The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #1121
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
Well, here's something that we've been talking about a little bit on here, the "Turtlemania" issue, only this one is the 'Silver' edition:

Oh, and I wouldn't have put it on here, because I would want it too, but I know it's going to get too high for me, so I'm putting it on here for all of you.

Turtlemania No. 71/100
I'm actually suspect of that book. The cover looks off to me. It doesn't look silver enough to me. The seller got it from an estate...so he wouldnt know the difference. he even has it listed as a signed white copy. I dunno. I'm not about to discourage you from bidding, but if you do, just don't go so crazy that you'd be upset if it was a fake.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:37 AM   #1122
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Thanks for the info. I was hoping to get some kind of answer before it ended. Since it's even the least bit suspect, I'm not going to bid on it, because even if it's just the #'d/3,000 version, I wouldn't spend that much on it.
DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:16 PM   #1123
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist
 
BoggleKng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
http://cgi.ebay.com/NINJA-TURTLES-CA...%3A2|294%3A200

Pimp my ride style.
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie...
BoggleKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:21 PM   #1124
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
I saw that, and would get it if it didn't have that stupid chain, and if it wasn't over $6.

Also, I finally saw that Ninja Turtle book that has all the TMNT items up to about '92 or so. It's called the TMNT Treasury. A guy has 100 (seriously?) of them on eBay sealed in mint condition, but it's more than I'm wanting to spend. Here's the link to that auction.

Anyone have one for cheap, or can tell me where to get it cheap?
DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #1125
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
If you have a half priced books or used book store in your are you may want to check there as I've seen allot of that book there in the past.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #1126
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
I saw that, and would get it if it didn't have that stupid chain
The chain isnt attached to the head... so you could just not apply it. I picked up two for the new car.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #1127
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
If you have a half priced books or used book store in your are you may want to check there as I've seen allot of that book there in the past.
We don't have a good one. But where could I find it, because Amazon is the only place I've ever seen it. I'm really wanting it, but like I said, not for $13, I don't care if it IS sealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
The chain isnt attached to the head... so you could just not apply it. I picked up two for the new car.
So why is the 'chain' on there then? Is that just another, unrelated sticker, that just happens to be in the picture? But I suppose I could just take an X-acto knife to it. But I still just can't find myself to spend that much on a damn sticker. I've also seen that TMNT old logo on eBay, but it's also too much for me.
DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #1128
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
We don't have a good one. But where could I find it, because Amazon is the only place I've ever seen it. I'm really wanting it, but like I said, not for $13, I don't care if it IS sealed.



So why is the 'chain' on there then? Is that just another, unrelated sticker, that just happens to be in the picture? But I suppose I could just take an X-acto knife to it. But I still just can't find myself to spend that much on a damn sticker. I've also seen that TMNT old logo on eBay, but it's also too much for me.
dude, look at the picture, each chain link is a separate sticker. So just dont put the chain links on and viola!
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #1129
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
That Hip hop Turtle head with the chain is a new design that was first spotted on a new t-shirt.
I think it's stupid but hey I don't really care for hip hop, so what do I know.
I do like turtles though and I'm tired of all the silly stuff.
I'd like some badass shirts with the Turtles fighting Shredder or something.
Or one with tuns of characters would be awesome.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #1130
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
That Hip hop Turtle head with the chain is a new design that was first spotted on a new t-shirt.
I think it's stupid but hey I don't really care for hip hop, so what do I know.
I do like turtles though and I'm tired of all the silly stuff.
I'd like some badass shirts with the Turtles fighting Shredder or something.
Or one with tuns of characters would be awesome.
here here! I like the head itself though, so I'm just going to use it sans the chain.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #1131
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Scalp-tastic
http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Issue-30-V4...3%3A3|294%3A50
http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Issue-30-V4...3%3A3|294%3A50
http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Issue-30-V4...3%3A3|294%3A50
http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Issue-30-V4...3%3A3|294%3A50

I hope no one buys those. Any self respecting turtles fan knows they can get the same deal from the official website.

Looks like they scalp pre-orders too
http://cgi.ebay.com/SDCC-2009-April-...QQcmdZViewItem
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #1132
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

yeah i saw these last week. its ****ing shameful.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #1133
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Yeah I was tempted to buy their trades they have listed until I saw all that stuff spitfire posted.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #1134
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
There was such large interest here in my Coming Out of Their Shells Tour crew jacket that I thought I should point out this one. It's a small though :-/

http://cgi.ebay.com/Teenage-Mutant-N...3A3%7C294%3A50
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #1135
jimmyjams
Hench Mutant
 
jimmyjams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 429
Hot Spot
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280360722072

Supermutant Rocksteady
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280360718309

Greeting Cards
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280360714552
jimmyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:32 PM   #1136
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior
 
Lordmylar06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hurst, TX
Posts: 961
Neca TMNT repainted to look like toon TMNT.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250447398579
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:31 AM   #1137
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
Neca TMNT repainted to look like toon TMNT.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250447398579
Hmmm... it seems they went a little bit further than just painting the bandannas, as their skin tones seem different, too. However, the picture is very small which makes it hard to see any details. I'm not sure it'd be a good idea to pay such a large amount based on such a small photo.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:39 AM   #1138
andrewdsz
Stone Warrior
 
andrewdsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 952
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-RETROMUT...lenotsupported

A SEALED case of ooze?Any one has an idea on how much this box will worth?
andrewdsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:02 AM   #1139
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist
 
BoggleKng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Ninja-Turtl...%3A1|294%3A200

Winged Don, Leo and Warrior Metalhead. $50 a piece
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie...
BoggleKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #1140
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
This went from $86.00 to $750.00 in 3 seconds. Literally.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200351850511

and I thought I overpaid for things. Jesus.
Thought you guys would like to know that i spoke to the seller of this book, and to my suprise, the buyer DID pony up the $750.00 for the book.

Last edited by Archon_Turtle; 06-26-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.