![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
|
Calling All Fans: Manhunt on a Manga
Well, I'm sure you are all aware of the infamous TMNT OVA anime, and hopefully you've been keeping up with DrSpengler's translation project of Mutant Turtles Gaiden, for which I've been providing scans. He's hoping to start work on the "Super Turtles" series, but unfortunately, I only own issues #2 and #3 of the series. Sadly, the first issue of "Super Turtles" continues to elude us.
Thus, I have finally stooped to desperation and am begging the TMNT fandom for any info or leads they have on this issue. Here's what the little booger looks like: ![]() And here's some critical information I've been able to pull together on this issue. [Japanese] Super Turtles #1 Translated title: "Super Turtles" "Episode: Mystery of the Holy Mutastones" Japanese title: スーパータートルズ 聖なるミュータ石の謎の巻 • Publisher: 角川(主婦の友) (1995/07) [Dengeki Comics, 1995] • ISBN-10: 4073029207 • ISBN-13: 978-4073029205 • Release Date: 1995/07 Here are some Japanese sites in which this issue is available for purchase, unfortunately, none of the sellers will agree to ship these items outside of Japan: Amazon Japan's listing Any help would be forever appreciated!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! Last edited by oldmanwinters; 08-16-2017 at 08:10 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 52
|
http://www.tenso.com/en/landing/
It's a site that will give you an address for sites that ship only to Japan and then they can ship to your address |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
|
Yes, if anyone can help, you shall be thanked and credited with honors. Plus, everyone will get to be able to see this stuff and read it! For free!
Wel, except maybe the people who had to buy it, but I'll translate it all into English for you, so you're totally getting something out of the deal! But yeah, this has been frustrating. Adam's been relaying replies from the Japanese sellers (all in Japanese, of course, so I have to translate nad reply for him) and each and every one of them refuses to ship outside of Japan. It's...frustrating. Very, very frustrating. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 52
|
Right above you
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Muppet labs...HELP!
Posts: 756
|
There are a dozen sites that will proxy ship for you . Rinkya is a decent one. Also, the second entry on Amazon Japan, the one for 622 yen, says in the description it is able to ship International.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
|
Quote:
Back in October, I emailed that seller about international shipping. They wrote back that this item sells only in Japan. Hmm... Maybe they've changed their policy?
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! Last edited by oldmanwinters; 12-02-2009 at 10:23 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Muppet labs...HELP!
Posts: 756
|
Well, I've bought from Amazon Japan before, and I know the characters on that one say international shipping is available. Don't know what to tell you about the contradictions.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
|
Yup, you are right about that listing. I ran a Google-translate on it. Very strange, indeed.
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
|
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
|
I'm working on translating this baby right now!
I'll try and have the first chapter up on my site by the end of next week. Adam now has all three complete volumes of the Super Mutant Turtles manga and I intend to translate and post the entire series. We've been waiting for this volume for a long time; I'm really psyched. |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Great Valley
Posts: 260
|
Wow, I just read through your guys almost year long journey to obtain this book, and all I gotta say is CONGRATS!! Glad you finally found it!
__________________
![]() "He's wrong.. We're NOT wearing costumes." |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
|
DC owned the comics?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
|
Quote:
DC, in this case, stands for Dengeki Comics, one of Japan's major manga producing companies. While there aren't any chapter divisions in the Super Turtles series like there was in the Mutant Turtles Gaiden volume, I'll try to send them to you in quarterly installments, since the book is about 100 pages long. I should be able to get some more pages to you tonight since I'm all hyped up about it. Besides, my scanner works best in a completely dark room.
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
F*CK yeah! Thats awsome. I'll be keepin' a close eye out for the translated scans. Thanks alot dudes.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Big, Bad & Bold
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
|
man i would so like to own those. i don't even care if they're translated
__________________
![]() Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020 TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0 Visit My Wish List: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904 My Collection: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276 |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
A Magic Light Dudette!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
|
Congrats dude!!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 673
|
Awesome! I loved the other issue, the one Spengler posted a while back! Can't wait to see this one translated!
Thank you, oldmanwinters! Additional note: check out this unfinished image. A couple of months ago I started toying with the idea of coloring the other manga issue. Considering it was my first time using that "magic wand" technique, it could have looked worse. Still, pretty amateurish work: |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 673
|
Thank you, oldman!
I'd love to continue, but the truth is that I have so many things to do right now that I'm not sure when I'll be able to continue (I'd start over in any case, the pictured page would be just practice.) So if any other member of the board is interested in coloring the translated mangas, please go ahead! |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
|
Quote:
Anyway, I'll share a few page crops to drum up interest for Spengler's translation: They could make good avatars/sigs if someone wants to color them up! The pre-Super Turtles: ![]() The Neutrino Royal Family: ![]() Life in the sewers: ![]() Memories of messin' with Shredder: ![]() TMNT trying to comprehend their upgraded weaponry:
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! Last edited by oldmanwinters; 08-26-2010 at 04:03 PM. |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|