The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #401
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Yeah, I always thought NT:TNM was giving a big "screw you!" to non-traditional adoptive families.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #402
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
lol it was pretty much.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #403
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yeah, I always thought NT:TNM was giving a big "screw you!" to non-traditional adoptive families.
Except they were not adopted... They just grew up together.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #404
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
Except they were not adopted... They just grew up together.
Um...ok. They're a family not by blood...adoptive family is the closest analog.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #405
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
Is it canon that they are not blood related? If it is, I never knew that then.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #406
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
As much as I hate the Next Mutation for it, it's probably very accurate that the Turtles aren't blood related. Anyway I'm sure their "father" isn't a blood relative.

But then again blood doesn't necessarily a family make.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:50 AM   #407
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I'm not sure if it's established in canon whether they're blood related. Regardless I see them as brothers and will never ship them together even if they aren't blood related.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #408
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
yea ok so they where adobted sorta kinda thing, still brothers.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #409
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Exactly. An adoptive is as much a family as any other.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #410
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
bascially, shoot i wonder what NICK's origin story is going to be like. I wish they would release some more stuff, and its awhile before the toon even hits tv, damn.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #411
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower View Post
bascially, shoot i wonder what NICK's origin story is going to be like. I wish they would release some more stuff, and its awhile before the toon even hits tv, damn.
The blitz of info in the last few weeks wasn't enough? Jesus.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #412
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
The blitz of info in the last few weeks wasn't enough? Jesus.
'Twas enough for me, I need a break from all the Nick talk! I'm Nick-ed out.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #413
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
The blitz of info in the last few weeks wasn't enough? Jesus.
I like new info. Old info causes stagnation which leads to pointless bickering over baseless speculation.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #414
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny TMNT
'Twas enough for me, I need a break from all the Nick talk! I'm Nick-ed out.
Are you saying we should Nick it in the bud....

Man...that hurt even typing it. Can I apologize now?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #415
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Can I apologize now?
Just in the Nick of time.

...

I think I'll join you in that apology.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #416
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Well I've finally had chance to read all of the pizza box thread and this thread so I thought I'd give my 2 cents on what we know so far.

Quote:
Leonardo - Voiced by Jason Biggs, Leader of TMNT, about same height as Raph
Donatello - Voiced by Rob Paulsen, Nerdy/inventor, somewhat taller than brothers (not much), has a crush on april
Raphael - Well built, gruffy
Michelangelo - fun lovin' younger brother, a little shorter than brothers
The heights sound about right to me. I know Raph is normally the tallest, but I actually like Donny being slightly taller, whilst Raph is average size but well built. The basic personalities (leader, inventor, aggressive, fun loving) seem to be right as well, but hopefully we'll see development as well (like in 2K3 before they all regressed in FF).

The only thing that seemed off to me initially was Don having a crush on April. It just seemed weird and more than a little creepy. Then I realised how hypocritical I was being. I loved Disney's Gargoyles series, and not only was I extremely happy when Goliath and Elisa got together at the end, I actually spent a large part of the series wanting it to happen. If I'm happy for a human and non-human to get together in one series, why should I find it creepy in another?

The key thing Goliath and Elisa had was good writing/character development, they weren't just thrown together in a shippers fanfic. Whilst I don't expect it to go anywhere near that far, if the Don/April crush/relationship is treated with the same level of depth and maturity that Goliath and Elisa had, then I'm actually happy for Nick to do it.


Quote:
April - 16 yrs old, studying to be kunoichi
Whilst I was initially against this, I have to admit that it does make sense from a story telling perspective. In the Mirage/Movie universes April and the TMNT were brought closer together with the disappearance of Splinter and eventually became a family, in the OT it was her job as a reporter that brought them together.

If Nick didn't want to re-tread old ground, then making her a teenager opens up plenty of new story options for them. The idea of the TMNT saving her from The Kraang (and her parents being taken/mutated?) gives her a good link to their world, and she (as always) becomes their link to the human world.

Making her a teenager also gives the TMNT someone of their own age to relate to, and could be part of the reason Nick said we will see the TMNT acting more like "regular" teens in this series.

And I love the idea of her training (like in Archie!!) to be a kunoichi. If handled well it will allow her to play a larger role in the series as time goes on. She could get in over her head (OT style damsel in distress) but eventually become a competent warrior in her own right (2K7, but not to the level of beating Karai). Plus it will, hopefully, mean she won't go from untrained to trained over night.

Quote:
Splinter - 6 Foot tall, was human before mutation, had daughter
Personally I like my Splinter smaller and a rat pre-mutation.

But the human angle does open up the possibility for greater history with Saki/Shredder. As does the idea that he once had a daughter (whether she's dead, Karai or someone else, it still opens up plenty of story opportunities).

Quote:
Casey Jones - around 18 years old, not in first season
I wish he would come in sooner, but I guess it all depends on what the story requires.

Quote:
Shredder - human
Utroms - also known as The Kraang, group of aliens, mutate anyone they kidnap, shredder training them to be the new "foot", wear skeleton suits,
Foot Soldiers - Shredder trained Kraang aliens/robots
As much as I love 2K3, I'm glad to hear Shredder is human again and looks badass! Can't wait to learn/see more.

Personally I (like most others it seems) would prefer The Kraang to be the Utroms. I don't mind Nick making the Utroms evil (or a faction of them evil), but I'd rather have the Utroms be the race and Krang/Kraang being their leader.

The mutation element seems OT inspired, so I'm guessing we'll see Bebop and Rocksteady at some point in the future, maybe even Baxter as a fly.

As much as I love humun Foot Soldiers, robots make much more sense for a cartoon so the TMNT can actually use their weapons, so I'm pretty glad to see Nick going in this direction.

Quote:
Baxter Stockman - african american, has a technologically advanced suit
Not sure what to make of Baxter yet. Based on Rose's description of the pilot (fired, wants revenge, really bad tech suit before Donny's ipod accidentally upgrades him) it seems he's going to look like the Mirage/2K3 Baxter, but personality wise have elements of the OT Baxter. I could be reading this totally wrong, so I'll withhold judgement until we know more.

I remember reading in the pizza box thread we haven't seen Baxter's final form yet, so I'm guessing that the fly is coming at some point in the future.

Quote:
New Turtle Lair
Mutation Chamber - Used by The Kraang to mutate humans to mutants
TCRI Building
I'm guessing the Mutation Chamber is in the TCRI building and this acts like the Technodrome for the Nick show? If so it sounds cool, a nice mix of Mirage/2K3 and the OT. Plus it could make for an awesome playset!


Overall I'm really optimistic. It sounds like Nick is doing exactly what we wanted them to; taking elements from everything that's come before and adding something new to the mix.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #417
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
i love everything about this cartoon !!!!!

Last edited by PizzaPower; 04-10-2011 at 02:47 PM.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #418
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
Everyone needs to remember that most of the forum members are... Sarcastic.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #419
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Are you saying we should Nick it in the bud....

Man...that hurt even typing it. Can I apologize now?
oh you guys!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #420
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Well I've finally had chance to read all of the pizza box thread and this thread so I thought I'd give my 2 cents on what we know so far.



The heights sound about right to me. I know Raph is normally the tallest, but I actually like Donny being slightly taller, whilst Raph is average size but well built. The basic personalities (leader, inventor, aggressive, fun loving) seem to be right as well, but hopefully we'll see development as well (like in 2K3 before they all regressed in FF).

The only thing that seemed off to me initially was Don having a crush on April. It just seemed weird and more than a little creepy. Then I realised how hypocritical I was being. I loved Disney's Gargoyles series, and not only was I extremely happy when Goliath and Elisa got together at the end, I actually spent a large part of the series wanting it to happen. If I'm happy for a human and non-human to get together in one series, why should I find it creepy in another?

The key thing Goliath and Elisa had was good writing/character development, they weren't just thrown together in a shippers fanfic. Whilst I don't expect it to go anywhere near that far, if the Don/April crush/relationship is treated with the same level of depth and maturity that Goliath and Elisa had, then I'm actually happy for Nick to do it.




Whilst I was initially against this, I have to admit that it does make sense from a story telling perspective. In the Mirage/Movie universes April and the TMNT were brought closer together with the disappearance of Splinter and eventually became a family, in the OT it was her job as a reporter that brought them together.

If Nick didn't want to re-tread old ground, then making her a teenager opens up plenty of new story options for them. The idea of the TMNT saving her from The Kraang (and her parents being taken/mutated?) gives her a good link to their world, and she (as always) becomes their link to the human world.

Making her a teenager also gives the TMNT someone of their own age to relate to, and could be part of the reason Nick said we will see the TMNT acting more like "regular" teens in this series.

And I love the idea of her training (like in Archie!!) to be a kunoichi. If handled well it will allow her to play a larger role in the series as time goes on. She could get in over her head (OT style damsel in distress) but eventually become a competent warrior in her own right (2K7, but not to the level of beating Karai). Plus it will, hopefully, mean she won't go from untrained to trained over night.



Personally I like my Splinter smaller and a rat pre-mutation.

But the human angle does open up the possibility for greater history with Saki/Shredder. As does the idea that he once had a daughter (whether she's dead, Karai or someone else, it still opens up plenty of story opportunities).



I wish he would come in sooner, but I guess it all depends on what the story requires.



As much as I love 2K3, I'm glad to hear Shredder is human again and looks badass! Can't wait to learn/see more.

Personally I (like most others it seems) would prefer The Kraang to be the Utroms. I don't mind Nick making the Utroms evil (or a faction of them evil), but I'd rather have the Utroms be the race and Krang/Kraang being their leader.

The mutation element seems OT inspired, so I'm guessing we'll see Bebop and Rocksteady at some point in the future, maybe even Baxter as a fly.

As much as I love humun Foot Soldiers, robots make much more sense for a cartoon so the TMNT can actually use their weapons, so I'm pretty glad to see Nick going in this direction.



Not sure what to make of Baxter yet. Based on Rose's description of the pilot (fired, wants revenge, really bad tech suit before Donny's ipod accidentally upgrades him) it seems he's going to look like the Mirage/2K3 Baxter, but personality wise have elements of the OT Baxter. I could be reading this totally wrong, so I'll withhold judgement until we know more.

I remember reading in the pizza box thread we haven't seen Baxter's final form yet, so I'm guessing that the fly is coming at some point in the future.



I'm guessing the Mutation Chamber is in the TCRI building and this acts like the Technodrome for the Nick show? If so it sounds cool, a nice mix of Mirage/2K3 and the OT. Plus it could make for an awesome playset!


Overall I'm really optimistic. It sounds like Nick is doing exactly what we wanted them to; taking elements from everything that's come before and adding something new to the mix.
These descriptions vastly conflict with the promo images we've been shown so far where the Turtles all look a like. I wouldn't mind April being 16 if she was more like a 80's-90's teen, As opposed to the Victorious/iCarley crap Nick usually show us. The mutation chamber is obviously like the chamber in the first spider man movie where the mutagen is released in gaseous form.
Krang and his minions obviously loose a can down the sewer. I don't think Splinter having a daughter is really gonna fall through since that is one of the things not set in stone. I mean..Who would her mother be?
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.