The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #861
doomiscool
Foot Soldier
 
doomiscool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: A random near-imaginary rock in the Irish Sea
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdsz View Post
That's so funny cause the person is stupid enough to think they could sell it for that XD
doomiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:14 AM   #862
TurtleManiac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KALI
Posts: 1,008
i got Leatherhead MOC on ebay, and when it arrived, i noticed the left eye was never painted on (the right eye was tho). i could'nt notice on the auction tho. is there any price/value change on it for some factory defects like this? does it go up or down?




shux now i gotta get another L.head MOC on ebay...... and hope that its got a PAIR of eyes!!
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #863
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
TMNT Splinter Sh'Okanabo Splinter Drone Custom

I wouldn't be complaining...I also wouldn't bother getting another one.

TMNT Splinter Sh'Okanabo Splinter Drone Custom

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-TMNT-Ninj...3A1%7C294%3A50
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #864
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
How'd you get the nifty spikes?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #865
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-TEENAGE-MUT...3%3A3|294%3A50

............what
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #866
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist
 
Blade Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
How'd you get the nifty spikes?
I have no doubt their Bigfoot's spikes. Belt's Ace Duck too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
That's on eBay again? When will that dude realize no TMNT fan wants that...
__________________
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #867
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
This thread is HILARIOUS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
That's on eBay again? When will that dude realize no TMNT fan wants that...
Actually, I'd buy it for the weirdness/novelty factor... but not for that price. The funny thing is, those MK figures are pretty pricey these days... and this guy ruined his by turning it into something shella freaky.
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #868
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
This thread is HILARIOUS!!!


Actually, I'd buy it for the weirdness/novelty factor... but not for that price. The funny thing is, those MK figures are pretty pricey these days... and this guy ruined his by turning it into something shella freaky.
Totally. I'm kind of sort of thinking of making video game figures my secondary collection, and so I look for some of the old G.I. Joe -style MK and SF characters... they go for gangbusters. I'd hate to see what a larger (Scorpion? Sub-Zero? Smoke? Reptile? Ermac? Rain? Tremor? Noob Saibot?) goes for.

Speaking of which, anybody know which Guile is closest to 2K3 TMNT figure size?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:55 AM   #869
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Speaking of which, anybody know which Guile is closest to 2K3 TMNT figure size?
The SOTA Guile and the Jazwares Guile are pretty much the same size, and they're both in a 6" scale. If you want to use it for a custom, though, I'd probably recommend the Jazwares one -- you can get it really cheap and it's an especially easy figure to dismantle. Given the configuration of the joints, I'm guessing it would also be easier to paint.
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:24 AM   #870
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
The SOTA Guile and the Jazwares Guile are pretty much the same size, and they're both in a 6" scale. If you want to use it for a custom, though, I'd probably recommend the Jazwares one -- you can get it really cheap and it's an especially easy figure to dismantle. Given the configuration of the joints, I'm guessing it would also be easier to paint.
1337. Anybody know if the Revoltech one is around the same size?

EDIT: Green-suit April starting at a penny!
http://cgi.ebay.com/93-Teenage-Mutan...3A1%7C294%3A50
__________________

Last edited by Ninjinister; 02-18-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #871
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
I have no doubt their Bigfoot's spikes. Belt's Ace Duck too.
You are right about the belt, but the spikes I hand-crafted out of model magic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #872
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_CJJ View Post
You are right about the belt, but the spikes I hand-crafted out of model magic.
Kusou. I was hoping you'd gleamed them off of something, and hopefully, something easy to find. I've had Kanabo Don, Mike, Leo, Cody, and Splinter on my "to do list", but haven't been able to get started because I don't know where to get spikes @.@
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #873
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
1337. Anybody know if the Revoltech one is around the same size?
Way smaller -- the Revoltech figures clock in around 4.5 inches.

And Ninjinister, Model Magic is really easy to find!
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #874
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Way smaller -- the Revoltech figures clock in around 4.5 inches.

And Ninjinister, Model Magic is really easy to find!
Gotcha. I think I'll eventually go find a SOTA one (I can't find the Jazwares anywhere on eBay, but then again, I'm not looking to buy one right away).

Never heard of Model Magic... not looking to sculpt anything quite yet, either.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #875
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Gotcha. I think I'll eventually go find a SOTA one (I can't find the Jazwares anywhere on eBay, but then again, I'm not looking to buy one right away).

Never heard of Model Magic... not looking to sculpt anything quite yet, either.
Check Amazon.com for the Jazwares Guile -- that's where I got (one of) mine, as well as a Bison and Sagat. It's going for just over $4 right now. (And hey, free shipping if you spend over $25!) I have a few pics of it here:

http://www.scary-crayon.com/toys/maichunli/page2.php

(Note that Guile seems smaller in many of the pics because a lot of those figures are decidedly not 6" scale.)

Amazon also has Jazwares Sagat on sale -- he's pretty laughable compared to the SOTA one (Jazwares shrank him to fit in the packaging, I guess), but he could probably work for customs. His head pops off easily, and you wouldn't feel bad at all about butchering him.

Crayola Model Magic is readily available at Michael's, if you've got one of them nearby. I haven't tried it, but I did pick up some DAS sculpting clay I have yet to try out.
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #876
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Check Amazon.com for the Jazwares Guile -- that's where I got (one of) mine, as well as a Bison and Sagat. It's going for just over $4 right now. (And hey, free shipping if you spend over $25!) I have a few pics of it here:

http://www.scary-crayon.com/toys/maichunli/page2.php

(Note that Guile seems smaller in many of the pics because a lot of those figures are decidedly not 6" scale.)
This also one? http://cgi.ebay.com/STREET-FIGHTER-G...3%3A3|294%3A50
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #877
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Yup, that's the Jazwares Guile. I wouldn't pay that much for it, though!
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #878
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post

Never heard of Model Magic... not looking to sculpt anything quite yet, either.
You could always just buy mineeeeeee...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #879
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist
 
BoggleKng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
http://cgi.ebay.com/Teenage-Mutant-N...3A1|240%3A1318

A whole bunch of mini sets here.. nice collection..
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie...
BoggleKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #880
TheUltimateShredhead
Stone Warrior
 
TheUltimateShredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 642
just got outbidded on bebop's psycho cycle and shreddermobile
TheUltimateShredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.