The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #101
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
There's only one return and it's not of the king, it's of the Jedi.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #102
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
There's only one return and it's not of the king, it's of the Jedi.
Lame. I still to this day can't understand why people feel the need to compare LotR to Star Wars. Is the only reason because they both have a title that begins with "The Return of the....?" They are completely different, were born in different decades (LotR pub.1953), not to mention the fact that LotR was a book with insurmountable story telling, character development, etc. It was probably the biggest fantasy epic in the last century - in my opinion and quite obviously others. Tolkien was a true genius, if you looked at what he created out of bits and pieces of random European folk-lore.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #103
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
I still to this day can't understand why people feel the need to compare LotR to Star Wars.
Because Kevin Smith wills it. Watch Clerks II and all will be clear.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #104
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
Lame. I still to this day can't understand why people feel the need to compare LotR to Star Wars. Is the only reason because they both have a title that begins with "The Return of the....?" They are completely different, were born in different decades (LotR pub.1953), not to mention the fact that LotR was a book with insurmountable story telling, character development, etc. It was probably the biggest fantasy epic in the last century - in my opinion and quite obviously others. Tolkien was a true genius, if you looked at what he created out of bits and pieces of random European folk-lore.
lol. joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Because Kevin Smith wills it. Watch Clerks II and all will be clear.
there we go

In the interest of staying on topic. I think Astin is a good thing. It's good to have actors as VAs in certain cases because they are well versed in dialogue
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #105
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Because Kevin Smith wills it. Watch Clerks II and all will be clear.
Ah ha! I've never seen Clerks II. I saw the preview for it before it came out in theaters and I decided it just wasn't my type of humor. Probably because they compare LotR to Star Wars.

But yeah, let's get back on topic, sorry to digress!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:44 AM   #106
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I can't buy Sean Astin voicing Raph. Because, whenever Raph is talking, I'm going to be picturing Sean. It's going to be very distracting, and a totally stupid move. Why not just have Rob Paulsen reunite with his old character???? That would have been a smart move.

I've gotta bad feeling that this new cartoon is going to suck anyways.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #107
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
You weren't "name-calling", but what you said was very insulting to Sean Astin and his acting abilities.

If you don't like his Raph when you hear it, that's fine. But to say you can't watch with out picturing Sean, and you haven't even got a sound clip yet.... that's kinda silly. Expect some flak.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #108
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Indeed. These people are actors. When you watch Lord of the Rings do you see Mikey from Goonies? Give him the benefit of the doubt at least. We haven't heard anything yet.
And why aren't people getting so bent out of shape about Jason Biggs? Will you now see Leonardo bent over a pie?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 06-26-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #109
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
And why aren't people getting so bent out of shape about Jason Biggs? Will you know see Leonardo bent over a pie?
I personally am waiting to hear him before I judge, as I think many other Leo fans are.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #110
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
You weren't "name-calling", but what you said was very insulting to Sean Astin and his acting abilities.

If you don't like his Raph when you hear it, that's fine. But to say you can't watch with out picturing Sean, and you haven't even got a sound clip yet.... that's kinda silly. Expect some flak.
I didn't mean to be disrespectful to Sean Astin, he's actually in my top ten of favorite actors of all time, but because I have a face to go with a voice, I'm going to have that image in my head. When watching TMNT, I made damn sure not to check out who the voice actors for the Turtles were, it kind of takes away that magic or whatever. But, whenever Casey or April talked, all I saw was Chris Evans and Sarah Michelle Gellar. I'll give it a shot. I couldn't picture Hugo Weaving as Megatron, but he did pretty damn good, didn't recognize his voice at all, but it's too hard to tell at the moment with the Turtles. I'm a much hard core fan of the Turtles than I am of Transformers, and except for The Next Mutation stuff, I've been pretty much excited for everything that had to do with the Turtles, until now........
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #111
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I know...I'm saying of the 2 I'd be more leery of Biggs.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #112
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I don't know much of Biggs. I know he did the American Pie movies, but I totally avoided them things liked the plague, so I haven't a clue how he would sound. It's a hit or miss with me and actors as voice overs. In Cars, I loved Paul Newman, not so much Owen Wilson.......Hell, I loved it back in the day with Corey Feldman voicing Donetello, today, not so much. I liked the voice work in 2k3 and the 2007 movie far more!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:08 AM   #113
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Will you now see Leonardo bent over a pie?
How did you know about my nightly reoccurring dream?!?!?!
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:13 AM   #114
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Um...just lucky I guess....

Spoiler:
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:05 AM   #115
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
When you watch Lord of the Rings do you see Mikey from Goonies?
It's the only way I could stay awake through the damn thing. GET OFF MY BACK!!
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #116
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Astin at work as Raphael. Photo taken/posted by Paulsen.

Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #117
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Ugh, he looks nothing like a tough guy! What was Nick THINKING?! That's it, I'm writing this show off forever.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #118
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Ugh, he looks nothing like a tough guy! What was Nick THINKING?! That's it, I'm writing this show off forever.
I really don't want to think that this is bad. I feel like I find the negative everywhere: movies getting bad reviews, albums getting bad reviews, etc. Is it me, or does anyone not really like anything made in this day today?

Sean Astin doesn't look like a tough guy at all. But Sean Astin doesn't even look like a teddy bear that goes on missions to help kids (Special Agent Oso joke ). He may not look like a tough guy, but maybe he can PLAY a tough guy. That's probably why Nick hired him in the first place. Watch the clip from The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - There's a scene where Samwise is attacking orcs, and he is trying to rescue Frodo at Cirith Ungol in Mordor. I swear. Sean could pull this off. I've also seen him on the fifth season of 24 . He was tough - emotionally.

But hey. If you don't like it, that's fine. But saying that "You're life is over!" because of a certain actor is melodramatic. Already, it feels like you don't want me to be excited. I don't want that. I'm looking forward to this show. Give it a chance. Maybe you'll like it, too.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #119
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
...Cure was not being serious.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #120
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Sorry. I couldn't tell. Just like Sheldon Cooper, I'm not good at determining sarcasm . . . especially if it's online. Thanks Powder.

Still for the others that are unsure about this portrayl, they should watch clips from Lord of the Rings and 24. That may solve their problems.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.