![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Klagenfurt
Posts: 371
|
Hero Turtles Cuts
On a german Website called Schnittberichte.com there are two TMHT Episodes describtion about their cuts:
Season 1 Ep. 1: Turtle Tracks Season 1 Ep. 2: Enter the Shredder Season 3 Ep. 2: Turtles on Trial There are Pics added so even english speaking people can see which scenes got deleted of the original TMNT. Last edited by hudemx; 08-17-2008 at 04:05 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Band of the Hawk
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
|
wow thats pretty interesting. They really went through a trouble to censor out Mike's nunchucks and the word ninja.
__________________
![]() Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him! Cassandra's Revenge ~Tangled the Series ________________________________ http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/ _______________________________ http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
|
I used to have "Beware the Lotus" that was edited like that...it's kinda funny when they skip the word ninja. They couldn't even call Lotus a ninja, sheesh!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
Dierna Soul, Reporter
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
|
Quote:
Always thought it was funny tho. Nunchucks are bad but a weopon that can skewer you is good??? Ah the paranoia of Europe in the late 80's/early 90's
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
One word: Gangs. Chucks were the weapon of choice by gang members in the late 80's and into the 90's, and as such poor Mikey had to be censored.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Klagenfurt
Posts: 371
|
I just finnished the next cut report for the site, this time on the second episode of season 1 'Enter dthe Shredder' and that epsiode isn'z cut that bad! only the chucks, nothing more!
Hope it will get uploaded soon on the site so i can give you guys the link, if you wish! |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Klagenfurt
Posts: 371
|
Alright, here's the cut report for Enter the Shredder
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Somewhere far away.
Posts: 237
|
This is confusing. Which are the uncut pictures and which are the cut versions of the Hero turtles?
I don't get the comparison, probably because I don't read German. |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Quote:
A few Turtle Tracks scenes must have gotten cut entirely, though. I wonder why they cut the mutagen scene? Very strange! Perhaps, Mikey's nunchuck spinning at the end? That's a pretty crucial plot point, though. Makes me proud to be an American. If nothing, I got to see TMNT in its full, controversial glory!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! Last edited by oldmanwinters; 08-17-2008 at 08:16 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Somewhere far away.
Posts: 237
|
Quote:
:EDIT OF LAST PARAGRAPH: Looked past the TV Fassung/Uncut Fassung on the "Ninja Pizza" section at first because it was thrown in the middle of others that had no categorization. My bad. Last edited by Darth Shredder; 08-17-2008 at 08:59 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
|
Wow... rediculous TV censorship... even we're not that bad. I wonder if they drastically tried to kill any references to Nunchucks in any other shows....
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here] |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Somewhere far away.
Posts: 237
|
Was there even any other kids' show with nunchucks.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vermont, USA
Posts: 721
|
Quote:
I always kind of figured the European bias against 'chucks and ninjas for semi-closeted racism, those being distinctly of asian origin. Even bo staffs and sais are not too dissimilar from many European weapons
__________________
THE DARKNESS AGE IS RETURN!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Quote:
But those cuts sucks, it's Michelangelos weapon. I also hate the "hero" censorship. The turtles are ninjas, and they hide from a society and world that fear the different (except their friends April and Irma). "Hero" would work from season 4, since the turtles were heroes then (after saving the Earth in "the Big" trilogy). I also have a question here to you who lived in the UK back then: Did you already know back then about the ninja and nunchucks? How did they do to edit them in the video games? Were they cut from the Archie comics too? How is the scene in "Turtle Tracks" presented where Splinter tells April about the TMNT and the turtles are seen using their weapons? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: where am I?
Posts: 1,472
|
Quote:
Because I couldn't compare the UK version with the US version back then, I never realised they cut scenes. Also I didn't realise they didn't use Mike's nunchucks. I do remember though that in a lot of images of the turtles (in books and other merchandise items) the turtles where depicted 'wrong': Mike would be holding a bo staff or a sai. This always bugged the heck out of me. It wasn't 'till I visited my father in the US that I noticed that the show was called NINJA turtles instead of HERO turtles. I have both the European and the US versions. In Belgium we also had the Archie comics but in Dutch. It wasn't until I started collecting the US version that I noticed that they left pieced out of the story. But this was probably because they cut the story short so it could fit in one comic then for censureship reasons. I never noticed censureship on Mikey's chucks. I think they left those for the most part in. I don't think the video games where censored, it only said hero instead of ninja. I always played as Mike in the games and he was always able to use his chucks.
__________________
![]() Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Michelangelo
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: where am I?
Posts: 1,472
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Video
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
|
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here] |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
"The Case of the Killer Pizzas" and "New York's Shiniest"
How do they do in "The Case of the Killer Pizzas" when Michelangelo says he will sell his nunchakus the day he can't defeat a washing machine when training? And in "New York's Shiniest" when Michelangelo takes down a lamp with a nunchucku?
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| hero turtles |
|
|