![]() |
|
|
#3181 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
|
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie... |
|
|
|
|
|
#3182 | |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3183 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 933
|
__________________
My Collection: https://picasaweb.google.com/1182615...eat=directlink COOL STUFF FOR SALE LOOK!!!! - papa_smurf73 |
|
|
|
|
|
#3184 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,658
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3185 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,658
|
The sad thing is, I think I did a bunch of business with him sometime around 2005. I remember it being an altogether positive experience, but that was when he started his listings at low prices and let the highest bidder win. Now, it seems like he manufactures demand by claiming that everything is super rare and by jacking the prices way up.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3186 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 244
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3187 |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
No kidding. I chuckle a bit every time I see "ULTRA RARE!!!!!!!" labeled on stuff that are widely available in stores or are otherwise pretty damn common. I'm actually more bothered by the label "L@@K" on everything. Is that supposed to be clever? To you think by replacing the o's with arobas they're going to respond to your command? Hell, just putting the word "look" into the title is madness. If I wanna look at your product, I will. Telling me to do so isn't going to change my mind if I already have the wish to do so, and frankly, might actually turn me off from clicking your item.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3188 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 429
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3189 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Psht, far too rich for my blood. I got an email about it earlier today from Kevin's assistant, & at the time the starting bid was $100.
3 hours later, that amount multiplied by ten. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3190 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
|
Damn, it started at $100? With only two bidders, that means the top guy REALLY wants it.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3191 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
Part of me wonders if Kevin will get an "Oops, my bad!" message from the bidder....
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#3192 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3193 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3194 |
|
I'm SUPER into myself
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
|
Yeah....I'm out. If it was a painted cover or something of that nature, then fine, but $1000 for a 2011 Ink sketch is crazy IMO, regardless of it being a published cover or not.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3195 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Totally agree. I guess the interest behind it is that it's his like, first published turtle piece since '96, yeah?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3196 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
I wonder if it's "one of us"...
Like I've ever bid on a piece of art...the only thing I have that's close is my prize TMNT 4.1 signed by Peter and Jim.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#3197 |
|
Scatter the nuns!!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
|
My thoughts exactly. Wayyyy too high for a 2011 piece, cover or not.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3198 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
|
8 days and counting.. only time will tell
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie... |
|
|
|
|
|
#3199 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
|
Check this out, a turtles shooting gallery. I cant say i remember this as a kid http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-teenage-...a#ht_500wt_764
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3200 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
|
I also would LOVE this, but with the shipping its a little out of my price range.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Teenage-Mutant-N...b#ht_500wt_997 |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|