFare) to reveal all the details, all the while as a last ditch effort to have people buy a print medium comprised of mostly old protos everyone has seen before.



I will say, I'm kind of offended no one from NECA has decided to post here and comment on the toys themselves, while taking fan suggestions.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #65
tortugapower
Foot Soldier
 
tortugapower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 129
After reading through his blog... I dunno it seems like they (4kids at least not sure about Imagi/Neca) wanted to restrict the timing of when images and details appeared rather than whether or not they appeared at all. (If neca had made a deal with a publisher then certainly that should be honored, whether or not "Print is dead" or not)

4Kids is, for all intents and purposes, is a kids site, so i would think they had no intention of replacing the function of his personal blog. However, don't you think this stuff should be available on the Mirage/4Kids site first rather than one of it's employees personal ad-supported blogs?

Also, I think attacking Mirages business partners so publicly, especially as an employee, seems a little bizarre. How does that benefit TMNT in any way, couldn't the problem have been vetted behind closed doors beforehand. Kind of dirty laundry in public... and no one wins, especially us - all we can so is sit here getting mad about something we don't have any control over.

Oh and as unspectacular as the 4kids blog is at the moment it makes perfect sense to post Lost Episode material now since that is what they are currently airing. At least they are doing SOMETHING. I feel like 4Kids used to treat the turtles like a red headed step child despite it being it's highest rated show.
tortugapower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #66
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortugapower View Post
Also, I think attacking Mirages business partners so publicly, especially as an employee, seems a little bizarre. How does that benefit TMNT in any way, couldn't the problem have been vetted behind closed doors beforehand. Kind of dirty laundry in public... and no one wins, especially us - all we can so is sit here getting mad about something we don't have any control over.
That last line is why I'm staying neutral on the situation. Pointless battle... And, I hope you didn't mean that Mr. Murphy was attacking Mirage's partners. Revealing that they aren't gods isn't attacking. I mirror that particular inclination toward demystification.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #67
WEB4KIDZ
Thug
 
WEB4KIDZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Perim
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortugapower View Post
All the 4kids.tv comments are moderated anyway. Next week when they ask for questions let's see what they answer.
The new 4kids blog is up now with a field for submitting questions
__________________
WEB4KIDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #68
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEB4KIDZ View Post
The new 4kids blog is up now with a field for submitting questions
I saw that. I'm restraining myself to not ask, "Why do you suck so much?"
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:52 AM   #69
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I asked them a question..
"Do you feel happy for stabbing the fan base in the heart by killing murphys blog?"
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:37 AM   #70
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Stabbed through the heart? Given that it's still breathing, I hardly think so.

While it's a pity about the new restrictions on Murphy's Blog, I have to say I'm liking 4kids' quite a bit so far. The artwork is nice, the writing is innoffensive (I'm not hoping anything more, given that I'm not the blog's audience), and I love that they're putting up some music (even though my computer is too slow for me to listen to it properly). Best of all is finally seeing official spellings for some character names, particularly Faraji, who's name I've seen spelled in every possible manner. Now all that's left to see is if they can keep this level of content up, and if the questions they end up answering are good ones.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:00 AM   #71
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
The people that they will get to ask ?'s at the 4kids site will not be as hardcore as some of us here. I think that most people here at the Drome have a lot of knowledge of our green boys. The people that they will get there will not be as educated, if you will, as most are here. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if 4kids plants a few of their own questions based off of our ideas at Murphy's blog. Btw Putre, good question to ask. Maybe we should flood their question box with that exact question lol
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #72
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post
Stabbed through the heart? Given that it's still breathing, I hardly think so.

While it's a pity about the new restrictions on Murphy's Blog, I have to say I'm liking 4kids' quite a bit so far. The artwork is nice, the writing is innoffensive (I'm not hoping anything more, given that I'm not the blog's audience), and I love that they're putting up some music (even though my computer is too slow for me to listen to it properly). Best of all is finally seeing official spellings for some character names, particularly Faraji, who's name I've seen spelled in every possible manner. Now all that's left to see is if they can keep this level of content up, and if the questions they end up answering are good ones.
They made a huge deal about some one who works for mirage who was sharing things with this fan base, then they go and do it and they talk down to people becase they think their entire fan base are children...
Also they are showing crap I myself and I'm sure others have seen before and not on Murphys blog but from other artists who have worked for 4kids.
None of this stuff they are showing is new.
And ok if it's not a stab in the heart it's most def. a stab in the back, it's not like they where even trying before this.
I pretty much think they saw Murphs blog and said to them selves oooo that is a great idea lets tell him to stop and steal the idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
The people that they will get to ask ?'s at the 4kids site will not be as hardcore as some of us here. I think that most people here at the Drome have a lot of knowledge of our green boys. The people that they will get there will not be as educated, if you will, as most are here. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if 4kids plants a few of their own questions based off of our ideas at Murphy's blog. Btw Putre, good question to ask. Maybe we should flood their question box with that exact question lol
It'll prolly be rigged or the questions will be as stupid as the topics from their message board members over there.
Um which turtle be the purple one?
Does Splindert have a gurls friendz?
Why be shredder an alien?
I'm sure that's the kind of lovely fan questions they'll get since they think that's the kind of fans they have..and sadly the message board of there seems that way.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #73
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Dont' forget the classic "bring back B3bop, Rocksteady n Krang!@!12111"
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #74
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
That's great! If anything will convince 4Kids that we're worth pursuing as an audience, it's acting like immature dicks. They're not going to listen and it's not going to make them have a better opinion of us, so why mess with them? The only thing you'll gain is that fleeting sense of satisfaction one gets by acting like a bully.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #75
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post
That's great! If anything will convince 4Kids that we're worth pursuing as an audience, it's acting like immature dicks. They're not going to listen and it's not going to make them have a better opinion of us, so why mess with them? The only thing you'll gain is that fleeting sense of satisfaction one gets by acting like a bully.
Yes they probably are getting allot of satisfaction for acting like bullies over at 4kids.
The point is Big Bad Wolf is that they don't give 2 craps in the first place, they never listend to start with and they will continue to do what they want to until Peter Laird puts his foot down.
Btw trust me what I wrote to them was written properly not as I put it here.
But you know damn well they watch this site, and that my comments are hardly even harsh next to some of the crap said here.
Our anger should show them how much we care reguardless, and mine was said well enough and to the point.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 02-08-2008 at 03:37 PM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #76
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Here is the direct link to the Acolyte Theme MP3, if it's of interest to anyone.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #77
thebrownranger
Stone Warrior
 
thebrownranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 782
Thanks for posting this! It sounds different when you watch the "Lap of the Gods" episode intro
__________________
https://www.instagram.com/allenjac0b/
WANTED:
A.C. Farley Leonardo Bust (bronze & unpainted)
Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo
thebrownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #78
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Thanks, Rose!! ^_^ I didn't even know I should be looking for this.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:42 AM   #79
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I am a member at the 4Kids Forums, and I agree. Most of the topics there can be quite dumb. I just look for relevant topics, which there are few. I will be looking at this new blog and new page just to check it out. If they did this to screw Murphy, then they suck. I think the problem was that they didn't like the fact that Murphy was leaking info about the new season with the animation stuff. Even though he didn't talk about the season itself, they were probably upset that he leaked anything at all. You know how secretive they've been. Remember when there used to be spoilers for episodes at the official site, and then that stopped?
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #80
tilallr1
Foot Soldier
 
tilallr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Great White North
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terror of Death View Post
The Lost Season comes to dvd May 20. http://www.wtwnews.net/news/295/Ton_...nimation_info/
Rumor is the dvd cover looks awesome.
Does anyone know if this have been officially confirmed anywhere? May is coming up fast.
__________________
TIL ALL ARE ONE
tilallr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.