The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #921
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior
 
John Pannozzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 762
Well, this is a bit odd: looks like there will be an ad for Turtles Forever on the upcoming Blu-ray release of the SpongeBob movie:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5725

Call me crazy, but I think Nick just might be planning something...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Santo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #922
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Well, this is a bit odd: looks like there will be an ad for Turtles Forever on the upcoming Blu-ray release of the SpongeBob movie:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5725

Call me crazy, but I think Nick just might be planning something...
or is it perhaps and old ad for the DVD release?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #923
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Well, this is a bit odd: looks like there will be an ad for Turtles Forever on the upcoming Blu-ray release of the SpongeBob movie:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5725

Call me crazy, but I think Nick just might be planning something...
Well, great... Now, I'm a hafta rent that sucker just to find out what's going on here. Fingers crossed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
or is it perhaps and old ad for the DVD release?
Might be... ya buzzkill... I'll believe it when I see it though.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:04 PM   #924
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Hopefully this is the uncut blu-ray release of Turtles Forever.

PLEASE.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #925
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
So I finally finally saw the DC of this and have to say those 9 minutes they cut out really do add something. I love the fact that Shredder doesn't care if he is destroyed as long as it also means the Turtles are destroyed.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #926
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Well, great... Now, I'm a hafta rent that sucker just to find out what's going on here. Fingers crossed!

Might be... ya buzzkill... I'll believe it when I see it though.
not tryin to be a buzzkill sorry! just happens sometimes

i to am hoping for an uncut Blu-Ray release
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #927
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, an uncut release on Blu-ray and DVD would be nice.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #928
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, an uncut release on Blu-ray and DVD would be nice.
If that uncut release came out on Blu but not DVD... would we have another nerd-rage epidemic? O_o
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #929
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
If that uncut release came out on Blu but not DVD... would we have another nerd-rage epidemic? O_o
Eventually everyone will have blu-ray players.

We're just in a similar transition period as when people still bought VHS tapes instead of DVDs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #930
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,190
I'd say we're in the transitional period where people still buy physical movies instead of downloads. I went download only about a year and half ago and feel so stupid I didn't realize this was the future much sooner before I wasted money on stupid physical media. Stupid Flanders.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #931
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
If that uncut release came out on Blu but not DVD... would we have another nerd-rage epidemic? O_o
lol! maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'd say we're in the transitional period where people still buy physical movies instead of downloads. I went download only about a year and half ago and feel so stupid I didn't realize this was the future much sooner before I wasted money on stupid physical media. Stupid Flanders.
i just feel u don't get the same good quality with downloads as u get withe the physical, which is why i'll never go download only
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #932
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
i just feel u don't get the same good quality with downloads as u get withe the physical, which is why i'll never go download only
Well, you don't get the extras with downloads. That's for dang sure.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #933
Desslok
Hench Mutant
 
Desslok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 393
An uncut "Turtles Forever" Blu-ray would rock! I'd take back every rotten thing I've ever said about Viacom.
__________________

Watch Episodes | Latest Updates | More Fun
Desslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #934
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
An uncut "Turtles Forever" Blu-ray would rock! I'd take back every rotten thing I've ever said about Viacom.
You'll eventually get the same quality the main problem now is bandwidth but once that is gone (and will be gone in the near future) you'll be able to download 1080p instead of 720p in itunes.

Also for extras and what not there is itunes extras or LP or whatever its called for DVD/BR type extras. Extras are really not important to the average person including me, I loved extras until I realized I only ever watched them once and many of them felt like a hassle. I do love (completed) deleted scenes though. But yeah this is also why many movies started lacking in features as years went down, the average consumer did not care at all and just wanted to see the movie/show. Its only a minority of geeks that actually care about the stuff for the most part. Download is the future and DVD isn't going anywhere for a while so it'll be hard for BR to ever really replace DVD as the next format. But I guess this is a bit off topic.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:43 AM   #935
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
You'll eventually get the same quality the main problem now is bandwidth but once that is gone (and will be gone in the near future) you'll be able to download 1080p instead of 720p in itunes.

Also for extras and what not there is itunes extras or LP or whatever its called for DVD/BR type extras. Extras are really not important to the average person including me, I loved extras until I realized I only ever watched them once and many of them felt like a hassle. I do love (completed) deleted scenes though. But yeah this is also why many movies started lacking in features as years went down, the average consumer did not care at all and just wanted to see the movie/show. Its only a minority of geeks that actually care about the stuff for the most part. Download is the future and DVD isn't going anywhere for a while so it'll be hard for BR to ever really replace DVD as the next format. But I guess this is a bit off topic.
well in your opinion of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Well, you don't get the extras with downloads. That's for dang sure.
this is true
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #936
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,206
I didn't read every post of this topic and you might've discussed about this already, but how do you feel about what happened to Hun? Hun is one of my favorite TMNT characters no matter the universe, so I think he returned to human after the incident(s). I can only imagine how much would Hun's and Karai's child RULE! He should be christened as Oroku Saki and since I just realized that Karai JUST MIGHT BE a descendant of the original Oroku Saki, that's why their child would be the first original the true actual human Shredder. But the Turtles wouldn't be teenagers anymore when they fought him...
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #937
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
I didn't read every post of this topic and you might've discussed about this already, but how do you feel about what happened to Hun? Hun is one of my favorite TMNT characters no matter the universe, so I think he returned to human after the incident(s). I can only imagine how much would Hun's and Karai's child RULE! He should be christened as Oroku Saki and since I just realized that Karai JUST MIGHT BE a descendant of the original Oroku Saki, that's why their child would be the first original the true actual human Shredder. But the Turtles wouldn't be teenagers anymore when they fought him...
that would be interesting
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #938
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
I didn't read every post of this topic and you might've discussed about this already, but how do you feel about what happened to Hun? Hun is one of my favorite TMNT characters no matter the universe, so I think he returned to human after the incident(s). I can only imagine how much would Hun's and Karai's child RULE! He should be christened as Oroku Saki and since I just realized that Karai JUST MIGHT BE a descendant of the original Oroku Saki, that's why their child would be the first original the true actual human Shredder. But the Turtles wouldn't be teenagers anymore when they fought him...
Uuuuh Noooo.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #939
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hopefully this is the uncut blu-ray release of Turtles Forever.

PLEASE.
Yes seriously how do we get Nick to do this. I wish 4Kids would have put this out i know they wanted too but couldn't.

Last edited by k_lala; 01-23-2011 at 09:09 AM.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #940
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
Yes seriously how do we cut Nick to do this. I wish 4Kids would have put this out i know they wanted too but couldn't.
I can't make heads or tails of this post. What exactly are you getting at.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
4kids, episode discussion, fred wolf series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.