The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #321
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Congratulations to all of you who received a pizza! It must have been super exciting, especially because the turtles have been laying low for a little while now. The T-shirts are awesome too. I agree with whoever claimed that the designs resembled Kevin Eastman's, a little bit!
Agreed, the designs are VERY old school. LOVE IT!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #322
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Anyone happen to remember which OT episode (I think it's season 4) has three of the Turtles facepalming...cause I'd love that image
Here you go and the episode is "The Foot Soldiers Are Revolting":

__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #323
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone-master21 View Post
Here you go and the episode is "The Foot Soldiers Are Revolting":

You are the man!!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #324
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
Bugger...

Got rick rolled again

===HERO
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #325
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Sorry Hero!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #326
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
I know a lot of you figured this out, but just to put it out there the pizza boxes were part of an invitation from Nickelodeon to come visit them and get a sneak peak at what they're working on. I think there were 10 or so of us. The event was today and I actually just left. We saw a lot of great stuff, some we can't talk about and some we can. Overall I liked what we saw. They gave us a USB drive full of stuff for the purpose of sharing that I'll go through when I get home (I'm not even sure what's on it yet). I have to say I'm a whole lot more excited for this now than I thought I was going to be.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #327
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I know a lot of you figured this out, but just to put it out there the pizza boxes were part of an invitation from Nickelodeon to come visit them and get a sneak peak at what they're working on. I think there were 10 or so of us. The event was today and I actually just left. We saw a lot of great stuff, some we can't talk about and some we can. Overall I liked what we saw. They gave us a USB drive full of stuff for the purpose of sharing that I'll go through when I get home (I'm not even sure what's on it yet). I have to say I'm a whole lot more excited for this now than I thought I was going to be.
Cool! Can't wait to see what you've got to share! Tell us whatever you can... how "finished" was the stuff you saw? See any polished character designs? What about supporting characters - April? Casey? Krang??
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #328
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
The t-shirt is so nice!

Come on guys, tell us everything!
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #329
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
herpderpnevermind


Last edited by Kendamu; 03-30-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #330
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Some images were just posted on GoGreenMachine's facebook.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #331
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
So are they gonna have pupils then? And, maybe it's just me, but in the CGI Leo looks really tall, right?
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #332
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
By the looks of the 3D Leo model on GoGreenMachine's Facebook, they'll have small pupils. It looks good for the style they're using.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Kendamu; 03-30-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #333
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
It makes sense that they have three toes, since they have three fingers, but I'm not sure if I dig it. But the pupils, I really don't like them.

Anyway, the overall is still ok for me.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #334
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Pretty much all the info any of us will be able to talk about is here:

http://gogreenmachine.org/?p=4111
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #335
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I always thought the two-toed Turtles looked as if their feet were modeled after Tabi boots that are commonly seen with Ninja uniforms. That's why I don't like the three toes as much. However, it's a minor detail that I'm willing to overlook.

If I could see a Turtle in an actual environment from the show I'd have more to say than, "That looks pretty cool."
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #336
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Sorry for multiple posting, but:

"Playmates made a presentation about their new toyline and showed a large cross section of the first wave of figures, vehicles, and playsets."

I dunno if I'm more excited or affraid.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #337
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
3 Toes??? That's kinda weird after over 20 years of 2 toes. But ah well sometimes change is good. You guys were lucky that you gotta meet the VA's!
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #338
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
3 Toes??? That's kinda weird after over 20 years of 2 toes. But ah well sometimes change is good.
Some might say the turtles have had 3 "toes" since the very beginning. I seem to remember Peter Laird saying somewhere that the back part of each turtle's foot is supposed to be another "toe."

Anybody got a source for my memory or did I just dream the whole thing up one night after eating too much Pizza Hut stuffed crust?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #339
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I do really like the "Rock'n'Roll meets Radioactive Waste" look that all this preview material is going for so far. It's my favorite kind of grit!
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #340
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,804
Just curious, did any of you ask them if Nick ever tried to buy the rights of the original series from Fred Wolf/Lionsgate?

It'd be nice to see all 3 series owned by the same company.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.