The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #1181
tmntgoldcoin
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 622
I don't disagree with you, but considering how uneducated most people on ebay are when it comes to rare TMNT, if you hunted long enough you could find them at a decent price. Like I mentioned in a previous post, 2-3 years ago these were only selling for around $50-$60 mib on ebay.
tmntgoldcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #1182
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Canadian Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
BA haha. i just love how this guys mark up on international shipping is ridiculousness !!
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #1183
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Ninja-Turtl...3%3A3|294%3A50

sadly the seller only ships to Us and canada, but a bit expensive
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #1184
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
I wonder why Murphy set the opening bid so high? I've seen unopened packs go for much, MUCH less on eBay (though I cannot think of a ratio off the top of my head, I know it's less than $30)
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #1185
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
BA haha. i just love how this guys mark up on international shipping is ridiculousness !!
$41.95 is the flat rate for the USPS mid-size box (outside of canada) so actually he is just covering his bases.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #1186
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Canadian Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
Wow... that sucks... I am sure you can find better methods of shipping for international because I have paid FAR less then that for very large boxes shipping over borders.
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #1187
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
Wow... that sucks... I am sure you can find better methods of shipping for international because I have paid FAR less then that for very large boxes shipping over borders.
Of course you can. That line from the auction is a leftover from when it was a direct copy of Archon's listing, where he was charging the same for international shipping.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #1188
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Of course you can. That line from the auction is a leftover from when it was a direct copy of Archon's listing, where he was charging the same for international shipping.
Indeed it was. So glad you can use the internets!

Quite frankly, my lack of trying to find a better rate was obviously a deterant for international bidders. Hence domestic shipping was also free in my auction. I have, multiple times, expressed my lack of interest in shipping internationally. Feel free to deamonize me for it, but better I give them a rate then to completely deny them a bid right?

Last edited by Archon_Turtle; 07-12-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #1189
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
LIAR!!! You're making a killing on TMNT figure mark-up...ADMIT IT!!!

__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #1190
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
LIAR!!! You're making a killing on TMNT figure mark-up...ADMIT IT!!!

Oh Yes! My Free domestic shipping scam! BWAHAHA!!!!
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:23 AM   #1191
A little *too* Raph
Stone Warrior
 
A little *too* Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
All of them came like that. The turtle whose in the package isn't on the insert the other three are.
oops my bad... i never noticed that... I even have some FF figures on the card *facepalm*
__________________
- "You're a claustrophobic"
- "You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy"
A little *too* Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #1192
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
ok, so i stumbled upon this little gem. is it me or does it seem people are getting dumber on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-KRANGS-ANDR...3A1%7C294%3A50
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:05 AM   #1193
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_25 View Post
ok, so i stumbled upon this little gem. is it me or does it seem people are getting dumber on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-KRANGS-ANDR...3A1%7C294%3A50
There is a dromer right now selling one of those for $350.00, and someones got a bid in on it...so I dunno...
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #1194
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
There is a dromer right now selling one of those for $350.00, and someones got a bid in on it...so I dunno...
it's rediculous, imo to sell one for that outrageous amount. considering i've seen ones on ebay in the same shape for way cheaper, it's foolish to pay in the 3 or 4 hundreds! but if someone's willing enough to then i guess
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #1195
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_25 View Post
but if someone's willing enough to then i guess
Exactly. Something is worth whatever the traffic will bear...so if it bears more one time than another...then so be it.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #1196
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Exactly. Something is worth whatever the traffic will bear...so if it bears more one time than another...then so be it.
yeah i suppose
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #1197
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:SS:US:1123

Tremendously overpriced IMO considering the condition of the suit and the fact that the shell is not authentic... But cool to look at.

This same costume was up on ebay some 3-5 years ago without any buyers.

Last edited by Archon_Turtle; 07-15-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #1198
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Canadian Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
The most interesting thing about it is the booklet of photos. I have no doubt this will sell. But ya stupid over priced. Not to mention I don't know if I believe that head is authentic either. If it is I don't think it was ever used. Stunt heads were glued to a hard Fiberglass head, this one does not look like it is glued to anything and it would probably destroy the latex to remove it from the inner head. That and the bandanna was also to be glued on which in this case it does not look like it was. Ouch... Very hard to find, but not something that was used in filming. The legs and hands might have been though.
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #1199
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
I got a bunch of mini-mutant sets from the 90's yesterday. I got the Raphael castle playset, turtle in a turtle Donatello with a Raphael head, a Tokka Technodrome playset, and a turtle in a turtle Raphael on card.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #1200
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
That's good. I've been looking for one with complete armor.
Aaaand I was outbid by a dollar.

F***.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.