The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #361
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
I'm glad to hear Joe's opinion since for those not familiar, these type of events are done in the videogame industry all the time, and whether you want to or not you are unconsciously biased since they did pay for your trip and gave you nice food and a hell of a time all on their pocket. So yeah you may have had a great time but it does go to affect your decision of what you actually saw even if you don't mean to.

Based on Joe's post I sense there was a lot you disliked and much of that is not stuff that can be changed based on the direction they are taking, however I am sure they are taking your feedback whatever it was and try to fix the problems you had, they would not retool the whole show because of it though. Thanks for defending turtle fans unless you defended something I actually disliked and I'm sure Nick will take the feedback, thats what the event was for anyways.

I'll have to wait until stuff is actually revealed. so far I've liked what I've seen and I've always been ok with Nickelodeon, I'm also pretty open when it comes to the turtles so I have a feeling I'll probably like it. To me I think Joe just has a certain idea of what the turtles should be like say Andrew NDB and he didn't get that, which is ok everyone likes stuff like that but to me its not different than all the people saying the 2k3 show would suck because there was no krang etc.


Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Wow, Rose, I don't think I've heard you be optimistic about the TMNT's future for years!
Thats not true, she's been fairly optimistic since Viacom bought the turtles, I think most of her issues were with Laird.

Last edited by sdp; 03-30-2011 at 09:41 PM.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #362
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Still wrong, dawg. Dissent.
Oh, now I get what he meaned. Thanqs, homecheeze.
^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
and I'm sure Nick will take the feedback, thats what the event was for anyways.
Really? It wasn't for free publicity and a not-necessarily-deserved positive reaction from the fandom? Where do I get these silly ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
To me I think Joe just has a certain idea of what the turtles should be like say Andrew NDB and he didn't get that
That makes me curious as to what Joe's TMNT is like. I hope it's way better than Andrew's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Thats not true, she's been fairly optimistic since Viacom bought the turtles, I think most of her issues were with Laird.
You may be the only one who saw it that way.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #363
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Joe-

I know you can't say too much about the Nick show so let me ask you what your opinions are of other TMNT shows. What did you think of 2K3 or the original toon, the first film and the 2007 movie??

Because if I can get a general idea of what you think about those things I think I will get a better idea of if our feelings are similar about the property or not??
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:23 PM   #364
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Aside from the animation looking videogame-ish, I don't see what Nick could have done that is so horrible.

Added blades to Mike/Don's weapons? No biggie. They have 3 toes now? Who really cares.

Every cartoon made so many changes from the Mirage source material that I can't see what this one did to make it so different. I mean the 4kids series had Shredder as an Utrom for goodness sakes.

As long as its, "action with a little comedy" like they seem to be implying, I don't see the problem.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #365
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reira View Post
Joe-

I know you can't say too much about the Nick show so let me ask you what your opinions are of other TMNT shows. What did you think of 2K3 or the original toon, the first film and the 2007 movie??

Because if I can get a general idea of what you think about those things I think I will get a better idea of if our feelings are similar about the property or not??
you will not understand what they did until u see for yourself. I love the first movie the 2k7 movie was okay and the 2k3 series was okay until it got into fast forward
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #366
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Well, Kyle did say that Nick wasn't afraid to make major changes and make this a completely new version.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:49 PM   #367
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Ok, Joe. What did you think of the 1980's series?

EDIT: So who were the voices of Mikey and Raph?

And if you can't say who was...who weren't the voices of Mikey and Raph?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #368
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Thats not true, she's been fairly optimistic since Viacom bought the turtles, I think most of her issues were with Laird.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
And if you can't say who was...who weren't the voices of Mikey and Raph?
Not Townsend Coleman and not Rob Paulsen. (if not for the fact that I got their autographs, I possibly wouldn't remember)
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #369
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
This.
Let me revise my claim:
"Rose, I don't think I've heard you be so optimistic about the TMNT's future for years!"

Better?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:17 PM   #370
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
To add more, I'll say I'm sorry that Joe didn't like what he saw today. For the most part I honestly did. But I think I probably went in there with different expectations and different personal needs. Yes, there are some areas of concern (the third toe seriously bothers me). There was one thing that I think got a unanimous thumbs down from the entire group. For some people that alone was a "dealbreaker," although I wasn't quite willing to go that far. While a lot of the day was spent showing us stuff to make us go "ooh" and "ahh," there was a "breakout session" where we were able to talk to a representative of a third party focus group company - no personal connection to Nick at all - and that was, at least for me, a real positive experience in being able to say what it was we did and didn't like of what we saw. It also included a lot of telling them what we did want to see that we hadn't seen. In the end I do have to respectfully disagree with Joe and stick to saying that was I saw exceeded my expectations. But that also doesn't mean I'm singing the show praises yet.

Could I be anymore vague?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:31 PM   #371
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
That's the one draw back of this and the NDA. I know you all would love to spill right now, but you have to speak in vague innuendo. I'm not sure who that suck for more, us on the outside looking in or you guys for having to keep a cork in it.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:40 PM   #372
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
That's the one draw back of this and the NDA. I know you all would love to spill right now, but you have to speak in vague innuendo. I'm not sure who that suck for more, us on the outside looking in or you guys for having to keep a cork in it.
I'll vouch for that suckness; especially for people like Rose and I who do the whole blog thing. It's our (self imposed, unpaid) jobs to share content; so yeah, it's pretty ****** for us.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #373
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Could I be anymore vague?
Yes, and thank goodness you weren't. I'd say you weighed those pros & cons like a pro.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:06 AM   #374
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Ok...I gotta...

Yeah, I'm glad she didn't weigh the pros and cons like a con.


*BOOO! HISS!*
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:10 AM   #375
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
I dont know I really dont like the CGI pic of Leo, is there any 2d sketches available for show? and I am majorly concerened if Joe is going on a rampage, but until I see more I will not cast a decision yet, Joe I jst ask u keep representing TMNT the best u can
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:51 AM   #376
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
ahhh the power of the vocal minority. <3
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:40 AM   #377
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Here's my write-up on the day:
http://ninja-pizza.blogspot.com/2011...iew-event.html
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:00 AM   #378
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Odd that they haven't got Mikey and Raph hard and fast yet...but they were really good right? You didn't feel, "Gah, they really ought to get a new ____"?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:22 AM   #379
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Odd that they haven't got Mikey and Raph hard and fast yet...but they were really good right? You didn't feel, "Gah, they really ought to get a new ____"?
Nope. I liked all the voices, including Splinter.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:38 AM   #380
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Nope. I liked all the voices, including Splinter.
Especially Splinter for me. The actor NAILED it.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.