The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #21
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Could the LH clone story line happen after the Image series? I haven't read the Image run in awhile, but I can't remember anything that would contradict it other than the lack of mentioning the happenings from Image.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
In Image, Leatherhead was still trying to fix the transmat to meet the Utroms, (as he was doing in Vol. 1 when it was destroyed), yet in Tales a sect of evil Utroms kidnaps Leatherhead and makes clones of him.

At the end of that arc in Tales, Leatherhead realizes his home is on Earth and tells the "good" Utroms to take him home. So therefore Leatherhead would have no reason to be building the transmat still, because of the aftermath of what happened.

I think the Image issue HAS to take place after #45 but before the Tales sequels, or else it doesn't make sense. Leatherhead gave up wanting to live with the Utroms in Tales.

So any thoughts on this?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
At the end of that arc in Tales, Leatherhead realizes his home is on Earth and tells the "good" Utroms to take him home. So therefore Leatherhead would have no reason to be building the transmat still, because of the aftermath of what happened.
Simple. He forgot about his realization.

And don't worry, Leatherhead's appearance in the Image finale makes nods to this and nods to the Tales appearances.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #24
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Yeah, Leatherhead's personality and state of mental health aren't exactly a reliable thing.

I mean, just look at Volume 4. In "Adventures in Bunnysitting" (which takes place in the 6 month gap), he's in his "doctor" persona, helping the Utroms with their science projects and all that.

Fast forward a few weeks and BAM, he's living in the sewers, living off of stolen meat and mindlessly fighting Gameraph.

Leatherhead's mind is always in a state of chaos, so I'd take anything he "remembers" with a grain of salt.



Though there IS the issue of his appearances in "World's Deadliest" and "Monster Island", which I placed before Image Volume 3. I suppose they could take place afterward since (at least so far as I recall) there isn't anything really forcing them into a specific spot.

Any thoughts on that? (this is more of a Timeline question, I know, but I take the advice where I can get it)
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Not to mention at Splinter's funeral, Leatherhead was in the swamp observing from afar, rather than standing there like a normal person with everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
And don't worry, Leatherhead's appearance in the Image finale makes nods to this and nods to the Tales appearances.
That's good. I imagine Gary and the other guys at Image haven't been following TMNT comics since the 2000's and thus have no idea what's going on in Volume 4 or Tales.

It's good that there is someone who knows the TMNT history and can bring these guys up to speed, especially if we want Image to fit back in nicely with Mirage continuity in between Vol. 2 and 4, as well as taking the Tales issues into account.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #26
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Though there IS the issue of his appearances in "World's Deadliest" and "Monster Island", which I placed before Image Volume 3. I suppose they could take place afterward since (at least so far as I recall) there isn't anything really forcing them into a specific spot.

Any thoughts on that? (this is more of a Timeline question, I know, but I take the advice where I can get it)
I think those two stories would fit better after Image. While they work nicely where they are, maybe the reason Marlin was inspired to get his little "hunt" together was the fact that there was all that commotion on TV about crocs in the sewer. And the Mirage "Volume 3" era is begging for more stories.

Of course... this all depends on how the final 2-4 issues of Image play out.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 03-10-2010 at 08:16 AM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #27
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I think those two stories would fit better after Image. While they work nicely where they are, maybe the reason Marlin was inspired to get his little "hunt" together was the fact that there was all that commotion on TV about crocs in the sewer. And the Mirage "Volume 3" era is begging for more stories.

Of course... this all depends on how the final 2-4 issues of Image play out.
I moved em to the "Mirage 'Volume 3' (cont)" era on the list. I think they work better there from a narrative stand-point, too, rather than immediately after Berger's "Leatherhead Trilogy". Otherwise, the Turtles kinda went a reaallly long time without seeing Leatherhead.

But yeah, the final placement does sorta depend on how the Image conclusion plays out, I guess.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #28
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,193
In "World's Deadliest" Mike says "I remember you now" when he sees the guy who saved them in Tales volume 1. To me, this indicates that it's been a couple of years as opposed to months as you had it before.

Also, Leatherhead gets his accelerated healing rate in "Monster Island"... I'm not sure what kind of case that makes, but it is a reference point of some sort.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Also, Leatherhead gets his accelerated healing rate in "Monster Island"... I'm not sure what kind of case that makes, but it is a reference point of some sort.
Perhaps it could explain how his eye healed post-Image.

Quote:
But yeah, the final placement does sorta depend on how the Image conclusion plays out, I guess.
Doesn't matter about the "Monster Island" stuff. None of that is referenced or alluded to.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #30
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Good to know. And I forgot he was missing an eye still in Image (though it had healed by the Tales issues of the "Leatherhead Trilogy").

So then cool. It can stay in the Mirage "Volume 3" Era.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Also, I've forgotten, what happened to Dr. X at the end of Image? As I recall the last time we saw him, he was playing chess with Splinter in the lair.

Also, what was he doing in that one Tales issue he was in? Was he still in the lair? I gotta re-read some of these old issues as I've forgotten.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Also, I've forgotten, what happened to Dr. X at the end of Image? As I recall the last time we saw him, he was playing chess with Splinter in the lair.
Yeah. She (yes, the gender thing gets a nod) stayed to hang with the Turtles and Splinter while Leatherhead was transmatted to parts unknown.

Quote:
Also, what was he doing in that one Tales issue he was in? Was he still in the lair? I gotta re-read some of these old issues as I've forgotten.
Tales #38? In the TCRI building. That was a prequel comic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Good to know. And I forgot he was missing an eye still in Image (though it had healed by the Tales issues of the "Leatherhead Trilogy").

So then cool. It can stay in the Mirage "Volume 3" Era.
Sounds good to me.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:38 AM   #33
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Also, I've forgotten, what happened to Dr. X at the end of Image? As I recall the last time we saw him, he was playing chess with Splinter in the lair.
What Andrew said. Plus, Don hooker her up with an Utrom exo-suit in #23.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:40 AM   #34
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Hooker her?

Hooked her up? Hooked him up? Is Dr. X a him or a her?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #35
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,193
Lol, that's too funny to edit.

But yeah... Dr. X a girl Utrom.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
But yeah... Dr. X a girl Utrom.
My mind is blown.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #37
PAAATE
Stone Warrior
 
PAAATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
My mind is blown.
Blown by Dr. X?

Now, why would I even go and do that? Stupid!
__________________
I'm a member. I forgot about it, so now I'm a remember.
PAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,384
Dr. XXX, then?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #39
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
I thought Dr. X was a male Utrom that just happened to have a female exosuit at one point...
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #40
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAAATE View Post
Blown by Dr. X?
But the teeth! Those pointy teeth!

Anyway, have the Utroms ever been referenced as even having a gender, outside of this case?

And no points for the "incident involving the Utrom ambassador's wife." (FF)
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.