The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #361
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
No, she looks more like Gwen from Ben10 in my opinion.
Spoiler:
I was thinking this would probably be the artistic direction they would go with it. The fact that Gwen aged throughout the Ben 10 series makes me think April might get a revamped design later into the series as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryan View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Actually, this sounds more interesting than what I was expecting. April "orphaned" in the first episode could have some nice dramatic ramifications. On the other hand, the TMNT fighting to restore mutated humans could add a layer of drama to the show, ala Sonic the Hedgehog SatAm, especially if April's parents are among the mutants.

Can you say whether the mutation chamber destroys the subject's free will or just turns them into some bizarre creature?

Man I was and still am a fan of SATAM.Yes,I was there from the beginning of that cartoon.Anyway,I can see more mutant allies and enemies with this as well.
Great to hear some DIC solidarity circa 1993!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
In the pilot animatic she was irked because the Turtles didn't come to the movies with on time and seemingly left in a huff.
Yeah, stuff like seems like it would kill the whole dramatic potential of being orphaned or your parents made into mutants, wouldn't it?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 04-07-2011 at 10:59 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #362
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
I think this will just be one of those shows I won't really care to watch, but if it is on I could put it on as background sounds as I go do something.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #363
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Given its a TMNT show, I'll likely watch through it consistently. Even if its more dumbed down than I'm hoping, I'm sure I'll get some type of enjoyment out of it.

The worst case scenario that it winds up being the worst Turtle show, (not counting Next Mutation), but I doubt it'll be downright horrible.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:38 PM   #364
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Yeah, stuff like (April getting bent out of shape by the Turtles missing the movie) seems like it would kill the whole dramatic potential of being orphaned or your parents made into mutants, wouldn't it?
Yeah, that never dawned on me in my when I was speculating that April's parents were captured and mutated, but then again is the pilot an actual episode or just a "Here's what we're shooting for." deal.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #365
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yeah, that never dawned on me in my when I was speculating that April's parents were captured and mutated, but then again is the pilot an actual episode or just a "Here's what we're shooting for." deal.
That's a fair point about the pilot trying to avoid some of the broader plot points for the sake of giving an example of what a typical episode might look like.

But if Nick April is that unaffected by the loss of her parents, she's gonna get a whole lot of comparisons to 4Kids Mikey in the BttS season, and all the times when he fought over the TV remote like a kid on a sugar high while Donny hung his head in mourning over the loss of Master Splinter.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:48 PM   #366
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
That's a fair point about the pilot trying to avoid some of the broader plot points for the sake of giving an example of what a typical episode might look like.

But if Nick April is that unaffected by the loss of her parents, she's gonna get a whole lot of comparisons to 4Kids Mikey in the BttS season, and all the times when he fought over the TV remote like a kid on a sugar high while Donny hung his head in mourning over the loss of Master Splinter.
Yeah, I can agree with that. I was just trying to think of a "good" reason for making April 16. I'm not that bent out of shape about it, if she's written well...but it could be rough.

Again my biggest gripe is the race of Kraang(s). But I don't wanna pull a Cyber³ on you guys with it.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #367
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Have u lived in the Gettoh? From 14-18 People were trying to kill my cousin who was a drugy, over deals, and even neighbors were threatening him. I live two house down and I still hung a around their. It affected me yes, but I was still able to emotionaly handle it.

And lets not forget this is FICTION! I understand what ur saying, but then again, whos heard of Turtles being Ninja? or being 5ft tall? lol oh well
No, I don't live in the ghetto, nor do I want to. I understand where you're coming from, but April isn't going to be a drug addict. Yes, this is fiction, but I'd like for her to have a valid reason for being able to handle this, especially if they do take it to a dark route. That's my take on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooglafina View Post
Thought I would come back and bitch again because I have to go to class and don't want to.

So will this make canon all those stories where the guys meet a teenage girl who has been orphaned/ abandoned by her parents, take her down to the lair as part of the family as soon as they lay their eyeballs on them and then train her to be a kunoichi and drool all over her because she is so SPECIAL! So much more mature than other teenage girls.

Because if it does, YAY! I can totally lower my storytelling standards! I can finally join all those 15 year old girls who have written themselves into the show in a fit of vanity so they can join the family and know what it is like to have all of the turtles tripping all over them.
Yes, I agree with this. I'd rather they didn't just throw her in there like we see in so many fan fics. I know this happened in 2K3, but she became an asset there because of her knowledge. I'm sure teen April will be smart, but there isn't much she can really do for them at that point. She may be able to drive, but she'll still be learning and won't have much experience in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooglafina View Post
I see the part about the turtles saving her.

And so what? Should they instantly bring everybody they rescue into the family? or is the privilege of the first person they meet?

She needs some reason to be there other than being some random girl they rescue. As an adult she was educated and helped them out. She can drive, has her own van, her own place. She added to their lives in a unique way.

What will teen April add to their lives? What does she give back?

But maybe I'm just being stubborn about the whole thing.
Teen April probably won't give them anything really. I hope they don't do something where they show her in high school and show angst and stuff. I want her to be believable and not some Mary Sue. I'm willing to wait and see how this goes, but this doesn't sit right with me at times.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #368
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yeah, that never dawned on me in my when I was speculating that April's parents were captured and mutated, but then again is the pilot an actual episode or just a "Here's what we're shooting for." deal.
I am pretty sure Rose said it was not an actual episode, jst a model or demo of the actaul show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
No, I don't live in the ghetto, nor do I want to. I understand where you're coming from, but April isn't going to be a drug addict. Yes, this is fiction, but I'd like for her to have a valid reason for being able to handle this, especially if they do take it to a dark route. That's my take on it.
You r right. They need a good reason. But she jst could be in denial about it all or in shock of it all . U know what I mean?
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #369
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I am pretty sure Rose said it was not an actual episode, jst a model or demo of the actaul show.
No, I suggested that. Rose said it was nearly 30 minutes.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #370
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I am pretty sure Rose said it was not an actual episode, jst a model or demo of the actaul show.
You're confusing first episode with pilot - they're not the same. The 25 min animatic we saw was not the first episode. Everything we saw of the first episode was through small snippets during the table read.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #371
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
do you like it so far rose?
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #372
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I am pretty sure Rose said it was not an actual episode, jst a model or demo of the actaul show.



You r right. They need a good reason. But she jst could be in denial about it all or in shock of it all . U know what I mean?
I know what you mean, but I don't think that'll work for her to deny it or just be shocked. It needs to be more believable for me.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #373
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
You're confusing first episode with pilot - they're not the same. The 25 min animatic we saw was not the first episode. Everything we saw of the first episode was through small snippets during the table read.
Thanks for correction. So is a pilot more like a demo to a game??? or what?
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #374
PAAATE
Stone Warrior
 
PAAATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Thanks for correction. So is a pilot more like a demo to a game??? or what?
A pilot is what you use to sell a show to a network or studio, mostly after they've already approved of your initial pitch.

Or to make it easier, a pilot is what gets the show on air
__________________
I'm a member. I forgot about it, so now I'm a remember.
PAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #375
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
No, she looks more like Gwen from Ben10 in my opinion.
I would go with the Gwen from Ben 10 Alien Foce or Ultimate Alien.She is in her teens in those versions.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #376
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 255
Here's an idea since she's gonna be in her teens, Why not at least make her an intern at Channel 6? That way at least there is some Familiarality
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #377
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Or put her in college where she's studying journalism and is an intern.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #378
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
No sign of Human or anyone from 2k3, yet.
No sign of human? What is everyone a mutant?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #379
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
No sign of human? What is everyone a mutant?
OMIGOD! It will be a Mutant-High
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #380
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
omg april is really a mutant who will transform into venus?
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.