The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #141
Brodie
Certified Teacher
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bizarro Metropolis
Posts: 6,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
If anyone knows any ways I can watch it please PM me.
Second'd.

Yep.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #142
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
Happy 100 to me!

I would of liked to see more 80s Splinter and both Splinters interact with each other.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #143
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior
 
Sanjuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 598
Did anyone catch a Poochie cameo in the film?

Edit: Oops! I mean Carter.
Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #144
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinefra View Post
The movie could have been WAY better if they hadn´t ridiculise the 80´s tmnt to that level, they where nothing like the ones we saw as kids, those writers totally ****ed up with things that where sacred for a kid who grew up with the classic toons.

The turtles where like Mikey but 10 times more dumber and the fact that Raphael kept making fun at them all the time really pissed me off.

To be fare it was sort of fun but the fact that they didn't try to represent the real personality of the classics really ****ed things for me, and the worst thing I could´t stand is the fact that they where crying in the last part, the 80´s turtles never cried like that it was totally ridiculous. I´ts like they where trying to say that the 80´s version where for babies.

I still think the 2002 are better but this movie went to far.
I'm going to have to disagree. I'm not going to be begrudging about it, but I will state for fact that, while a little over the top at times, they were exactly like the OT was.

Seasons 1 - 2 were a little more serious, with 2 getting a little bit more whacky as time goes on, but season 3 just starts going off the deep end with the stupidity at times. (This is my own opinion from watching the toon after becoming an adult.)

I absolutely LOVE the first season with all the fiery passion a TMNT fan should. It was amazing, but the later seasons up until Red Sky were just too over-the-top.

However, yes, certain things they beat down consistantly (like the noogies), but for the most part, everything was spot on.

Also: Rose - I'm not going to bog you down right away. When you get a moment to answer, you can let me know.

ADDED:

Did anyone else but me notice the reaction the 88 Turtles gave the 03 ones when they ran towards Splinter yelling, "Father!"?

I read a review online that was on the mark by saying the 88 toon treated Splinter just like their Sensei. The 03 toon, much like the comics, had Splinter being represented as their Father, Mentor and Teacher.
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1

Last edited by TheShowstoppa; 11-21-2009 at 02:34 PM.
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:45 PM   #145
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
So anyone going to put this up on youtube?
I hope so. I had to work today while it aired so I tried to tape it. And while the taping was in progress, my stupid VCR just stopped recording it for no reason. What a time for this to happen! I waited 5 long months to see this and now it seems all I'm ever gonna do is wait and wait and wait...
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #146
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Just got my commercial killing done. Seems there's almost ten minutes less action in this than what was seen at San Diego.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #147
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Just got my commercial killing done. Seems there's almost ten minutes less action in this than what was seen at San Diego.
Yep. Although I didn't see it at Comic Con, I did listen to Rose's recording. So, while watching this, I noticed several scenes were cut out. Some of them were kind of important to the plot, too, in my opinion.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #148
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,194
I noticed that even some of the stuff they used in promos/commercials was cut from the flick.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #149
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
Man, this was a great movie!!!

Here are the screencaps of the Turtleverse's:








__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #150
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
I can't believe they featured both anime into it. That had me in stitches.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #151
GreasyBoi
Foot Soldier
 
GreasyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone-master21 View Post
Man, this was a great movie!!!

Here are the screencaps of the Turtleverse's:








They should have made a part where it takes all of the turtle verses' turtles to beat the shredder. Anyways, that would have been too many voice actors.
They could have put the CGI turtles in there and somehow the live action turtles but . I would like to see the CGI turtles vs. the Live action turtles and the Mirage turtles vs. the Same as it Never was Turtles.
__________________
Prayers for Paul George
GreasyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #152
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,194
Dooney, Talbot, Lawson, Berger, Allen, Mitchroney, LeSean

Wish they would have got Brizuella and Harmon in there

Son of a bitch, they even got the Paper-craft universe lmao
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #153
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Just got my commercial killing done. Seems there's almost ten minutes less action in this than what was seen at San Diego.
I still need to get rid of commercials in my recording. But I'm still having trouble with triming the commercials.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #154
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShowstoppa View Post
Did anyone else but me notice the reaction the 88 Turtles gave the 03 ones when they ran towards Splinter yelling, "Father!"?
Oh really? I must have missed that.

Its true the original turtles never really thought of Splinter as their father, but as their sensei and mentor.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #155
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Well, I'm having trouble with the audio synch in my recording. Keeping at it, though...
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #156
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuro Tsubaki View Post
In the old show Shredder was a coward, despite having martial arts skills. This carries over along with the characteristics of all the villains. Having Rocksteady and Bebop finally do something right in the same nature they do everything wrong was clever.

The 2K crew are all edgier and more violent. Obviously 80's would be intimidated when they hardly hold up to others in their own universe.
Hah or we could place this special right before the old toon red sky series when everyone changes, them meeting the 2k3 and mirage tmnt could be the reason.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #157
mtonline
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 16
so whats the status on the upload?
mtonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #158
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
Just watched it (I DVRed it this morning)... What a great way to end both the original and 2K3 series! Actually, it's kind of the end of an era, isn't it? The last "indie Turtles" project we'll ever see. Chances are Nickelodeon won't do much pandering to the fans... this was a great "love letter" to the fans and the franchise.

Congratulations to everyone involved on a job well done... and thanks from this die-hard 30 year old 20+ year Turtle fan!
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:08 PM   #159
hadoolket
Thug
 
hadoolket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
i'mma post a screenshot of the irma cameo :o
Attached Images
File Type: jpg irmacameo.jpg (19.0 KB, 68 views)
hadoolket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #160
hudemx
Hench Mutant
 
hudemx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Klagenfurt
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
If anyone knows any ways I can watch it please PM me.

Me too, please!
__________________
German TMNT News Blog:
http://ninjaturtlepower.wordpress.com/
hudemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
4kids, episode discussion, fred wolf series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.