The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #861
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist
 
Blade Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,221
Merdude!
__________________
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #862
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by desslok2000 View Post
Don't buy it.
I won't, but as this is a place for discussion, I'll let it be known that I'm really disappointed in what this game turned out to be. With all the talk of it being "for the fans" it sure seems to do a lot to spite us. For the fanboys may have been a better way of putting it.

Now, your sh*tty, unoriginal reply aside, I'll move on to the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjininininisters
Someone can't see the forest for the trees
Right. Totally relevant. This isn't just a limited Brawl clone with a (sh*tty) Ninja Turtles wrapper on it. I should be looking at the big picture, like how insanely fun and original this game is going to be! The only thing this junk had going for it was that it could have been a nostalgic trip, but as that was pulled out, there's nothing interesting left.

If this wasn't a Ninja Turtles game, none of you would give a sh*t, so shut the f*ck up and stop acting like it's going to be the bees knees.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #863
Desslok
Hench Mutant
 
Desslok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I won't, but as this is a place for discussion, I'll let it be known that I'm really disappointed in what this game turned out to be. With all the talk of it being "for the fans" it sure seems to do a lot to spite us. For the fanboys may have been a better way of putting it.
I didn't mean to seem condescending, but really the best way to tell a company that you don't like their product is to simply not buy it. If this game isn't your thing that's fine. I'll be the first to admit that it is hardly shaping up to be the ultimate TMNT game, but it does look entertaining.
Desslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #864
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
I just really doubt this game is gonna be any fun. Sure, I haven't played it, but from gameplay videos, it keeps looking worse and worse. It's already quite obvious the developers just did this for the lulz, anyway, by throwing in the rabbids. Which is still hilarious.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #865
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I hear ya. It's a cheap knockoff with a faux-TMNT wrapper. It just doesn't seem quite as pathetic as all the cheap knockoffs with faux-TMNT wrappers we've seen in previous years (not talking about just videogames either).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
the bees knees.
I love that phrase... ^_^
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #866
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
It just doesn't seem quite as pathetic as all the cheap knockoffs with faux-TMNT wrappers we've seen in previous years (not talking about just videogames either).
What do you mean, exactly?
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #867
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
If this wasn't a Ninja Turtles game, none of you would give a sh*t, so shut the f*ck up and stop acting like it's going to be the bees knees.
WRONG!

You lose $5000 points and your free spin.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #868
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
You guys don't understand. Peanut is a hardcore gamer, which means we officially can't enjoy the game or get hyped for it anymore. He is a hardcore gamer.


Can a mod close this thread now?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #869
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
What do you mean, exactly?
The first thing to come to mind is the trash they wanted to disquise as TMNT Season 8 for us. Like they were gonna revive the failing 'battling trading card' idea by imprinting TMNT on it... I guess I'm just saying that, as a TMNT fan, I've learned to count my blessings.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #870
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
WRONG!

You lose $5000 points and your free spin.
So did he lose 5000 dollars or 5000 points?
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #871
bedbugjones
Foot Soldier
 
bedbugjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: central city
Posts: 228
or maybe its part of the river
bedbugjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #872
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
So did he lose 5000 dollars or 5000 points?
5000 dollars, 5000 points....they're both worth about the same now days.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #873
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,182
The points don't matter. But it's all about the Benjaminz.
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:59 PM   #874
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo
I love that phrase... ^_^
I've been actively trying to bring back both "Bees knees" and "Cats pajamas" for years now. Doesn't seem to be sticking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo
I guess I'm just saying that, as a TMNT fan, I've learned to count my blessings.
This is something else that's wholly f*cking depressing. We've been stepped on for so long that we're willing to take the most mediocre sh*t and put it up on a pedestal. People actually defend Lawson's artwork! THIS MADNESS HAS TO END!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
WRONG!

You lose $5000 points and your free spin.
I'm not even specifically saying you, because I know you're nuts for fighting games, but in general. You can't deny that fact, friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp
You guys don't understand. Peanut is a hardcore gamer, which means we officially can't enjoy the game or get hyped for it anymore. He is a hardcore gamer.
And you're just being a moron. Who said you couldn't enjoy the damn game? I'm just completely baffled that everyone is swallowing this sh*t so easily, and because you all swallow it, we don't get the game that should have been made. We get the god damn RAVING RABBIDS AS PLAYABLE CHARACTERS!

Wake the f*ck up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
5000 dollars, 5000 points....they're both worth about the same now days.
In some cases, but I'd gladly take $5,000 or 5,000 points any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
The points don't matter. But it's all about the Benjaminz.
This. Corny, self-referential joke aside.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #875
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
This. Corny, self-referential joke aside.
Yeah, because I need all the exposure I can get. I guess a gavel is all you wanted for Christmas.
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #876
deathtojohnny
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 50
I remember when Brawl was coming out and when they revealed Sonic to be in the game and NOT MEGAMAN!?! And just because Mega Man wasn't in it, some idiots on the forums refused to play it.

His loss, Brawl turned out to be a great game. The only thing that sucks are those fans get disappointed because their favorite obscure character didn't make it in and they just like to complain. They sucks big-time.
deathtojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #877
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benvenuto View Post
Yeah, because I need all the exposure I can get. I guess a gavel is all you wanted for Christmas.
A copy of Dr. Mario, actually, but you were close. Still never got that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy
I remember when Brawl was coming out and when they revealed Sonic some idiots were refusing to play it "because it looks like it sucks."

Brawl turned out to be a great game. The only thing that sucks are those fans get disappointed because their favorite obscure character didn't make it in and they just like to complain. They sucks big-time.
Yeah, because sane individuals totally thought Brawl would be sh*t thanks to Sonic. It wasn't a small, but vocal, group of people who were trapped in the mid-90's. Did you have a point?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #878
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
A copy of Dr. Mario, actually, but you were close. Still never got that game.
So how long was the sentence you gave?

And Sonic's awesome in Brawl.
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #879
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Drop the judge thing. If anything, you are Uncle f*cking Phil.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #880
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Drop the judge thing. If anything, you are Uncle f*cking Phil.
And if anything, you're Hilary f*cking Banks.
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.