The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
Casey Jones fan film

Anyone remember this? I remember hearing about it but don't remember where, I assume it was here in the drome but I can't find any topics about it.

If you think about it Casey Jones is a great idea for a TMNT fanfilm since he is human and easy to re-create unlike having turtle costumes would.

Well just watched the two videos I found for it and they look damn awesome. It is a true fan film and not just some fan project from someone who doesn't know anything about making movies. The editing is great, the shots are great and the costumes are nice, they actually have a budget for this, albeit a small one but this level of production is not just some crappy "fan film".

To my surprise they actually do have at least one turtle in the movie and I was surprised by how well it actually is. Some of you may criticize it but I doubt any other "fan film" could do better, it looks a bit tall/human like and in close up shots it doesn't look as great but if they aren't close up shots it looks really good and the suit actually allows for mobility which is a huge plus, it already moves better than any live action turtle.

Anyways I'm pretty excited about this movie, it already looks greaty, hopefully its released sometime this year.


Casey and Mikey vs the Foot
http://vimeo.com/3996040

Casey Jones Preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-UbqLOLwuE

edit: Be sure to digg it http://digg.com/movies/AWESOME_Casey...urtles_Fanfilm

Last edited by sdp; 03-03-2010 at 04:58 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
look freakin sweet, but mikey instead of raph? guess they chose him to have some humor in it
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
This is pretty cool. Thanks for the share.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,474
If this is the same project I'm thinking of, it looks like they have a flickr photostream of the film too:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ioda006/
Specifically pages 7-10.

Good to see this one coming along. It looks great! Still, Casey seems to be really crazy in this portrayal. I think he belongs in a nice, quiet room in an asylum in upstate New York.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-03-2010 at 09:55 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #5
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Dude that trailer is epic as f***.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
Both videos can be found here on his own page:
http://vimeo.com/6323193

I sure hope this gets a full release indeed. Looks like a great prequel!
Or to stay in the Xmen titles

TMNT Origins: Casey Jones
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Awesome! Thanks for share !! I like most the second video....
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
That was pretty fantastic. The shots in the alley look awesome. Do want to see more!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Thats was EPIC!
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
Brodie
Certified Teacher
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bizarro Metropolis
Posts: 6,495
Pretty awesome.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #11
the fixer
Hench Mutant
 
the fixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BELGIUM
Posts: 395
That trailer was awesome...
I especially liked this shot:





That really is teaser poster material!

"If injury has a name, it must be Casey Jones!"
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
look freakin sweet, but mikey instead of raph? guess they chose him to have some humor in it
Because Raphael is devoid of any kind of sense of humor?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #13
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Pretty damn cool, I like all the Casey stuff for sure.
I don't care much for the choice of music being used or the turtle.
It'd be cool just to see a movie about Casey by himself.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #14
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Because Raphael is devoid of any kind of sense of humor?
Because Casey Jones is devoid of any sense of humor?
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #15
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Wow...
I would watch the HELL out of that.

My only possibly criticisms involve their choice of music, and the silliness of the turtle costume.

The former because...all I could think of were the scenes from the movie where they originally played, and the latter because...well...it is a silly turtle costume.

The actor for Casey though, wow is he dead to rights.
I love the idea of shifting the focus of the story away from the turtles and towards Casey.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #16
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
This is actually ... really impressive.

They lose nerd points for the lack of Raphael and the orange mask on Michelangelo though. But otherwise, holy hell. Someone was motivated (and had some cash to throw around, by the looks of it).

And c'mon, that Turtle costume is still outstanding for a home-made effort.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #17
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,474
Maybe they choose Mikey because the actor in the turtle suit had skills with nunchucks instead of sais?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #18
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Both videos can be found here on his own page:
http://vimeo.com/6323193

I sure hope this gets a full release indeed. Looks like a great prequel!
Or to stay in the Xmen titles

TMNT Origins: Casey Jones
Dude I thought of the same exact thing a few days ago!

But this fan film looks great in the action but the turtle looks really cheap. It has a great concept and I would love to see a real high budget film about Casey Jones.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #19
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
Yeah me too! Back in the day when TMNT (2007) was released I had good contact with Kevin Munroe, and when there was still talk of a sequel, he also told me he was very interested in a Casey Jones origin Story, but in Live action. You can read about it in the interview I had with him!
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #20
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
But this fan film looks great in the action but the turtle looks really cheap. It has a great concept and I would love to see a real high budget film about Casey Jones.
I really ... wouldn't.

He works in the Turtles when he's a vigilante parody (in the first few issues) and as a normal dude in later issues to contrast against the weirdness. But I can't imagine an uber-serious take on his origin being anything other than really boring or really silly. Probably a mixture of both.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
casey jones, fan film


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.