The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #81
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior
 
John Pannozzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 762
FYI, here's Lionsgate's Canadian address (Lionsgate started as a Canadian company, BTW), which I hear is more responsive than their US-based address:

2200-1055 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6E 2E9
Canada
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Santo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #82
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
Wonder if AVGNs chronologically confused video had anything to do with them stepping up to release it at all. It has 184,000 views on youtube but was just put on youtube less than a week ago (released on his bliptv channel a while ago. I"d assume its just coincidence but who knows.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #83
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Yeah...just a coincidence. I'm sure James is but a minor blip on their radar.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #84
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
Will they finish 2k3?
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #85
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
That's up to Nick.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #86
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
Will they finish 2k3?
Nick really needs to rerelease the entire 2k3 series from
the start.

That is less concerning, since all the eps technically are on DVD right now, but we can hope for a rerelease in a few years.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #87
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I'd re-up if Nick takes all of what we have and makes a good "Complete Series" release. I kept my "Turtle Spine" volumes of seasons 1 and 2 so I'd have the features. Heck, maybe Nick could release the missing Laird interviews.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #88
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick really needs to rerelease the entire 2k3 series from
the start.

That is less concerning, since all the eps technically are on DVD right now, but we can hope for a rerelease in a few years.
Well you'd have to import the Back to the Sewers season but other than that they were all released in the US on DVD one way or another.

I've still got a VCR and I have some of the official VHS tapes of TMNT which I swear have better video quality than the DVDs.

I might buy "Planet of Turtleloids" on VHS and maybe even the "Turtles and the Hair" VHS for "Once Upon a Time Machine" both seem to be on Amazon. I could probably find them on eBay at some point as well.

If they don't end up putting those episodes on the final DVD set then I'd be all for them releasing them along with a few other episodes on DVD as a final spotlight collection with the selling point being the extended episode "Planet of the Turtleloids" and "Once Upon a Time Machine". Then they could include the follow-ups to "Planet of the Turtleloids" and "The Turtles and the Hair" because its related to "Once Upon a Time Machine" that were already released on DVD. Sure we don't need them released again but wouldn't hurt to include a few extra already released episodes because they're not likely to charge less than 10 bucks for having just 70 or so minutes of show on the disc so they may as well include a few more episodes to fill the space on the DVD.

Not gonna lie though if they just released a single DVD with "Planet of the Turtleloids" and "Once Upon a Time Machine" I'd buy it. It doesn't matter to me if they could fit more on that disc, I just want those episodes. It'd be good to round it out to 4 or 6 episodes though.

This should be entirely do-able

106 - The Turtles and the Hare
107 - Once Upon a Time Machine
126 - Planet of the Turtleloids Part 1
127 - Planet of the Turtleloids Part 2
133 - Return of the Turtleoids
164 - Escape from the Planet of the Turtleloids

Just 5/6 episodes (if you count Planet of the Turtleloids as 1 long episodes instead of 2 standard ones) and 2/3 would be new to DVD.

Call it "Planet of the Turtleloids", "Adventures Through Time and Space", "Lost Episodes", or anything really. Just make it happen. Heck stick the Usagi episodes on there as well and call it "Turtles and Hares". It's silly but so is this show.

I also wish they'd remaster the first season because it's some of the best episodes but the video quality is lousy. I don't suppose they have a way of doing that effectively though, much less interest in spending more money on releasing TMNT. Makes me wish Shout Factory would pick up the rights to the show after Lionsgate is done with it.

Really it'd be best if they included "Planet of the Turtleloids" and "Once Upon a Time Machine" as bonus episodes on the season 10 set. So that's what we should shoot for and trying to get those episodes on DVD any other way can follow if they don't put them on the season 10 set.

Now that we know both of those were on the Lionsgate episode list (which I'm sure is roughly or exactly the same as the one on NinjaTurtles.com) it makes especially less sense for them not to be included on the season 5 set. But I'm sure they have the tapes. Both were released on VHS previously back when the were under the Family Home Entertainment label.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:40 AM   #89
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,177
Why would you want those episodes to be re-released? I'd rather have episodes from the best episodes from the volumes that had 13 or 12 episodes per disc and their quality wasn't as high.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #90
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I'm sooo excited for this!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #91
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I'm sooo excited for this!
Time to get your Dregg on. ^_^
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #92
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Time to get your Dregg on. ^_^
Ohh hell yeash!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #93
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Perhaps this could influence Playmates to finally make a Lord Dregg figure as part of their, "classics" line next year?

I've been waiting nearly 20 years for a Lord Dregg toy.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #94
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Perhaps this could influence Playmates to finally make a Lord Dregg figure as part of their, "classics" line next year?

I've been waiting nearly 20 years for a Lord Dregg toy.
You're not alone in that one.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #95
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Time to get your Dregg on. ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Ohh hell yeash!
Yeah, I really liked Lord Dregg as a villain. I mean Shredder will forever be the turtles arch nemisis, but Lord Dregg was great (especially with Tony Jay providing his voice).
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #96
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Time to get your Dregg on. ^_^
In his last season, Dregg did more damage to the turtles than Shredder did in 7 years .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #97
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
In his last season, Dregg did more damage to the turtles than Shredder did in 7 years .
And this is why I love these episodes and characters.
I don't care what anyone says about em'.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #98
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Hopefully we get Season 10 in early 2012 or so.

Season 10 was probably one of my favorite seasons. It wasn't exactly what should have been the, "grand finale" for the original series, but it was a fairly decent wrap-up.

I do wish we got to see some of the older villains wrapped up though. We never did find out where Bebop/Rocksteady wound up after Season 8. I guess they were just lost in Dimension X somewhere?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #99
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
I'm looking forward to this because I've never watched any of these eps before. I stopped watching the turtles around season seven-ish I believe. That's about the time that I got into C.O.W.-boys of Moo Mesa.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #100
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
In his last season, Dregg did more damage to the turtles than Shredder did in 7 years .
To be fair, you can't really compare Dregg to Shredder during the first seven season. The show was so much different during the final 24 episodes. I think you can compare Shredder/Krang to Dregg in the final 24 episodes. But comparing Dregg to Shredder during the first seven seasons just isn't fair to Shredder.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.