The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #81
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,473
Here's my take on Shredder's alter ego, Oroku Saki:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YLCD8WNV

I could always try mixing in some audio enhancement for once he puts on the mask later on.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #82
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
I've never used photoshop (I've got Corel Photo House, but it's nowhere near as functional.), but I could probably help with sound editing. Whatever you need me to do, I'll help where I can.
Maybe I ought to post this as an example of what I've done before:

__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 02-09-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #83
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I'm sure the both of you together could do the audio...that would be great!

winters, for some reason the link to the file isn't working for me. I'll try again later.

I'm sure us voice actors can just, besides recording our lines, also record battle scenes, noises, etc. I plan on actually acting my part (I even have a few bo staffs I'll be utilizing ) so during say, the rooftop battle, I'll be acting like I'm actually fighting. I'll make sure I record takes of just my lines, and then lines w/ battle noises, and then just battle noises. That way, the editors will have a few options concerning my part.

Does that sound good for you editors?

Concerning actual bg music, I really think a combination of the music-only scores from TMNT movie 1 and 3 would do the trick. There's a part in "Shredder's Suite" around 2:36 that is absolutely perfect for the rooftop battle, ala the first movie. "Yoshi's Theme" from movie 3 would, in my opinion, sound good somewhere in there: perhaps when Splinter begins telling his story.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #84
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Sounds like a plan. I'm uploading a test of the 1st 2 pages. My voices are just space fillers.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #85
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,473
It would be pretty cool if we could use the Vol #1, #1 fan recreation project as the basis for the video:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=31131

Though that thing is probably a long way off from completion.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #86
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
This is only a test:


All constructive criticism welcome.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #87
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,473
Nice, Jester!

And you get my vote for Leonardo!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #88
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
dayum.... that's awesome...
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #89
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Mikey Raph and Shredder aren't taken?
I'll try my hand at Shredder Mikey and a Purple Dragon thug, see what works best. I'll try to get that to you over the weekend.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #90
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256


WOW! Jester, that is exactly the direction/vision I think we should take this. Are all in favor? I'm super excited about this. That intro was marvelous. The only criticism I would add is, in my opinion, I don't think we should use the 80s theme. I would rather use a non-vocal piece, preferably of the brooding nature. But wow, great work man. I love it. Nice Leonardo as well! It is an absolute pleasure to be working with you...all of you. So much talent here.

shuriken, feel free to audition asap!

Oldmanwinters, the audition for Shredder worked for me this time around, and I think you'd make an excellent Shred-Head. If all are in favor, and you would like to, it would be an honor to have you play him!

Last edited by Donnie; 02-09-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #91
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
By the way, I'm not sure if this is possible, but is there anyway we could "Sticky" this?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #92
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
Oldmanwinters, the audition for Shredder worked for me this time around, and I think you'd make an excellent Shred-Head. If all are in favor, and you would like to, it would be an honor to have you play him!
That would be great, I would love being the bad guy. It's even better that my character gets killed off in the first issue which makes it into less of a long-term commitment for me!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #93
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
That would be great, I would love being the bad guy. It's even better that my character gets killed off in the first issue which makes it into less of a long-term commitment for me!
Great! So we have a Shredder. Well, hopefully if this is a success we can do more issues, and then you'll be approached to reprise your role for issue #10.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #94
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
I offer my services if you guys need help regarding cutting speech bubbles and drawing what was underneath. The only thing I ask is some room to breathe as I'm sometimes on tight schedules. Other than that, all I need is a high quality scan of the pages you guys would like me to do. I could do a test page if you guys want to see what I can do.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #95
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
I've been trying to do it myself a little bit, but any help would be grand, sent you a link to the comic in a PM.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #96
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior
 
deadpoolRKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I can't wait until i can have a custom user title
Posts: 782
Jester that looks awesome ,


Whoever's doing casting could you put an updated list of what roles have been casted and what roles are available?
__________________

( TMNT Clothes , DVD's , Accesories , ect. )




Red Bubble ( My Tee Shirt Designs )
deadpoolRKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #97
Oniri
Foot Soldier
 
Oniri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I've been trying to do it myself a little bit, but any help would be grand, sent you a link to the comic in a PM.
A little bit! That sample looks awesome! I must say I am impressed by your Leo as well! If you send the link to me as well, I can also do some work/test as well.
__________________

Check out my fanart! http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=31376
Oniri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #98
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
hey I wont be able to commit to this... life and all, cant wait to see finished product.
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by azrael; 08-12-2011 at 10:16 PM.
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #99
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael View Post
hey I wont be able to commit to this... life and all, cant wait to see finished product.
Doh! Seems like TMNT fan projects always take a major hit before they get off the ground...

So who's in charge of this circus at this point?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #100
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Doh! Seems like TMNT fan projects always take a major hit before they get off the ground...

So who's in charge of this circus at this point?
Sorry to see you go, az. I'm not sure if we ever had any one person in charge, but I'll take responsibility for this circus!

It's great to see that we have 3 talented people working with editing and putting this together...to me this step and this process is the core of the project - the bones of it all!

Concerning the cast, here's what we have:

Leonardo - Open (If anyone really wants Leo, feel free to audition! If not, I would absolutely offer the gig to Jester, who gave us an awesome Leonardo with his sample, although that might be too much for him since he is already doing a lot of editing...we'll see what happens!)

Raphael - The Ninjinister

Donatello - Yours truly.

Michelangelo - Open

Splinter - Raph

Shredder/Saki - oldmanwinters

Purple Dragon/Business Men: Open (a ton of interest in them, so they won't be hard to fill.)

Nagi: Open

Yoshi: Open

Baby Turtle: Open

So there you have it. We still have three main roles that need to be filled!

Ninji --- are you still interested in Raphael?

Last edited by Donnie; 02-10-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Casting
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fan motion comic, fan project, volume 1 issue 1


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.