The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #881
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
*sigh* I wish.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #882
TurtleGuy
Foot Soldier
 
TurtleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 231
Ooh! Ooh! Can I be Carlton F*cking Banks?
TurtleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #883
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
Go back to the gamefaqs forums, why do you keep trolling here?

You are not posting your opinion you post blatant flame bait with a prickish elitist attitude. Seriously get off your high horse or post at gamefaqs were you'll find others like you.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #884
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,182
How'd you know he's from GameFaqs?
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #885
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
I'm pretty sure he's been a member of these forums longer than any other site. And any of us, actually.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #886
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Go back to the gamefaqs forums, why do you keep trolling here?

You are not posting your opinion you post blatant flame bait with a prickish elitist attitude. Seriously get off your high horse or post at gamefaqs were you'll find others like you.
Yeah, I'm trolling because I think this game looks like sh*t, and I'm an elitist prick because of it. Shut the f*ck up. Just because you like the taste of every piece of mediocre Ninja Turtles related dick shoved in your mouth doesn't mean everyone else does.

And flame baiting is posting with the intent of getting other people to rise. I don't post with that intention, I post with the intention of saying whatever I'm feeling, however I'm feeling it. If you don't like it, too God damn bad.

Edit: And again, I'm not saying you can't enjoy the game. Go ahead and do so, it doesn't bother me. Just don't praise the sh*t out of it like every new piece of TMNT media that comes out. Everyone slobbered all over the new movie, and look how that crap turned out. We can't just keep accepting run-of-the-mill junk if we truly want what we deserve as a fan base.

My interest in this game was solely about the nostalgia. I wanted a game where I could sit with my (non-TMNT loving) friends, and have conversations about how awesome things used to be, even throw in some hardcore stuff for those of us who even know who the God damned Fugitoid is. We didn't get either of those. It's neither a loving look back at the various incarnations of the TMNT, nor is it pure fan service for those of us who've kept a love for the series in our hearts. And I don't know about you guys, but that's super disappointing to me.

And just because my pants aren't bulging at the prospect of SSBB-lite, minus the interesting characters and ridiculous amount of nostalgic bliss, doesn't mean I'm a troll.

Last edited by Peanut; 07-22-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #887
Lil G
Stone Warrior
 
Lil G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In west philadelphia born and raised...
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Yeah, I'm trolling because I think this game looks like sh*t, and I'm an elitist prick because of it. Shut the f*ck up. Just because you like the taste of every piece of mediocre Ninja Turtles related dick shoved in your mouth doesn't mean everyone else does.

And flame baiting is posting with the intent of getting other people to rise. I don't post with that intention, I post with the intention of saying whatever I'm feeling, however I'm feeling it. If you don't like it, too God damn bad.

Edit: And again, I'm not saying you can't enjoy the game. Go ahead and do so, it doesn't bother me. Just don't praise the sh*t out of it like every new piece of TMNT media that comes out. Everyone slobbered all over the new movie, and look how that crap turned out. We can't just keep accepting run-of-the-mill junk if we truly want what we deserve as a fan base.

My interest in this game was solely about the nostalgia. I wanted a game where I could sit with my (non-TMNT loving) friends, and have conversations about how awesome things used to be, even throw in some hardcore stuff for those of us who even know who the God damned Fugitoid is. We didn't get either of those. It's neither a loving look back at the various incarnations of the TMNT, nor is it pure fan service for those of us who've kept a love for the series in our hearts. And I don't know about you guys, but that's super disappointing to me.

And just because my pants aren't bulging at the prospect of SSBB-lite, minus the interesting characters and ridiculous amount of nostalgic bliss, doesn't mean I'm a troll.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnn!!!!
Lil G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #888
deathtojohnny
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benvenuto View Post
And if anything, you're Hilary f*cking Banks.
Nah, he's the guy that never gets laid.
deathtojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #889
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,182
You must've bought a jacket with a target in the back, because you're just ASKIN' for it. Not too wise.
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #890
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
So, I've actually been pondering on this for a day or two... how the play style of certain potential characters would be. Going back to what that guy in the video said, they're trying to choose characters that have different play styles. Now think of characters that would likely play different from others, no matter how obscure. I'm just picking a few off of the top of my head....

Leatherhead (Pseudo-confirmed, but he counts)
I imagine him playing a lot like Bowser in Smash Bros., but of course, without the innate flame breath ability. A lot of biting and clawing attacks, maybe a grapple, and Hell, give him a tail whap instead of a kick.

Rocksteady
Despite Krang being "upgraded", I still can't see any reason why at least he and Bebop couldn't show up, with the Technodrome being in the game and all. Ol' Rocky would likely have his machine gun (or maybe his spear gun from Manhattan Project, but unlikely), and probably his combat knife for close-up attacks. He could also bash people with his gun ala Mr. X. And of course, the charge attack that's been the staple of his fighting style in the cartoon, comic, and games would be there.

Bebop
He'd need a different weapon to stand out from his buddy. But what? A laser? The drill from his action figure? The ball & chain from his Wacky Action figure and Manhattan Project? Either way, he'd likely rock his weapon as much as Rocksteady, and have the charge just like Rocksteady... after all, he's used it just as much.

Hun
Like his other playable appearances (the 2003 game, Mutant Melee), he'd be a slow powerhouse with some heavy-duty punches and grapple attacks. Although he's been known to use the charge move like R & B, we don't need a Landmaster situation here.

Stockman
I really think they'd use the robot version here due to the way the game is progressing, but with Utrominator and Fugitoid already in the cast, that may be Too Many Bots on the Dance Floor. I guess they could give him some sort of moves to make him different, but what? His most common robot body type (the one given to him in New Blood and the similar one in Back to the Sewer) didn't really seem made for combat. His big-ass one from Return to New York, however, would probably work, with its multiple weapon types, but they'd have to shrink it down immensely.

If they did use Knat Man Stockman (which I wouldn't be entirely opposed to), he'd of course wield his Turtle Swatter. He'd also likely have the ability to take to the skies, probably with a dive bomb attack from the air. For long-distance attacks he could use his Turtlepaper Hand attack from Turtles in Time.

Both versions have the potential to use Mousers in their attacks somehow.

Rahzar
Ooh, Rahzar'd be a tough one. In his previous video game appearances, they've given him the ability to spite either fire or ice. Neither one would really work here, especially since it's been confirmed that there's a fire power-up... then again, that never stopped Bowser and Charizard, who had attacks slightly similar to the Fire Flower. Either way, he'd likely also have some clawing and biting attacks (but different ones so he wouldn't play too much like Leatherhead), and maybe his bone club from his action figure.

Tokka
Tokka had a shield in Manhattan Project, ice spitting in Turtles in Time, and a knife as his main weapon for the figure. Like Rahzar, I think it would be able to pinpoint his prime fighting method... but I'll have to go with the shield. It's unique enough in this stable; he could block attacks with it that give the opponent a brief stun like in TMNT3, he could bash them with it, and maybe even give it the old Captain America toss. He could also have his head bite move that he's been seen with previously (Turtles in Time, I think), and maybe a shell spin move.

Triceraton
Like the generic Foot Ninja and Utrominator, a standard Triceraton could suffice (if you had to, you could call him Zog ). Tail attacks and lasers would be the order of the day, and for a special move he could float for a second in one of those sky harnesses.

Traximus
Unlike his generic brethren, Traximus would be more prone to strong physical attacks and grapples - think a slightly different Hun with a tail. If they had to, they could give him the axe weapon.

Mutagen Man
Yeah, I know, in comparison to the ones above, he's kind of left field. His standard fighting would likely involve his gun and spilling something out of his head ala the Saibamen's Acid in DBZ, but the real meat and potatoes would revolve around his Shang Tsung-like ability to transform into other fighters - providing they could get it to work, that is (Midway, to this day, swears it's impossible to do on a CD/DVD/BluRay medium).
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #891
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut(abridged)
Turtle Fans deserve better!
Wow, P'nut that's about the most Turtle Fan-esque post I think I've read coming from you.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #892
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
stuff
lol.


Well its not just based on this thread, you are always like this, excessive negativity, you are always attacking and using way too much profanity. Seriously grow up, you are obviously not new to the internet or message boards why do you act so immature?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #893
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
I actually think the game looks really good and that each new video makes it look better. I guess Peanut and I just have different tastes.

I haven't bought a TMNT game since the NES. And I'm actually really excited about this game. It looks like it will be the best TMNT game in years.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:18 AM   #894
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtojohnny View Post
Nah, he's the guy that never gets laid.
Who the hell are you and why do you want Johnny dead?


Sidenote: OH NO! Someone doesn't like a new TMNT product! He's attacking our beliefs! Get a goddamn coat if you can't stand the cold. From the videos I have seen, the game looks like ass. IMHO.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@

Last edited by The Stryker; 07-23-2009 at 12:35 AM.
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:34 AM   #895
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtojohnny View Post
Nah, he's the guy that never gets laid.
I love when people try to use this insult, especially when they don't know who they're talking to. This kind of comment is just as bad as the "I get laid soooooo much!" comment. Insults aren't effective when they're based on assumptions, kiddo. Just a heads up. I'd take more time on this reply, but I honestly don't know who the f*ck you are, and I couldn't care less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp
lol.

Well its not just based on this thread, you are always like this, excessive negativity, you are always attacking and using way too much profanity. Seriously grow up, you are obviously not new to the internet or message boards why do you act so immature?
Insinuations of immaturity coming from someone who replied to some actual f*cking logic with "lol". And OH, Christ, not profanity! It's the way I write. Again, too bad if you don't like it. As for the negativity, it's just what I do. I hate myself and (almost) everyone around me, I'm sorry we all can't live in the land of sunshine and eternal optimism.

Like everyone on this forum who's had a problem with me, you're spewing the same sh*t I've heard a dozen times. And like I've told all those people before, in the end, they end up actually conversing with me, they find out who I really am, and we become friends. This whole act is tired, and to be honest, I've had smarter, funnier, less generic, and much more entertaining people on here do this dance. You're boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Wow, P'nut that's about the most Turtle Fan-esque post I think I've read coming from you.
Well, there would be far more if I didn't tend to stay away from the TMNT sections for exactly this reason. You can't argue with these kinds of fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shelf
I actually think the game looks really good and that each new video makes it look better. I guess Peanut and I just have different tastes.
Which is fine, man. You're as entitled to your opinion as much as I am. I hope you enjoy it.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:44 AM   #896
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I'm sorry we all can't live in the land of sunshine and eternal optimism.
Why does the movie title Eternal Sunshine and the Spotless Mind comes to mind whenever I read this?

Must be a word association thing.
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:40 AM   #897
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Well, there would be far more if I didn't tend to stay away from the TMNT sections for exactly this reason. You can't argue with these kinds of fans.
Well, argue with some of us other Turtle fans. As much as I used to dislike you and your style, it's grown on me.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #898
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Not sure if anyone has considered this, but with the addition of diagonal attacks, weak/strong attacks, wall attacks, and the combo system each character in Smash Up should have more than 2.5 times as many attacks as characters in the Smash Bros series.

SMASH BROS
Ground Attacks:
1 neutral
1 dash
3 tilt
3 smash

Air Attacks:
1 neutral
4 tilt

Special Attacks:
1 neutral
3 tilt

Total: 17 attacks

SMASH UP
Ground Attacks:
1 neutral
1 dash
5 tilt
5 smash

Air Attacks:
1 neutral
8 tilt

Total: 21 weak + 21 strong = 42 attacks

The total above isn't even counting the new wall attack mechanic that Smash Up has because I don't know how complex it is yet; I would guess there is a weak wall attack and strong wall attack, though, bringing the total to 44. Then there is the whole combo system that we still don't know much about yet. If each character has even 6-8 combos then that gives each character 3 times as many moves as Smash Bros had. Then there are throw too.

Food for thought.

Oh, and if I missed any attacks, please let me know; I think I got everything, but it's possible I overlooked some moves.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #899
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Insinuations of immaturity coming from someone who replied to some actual f*cking logic with "lol". And OH, Christ, not profanity! It's the way I write. Again, too bad if you don't like it. As for the negativity, it's just what I do. I hate myself and (almost) everyone around me, I'm sorry we all can't live in the land of sunshine and eternal optimism.
Its the only way to reply to your posts, seriously you act like a really young person or someone who is new to forums. Its hard to take you seriously, you might as well type in all caps or lIkE tHiS.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #900
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Just as an aside to the guys that don't frequent the Turtles sections, if you go through tons of the topics, especially in the toy forum where Playmates gets much hate, there's enough evidence there that we (on a global sense) don't innately love everything TMNT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shelf
-clip-
This is basically what actually excites me most about the game proper, is the fact that they're expanding the fighting engine with mechanics from the more traditional fighting games, such as a proper combo system, throw escapes, and wall attacks. The only thing that bugs me is, there's apparently less unique special moves in comparison to Brawl. There also is no evidence of a "Super Move", ala Final Smash. But you win some, you lose some. It's not enough to deter me, at least until I've already had it in my hands and determined if it's for the better.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.