The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which version of April do you think is the hottest?
Mirage 4 1.56%
Reporter / old cartoon 116 45.31%
The first movie 31 12.11%
The second and third movie 17 6.64%
Archie 9 3.52%
New cartoon 79 30.86%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #181
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
How did the turtles react to April doing this to them? Was it a big deal or did they sort of brush it off?
It was treated fairly genericly (the old laws of syndicated animation still applied), so April never went that far again with The Turtles
ZariusTwo is offline  
Old 09-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #182
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
hmm, maybe I'm remembering wrong but I thought the turtles where a little shocked that April was doing what she did, and they confronted her about it.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #183
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
ooh, these sound really cool, I can't wait to see these. How long do I have to wait to see them.

By the way, I know we are all talking about April what what about Irma? Does any one think she's cute? I ask because I just found fan art of her that might change you mind on Irma being a dog:

http://drewgardner.deviantart.com/ar...-Room-62461832
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #184
Nexxorcist
Thug
 
Nexxorcist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 53
im all about the yellow jump suit and an April with actual BOOBS...
Nexxorcist is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 09:06 PM   #185
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
By the way, I know we are all talking about April what what about Irma? Does any one think she's cute?
I liked Irma, honestly. Despite her singing talent, I thought she was pretty decent in her own ri--

Homina, homina, howa... wha... whoa...
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #186
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
This chick can't get a date?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #187
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
This chick can't get a date?
It's 'cause of that damn sweater she was always wearing. Ever notice why Velma got none? Sweater. Same thing with Irma.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #188
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior
 
NameGoesHere1066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: at home LOL
Posts: 957
I always thought Irma was cute she actually had everything to be attractive she just had no style or self awarness. Take off those glasses and let down her hair, and Irma may have given April a run for her money.

And I like that pictire of Irma, I wonder if she has actually a figure as good as that under that long skirt and baggy sweater she always wears. i like how this picture makes her look (in the face and hair at least) like how she she really in the show.

Quote:
Ever notice why Velma got none
who?
__________________
]
NameGoesHere1066 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #189
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
I smell a controversy.

EDIT: The OT screen caps page is bound to have pics of Irma with April in bathing suits on Vacation.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 09:29 PM   #190
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
who?
The brainy chick with the glasses in Scooby Doo?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I smell a controversy.
Yeah, think about it. Both shows had redheads that got all the attention and brunettes with glasses that got none. It's a shame...
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 09:56 PM   #191
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
And both had stoners...*coff*Mikey*coff*
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #192
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
And both had stoners...*coff*Mikey*coff*
Now, now... He did that anti-drug program as part of his community service. He paid his debt.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #193
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW View Post
Now, now... He did that anti-drug program as part of his community service. He paid his debt.
They would have to pick the one Turtle that you wonder if he's on drugs. I mean come on, the surfer lingo...in New York, his "endless appetite for pizza," as Shredder put it. Maybe you're exactly right...it was court ordered.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 12:33 AM   #194
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
They would have to pick the one Turtle that you wonder if he's on drugs. I mean come on, the surfer lingo...in New York, his "endless appetite for pizza," as Shredder put it. Maybe you're exactly right...it was court ordered.
Yeah, but hey, I'd start doin drugs too if it would help me meet the Turtles for real. LOL Even if it was just to nag me to stop using said drugs.

And yeah, I'd so do Irma.
Coola Yagami is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 09:48 PM   #195
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
it's funny I've heard people say that about 80's Mikey but he just doesn't register to me as a "stoner" in fact he doesn't he seem that much of a "surfer" eighther except for a few surfer slang here and there.

Quote:
I mean come on, the surfer lingo...in New York
for the same reason white people act "black" and try to act ghetto or gangsta even though the're clearly not. They're wanna be's, because that culture is considered cool. So I'm guessing 80's Mikey used to watch saurfer movies and copied it because he thought it was cool.
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline  
Old 09-18-2008, 09:54 PM   #196
Leogeddon
Stone Warrior
 
Leogeddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 502
Ok, in my opinion... The old cartoon and the TMNT (2003) cartoon are my favorites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, but hey, I'd start doin drugs too if it would help me meet the Turtles for real. LOL Even if it was just to nag me to stop using said drugs.

And yeah, I'd so do Irma.
Yeah, I would too.
__________________

Click me for group discussion!
Leogeddon is offline  
Old 09-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #197
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
ooh, these sound really cool, I can't wait to see these. How long do I have to wait to see them.
red sky seasons.

Quote:
By the way, I know we are all talking about April what what about Irma? Does any one think she's cute? I ask because I just found fan art of her that might change you mind on Irma being a dog:

http://drewgardner.deviantart.com/ar...-Room-62461832
it looks like they took April's body and put Irma's head on it. I don't think Irma really had a figure like that, other wise why would she hide it under such unflaterring clothes?
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline  
Old 09-19-2008, 02:50 PM   #198
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
it looks like they took April's body and put Irma's head on it. I don't think Irma really had a figure like that, other wise why would she hide it under such unflaterring clothes?
Low self-esteem? Maybe a man wouldn't pay attention to her when she was younger an unflattering due to her voice and/or attitude. Enough years of that and a woman would cover herself in clothing she thinks suits her from people's perspective of her.

Again, look at Velma from Scooby Doo. Check around the net and you'll find a vast collection of drawings with her in provocative ways. She's another character that wasn't the sexual focus in the cartoon. She wore a turtleneck sweater and dress, as well -- probably because while she was growing up, men didn't care for her brains (Pup Named Scooby Doo aside, here).

Hmm... Thinking about it, perhaps that's why Irma was drawn to wear that clothing; maybe as a slight homage to Velma?
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline  
Old 09-19-2008, 02:50 PM   #199
Leogeddon
Stone Warrior
 
Leogeddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
red sky seasons.



it looks like they took April's body and put Irma's head on it. I don't think Irma really had a figure like that, other wise why would she hide it under such unflaterring clothes?
Easy, that's her style, they wanna make her seem as dorkish as possible, as unattractive as they can without going well over board. Do you remember the episode where her super hero costume gained magnetising powers? They show she's got a pretty nice figure, not the only episode either.
__________________

Click me for group discussion!
Leogeddon is offline  
Old 10-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #200
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926


this is actually a pretty cool picture of irma. If this is how good she looks with out the frumpy clothes I wonder what her face would look like on obscured buy the huge wire rim glasses.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
a day inside may, april o'neil, zombie thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.