The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 08:41 AM   #401
Icegaze
Hench Mutant
 
Icegaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 283
Can you tell us if the fighting sequences are very fluide and ninja-ish? More so than the 2k3 series? Thanks in advance!

The quality of the hand to hand combat scenes will play a huge part in whether I will like the action or not.
__________________
Icegaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #402
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Just curious if anyone has seen any more opinion posted of the people that were there??

We have seen three so far out of what was there suppose to be about 20 people??

Just curious of other fans take on the event and the new show.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #403
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
From what I've read of Rose's blog, I think you guys had a good time. I'm not going to judge this show based on people's opinions because we're all different and like different things. I'm going to wait and see the show for myself before I make any judgment on whether it's good or not. But I give kudos to those who were able to talk about certain things.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:02 AM   #404
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
Can you tell us if the fighting sequences are very fluide and ninja-ish? More so than the 2k3 series? Thanks in advance!

The quality of the hand to hand combat scenes will play a huge part in whether I will like the action or not.
We saw a 2D animatic. Nothing we saw can really be used to judge how completed 3D fight scenes will look, and I don't even think Nickelodeon is sure how all of that is going to go yet. But there are real martial artists working on the production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reira View Post
Just curious if anyone has seen any more opinion posted of the people that were there??

We have seen three so far out of what was there suppose to be about 20 people??

Just curious of other fans take on the event and the new show.
I was not in Joe's "sewer" for the breakout session, but the three other people in my group were definitely more positive than what Joe is saying. The one issue that everyone gave a thumbs down to was a "dealbreaker" for one guy in my group, with the other three of us not quite feeling that extreme about it.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #405
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
We saw a 2D animatic. Nothing we saw can really be used to judge how completed 3D fight scenes will look, and I don't even think Nickelodeon is sure how all of that is going to go yet. But there are real martial artists working on the production.



I was not in Joe's "sewer" for the breakout session, but the three other people in my group were definitely more positive than what Joe is saying. The one issue that everyone gave a thumbs down to was a "dealbreaker" for one guy in my group, with the other three of us not quite feeling that extreme about it.
No you weren't in that sewer Rose, but if I would have been Bruce Banner, Hulk would have been smashing!
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:21 AM   #406
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
No you weren't in that sewer Rose, but if I would have been Bruce Banner, Hulk would have been smashing!
Gee, now I'm really curious how things went in the other two rooms!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #407
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I'm curious Joe, what version did you grow up with?

& is that your favorite version as a result?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #408
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Made some more Web 2.0 icons off the images Ninja Pizza/Roseangelo posted on Facebook... Thanks for posting those so I can make these...















Enjoy!

-ms
__________________

Last edited by Master Splinter; 03-31-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: add tmntmaster icon.. why? because i smell mountain dew
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:40 AM   #409
micaturtle
Mouser
 
micaturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Wow, Joe. You're the one dissent. Now I'm concerned.
Still wrong with the word, Jester. It's "dissentient" or "dissenter" ;D however, I'm prolly being a grammar nazi so I'll knock it off.

Also, to Joe: The saying goes "To each his own". That's what's so awesome (and so frustrating) about the TMNT fanbase. TMNT fans run the gamut in all sorts of opinions of what they think a perfect turtle production includes. I attribute this to the fact that E&L, after they put out the first comics, allowed so many artists to do "guest" TMNT comics and counted it as part of cannon for the series. This means there isn't really a "wrong" way to draw/portray the turtles. This is also what makes the TMNT fandom so awesome, varied, and long-lasting though. It's a fact I wouldn't trade for all the pizza in the world!

It's so awesome that Nickelodeon is taking the incentive to dive into the fandom and do this event. I think that the fact that they are doing it so early in the creative process shows that they are open to input. That way if there's some glaring errors, they'll have time to fix those errors before presenting the finished product. Finally, it seems as though they want to get fan input before they finish production so they can change things if need be, and that can never be a bad thing

(Also I think they want to avoid the fiasco of fan-backlash that happened with their Box-Office bomb of M.Night Shamalan's Avatar The Last Airbender Movie)

Last edited by micaturtle; 03-31-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Forum no likey my HTML taggies
micaturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:48 AM   #410
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
When you guys talk about "deal-breaker," does that have to do with the Turtles origins being drastically altered?

Something like the Turtles being human at first and then changed to Turtles, rather than being pet shop Turtles mutated? Because if the Turtles are humans before they get mutated, that would REALLY bother me.

I really hope the Turtles aren't human teenagers going to school and then get transformed into mutants. Please tell me this isn't what you guys are talking about.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #411
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I was not in Joe's "sewer" for the breakout session, but the three other people in my group were definitely more positive than what Joe is saying. The one issue that everyone gave a thumbs down to was a "dealbreaker" for one guy in my group, with the other three of us not quite feeling that extreme about it.
Thank you for answering my question. The more I hear the bigger and more interesting of a mystery this becomes

The next year is going to feel very long waiting to see what they finally deliver with the finished product!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #412
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really hope the Turtles aren't human teenagers going to school and then get transformed into mutants. Please tell me this isn't what you guys are talking about.
I agree, I think that would suck ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reira View Post
The next year is going to feel very long waiting to see what they finally deliver with the finished product!
Yeah, but at least there is a little something new each & every day. It's like an advent calender of sorts.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #413
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
We weren't told much about the actual origin story, but the tidbits that we did get were (potentially) really awesome.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #414
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
We weren't told much about the actual origin story, but the tidbits that we did get were (potentially) really awesome.
The use of italics solidifies the excitement, haha. That's great to hear!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:00 AM   #415
Icegaze
Hench Mutant
 
Icegaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Made some more Web 2.0 icons off the images Ninja Pizza/Roseangelo posted on Facebook... Thanks for posting those so I can make these...

¬Snip¬

*steals the avi*


And thank you, Roseangelo for answering my question about the fighting animation.
__________________
Icegaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:03 AM   #416
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah, but at least there is a little something new each & every day. It's like an advent calender of sorts.
Best analogue ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
We weren't told much about the actual origin story, but the tidbits that we did get were (potentially) really awesome.
Everything you say puts a bigger and bigger smile on my face! Thank you!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #417
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
I do think Joe is overreacting a bit like say if Andrew NDB had gone but I am glad he went since say I don't think Andrew's version of the turtles is bad I just can accept a wildly different version than him and be very happy with it but wouldn't mind if some of the things Andrew likes were in the franchise. Different opinions is always good. Hope you didn't get too angry at the event since they are less likely to take into account someone yelling "IT SUCKS ARGH HULKING OUT" since they'd just label you an extreme fanboy but hope you did get heard and put out what you didn't like because who knows maybe I think exactly just like you and yeah after going to an event like that normal people sometimes just don't want to be a "bad" host so they tend to be more positive about stuff they are seeing not to mention having a good time also alters your perception of what you're seeing even if subconsciously.

The 2k3 show did lack some fun so I don't mind if they are a bit more "fun", and I love Teen Titans so if the show is like that while i can't picture the turtles in a show like TT I'd be ok with that. The three toes does bother me a bit but then again I did not even notice until it was pointed out to me and even then I had to think if the turtles had 5 toes before and they were shrunk down to three, The bladed weapons on Mikey/Don does bother me a bit though since from the teaser I get a vibe of "Hey look our weapons are not boring they also have blades" but its too early to know if thats the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
When you guys talk about "deal-breaker," does that have to do with the Turtles origins being drastically altered?

Something like the Turtles being human at first and then changed to Turtles, rather than being pet shop Turtles mutated? Because if the Turtles are humans before they get mutated, that would REALLY bother me.

I really hope the Turtles aren't human teenagers going to school and then get transformed into mutants. Please tell me this isn't what you guys are talking about.
oh god,that would definitely be something I would absolutely hate as much as Joe is putting it and nearly a dealbreaker for me.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #418
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Ha, the tmnt starting off as humans was the first "deal breaker" that came to my mind as well...then I realized that it's just too bad an idea, for it to actually happen.

My next guess is....."Teenage Shredder"

Young, full of angst, and jealous of the Ninja turtles tight knit family, awesome pizza parties, and hot friend April, young Oroku Saki must take on, not only the tmnt, but the battles of puberty, angst, and becoming a young man....

Edit: Wow, I really shouldn't visit these forums, right when I wake up. I've got to admit, that this drastic change to the turtles mytho's has been occupying my mind. Hmmmm....

Last edited by AquaParade; 03-31-2011 at 11:42 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:17 AM   #419
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
That would be just as bad, but funny. I think you've given me a plotbunny for a crackfic. Back, bunny, back!

As for the three toes thing, I don't mind too much about it. As long as they kick butt and act like a family, I'm all for it.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:17 AM   #420
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
You know what I always thought could make a good show but I'm sure I'm alone? write the turtles like actual teenagers, have april/casey etc be a teenager, Baxter is aprils teacher etc. heh. Shredder would still be shredder and an adult but yeah. Thats kinda the vibe I got from the KidsWB character designs we got and I would have loved to have seen that version, I also think that version would have been a lot more popular but thats also because KWB! was a more popular channel than Fox Box/4kids. Of course I do think we likely got the better version with 2k3 not to mention a KWB show would have ended after 52/65 episodes. And wow reading about 4kids/YGO right now makes me glad that they have no stake on the turtles franchise anymore and that the 2k3 show was sold to someone else.

Anyways that OT episode were Mikey becomes human really bothers me, i just find human mikey extremely creepy he kinda scares me.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.