The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
What will IDW take from the 4kids universe?

We already know that IDW wants to take things from the various universes and combine them into one series. We're already seeing lots of Mirage and old toon influences and characters showing up.

From the movies a lot of people get the feeling Rahzar/Tokka might be used eventually at some point.

But what from the 4kids series? I'd say Hun might be a safe bet, given Tristan may want to use the character again. I am wondering though if we'll see the likes of Ch'rell or Bishop.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
The Dark Turtles. Totally going to have the dark Turtles pop up in issue 18.

I could see them woking in the Tribunal or the Ancient One, seeing as how Splinter's origins are seemingly more mystical with each issue.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
We already know that IDW wants to take things from the various universes and combine them into one series. We're already seeing lots of Mirage and old toon influences and characters showing up.

From the movies a lot of people get the feeling Rahzar/Tokka might be used eventually at some point.

But what from the 4kids series? I'd say Hun might be a safe bet, given Tristan may want to use the character again. I am wondering though if we'll see the likes of Ch'rell or Bishop.
I, unfortunately, had to cut Bishop from Infestation. Not a huge deal, but it was a fun inclusion for a while, but I streamlined things a bit and left him out when I did.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
I, unfortunately, had to cut Bishop from Infestation. Not a huge deal, but it was a fun inclusion for a while, but I streamlined things a bit and left him out when I did.
So Bishop was cut due to creative reasons or was his inclusion not approved?
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Tristan your two issues have me so stoked. I really can't wait to read your turtle stories again. Is this a one time deal or can we expect to see you back with our boys in green more often?
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
had to cut Bishop from Infestation.
That's the first good news I've heard about Infestation 2.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's the first good news I've heard about Infestation 2.
yet, you are fan of crappy characters like Complete Carnage and Savanti Romero, I hope we never them IDW,

Last edited by Keldor1578; 12-06-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Keldor1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I think Bishop could fit this new world nicely. Since it seems they are going with more of the Turtles origin being the mutagen was made as a weapon. I could see alien tech behind that kind of thing and Bishop being a "man in black" trying to stop them.

Keldor I think you're out of line making a statement like that. There are a lot of people who like those characters. And personal attacks aren't needed.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldor1578 View Post
yet, you are fan crappy characters like Complete Carnage and Savanti Romero, I hope we never them IDW,
To be honest I kind of hope we don't see them either. Well Savanti IS OK, but if they're not going to use Renet I don't think he'll appear.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #10
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What will IDW take from the 4kids universe?
Whatever It Does Want.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #11
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga Carl View Post
I think Bishop could fit this new world nicely. Since it seems they are going with more of the Turtles origin being the mutagen was made as a weapon. I could see alien tech behind that kind of thing and Bishop being a "man in black" trying to stop them.

Keldor I think you're out of line making a statement like that. There are a lot of people who like those characters. And personal attacks aren't needed.
I dind't attacks anyone, Andrew NDB was trolling by saying it was good news that Bishop was cut from infestation 2. At least Bishop is interesting character.
Keldor1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #12
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
You know who I'd like to see them take from 2k3 is Touch and Go. I think they could be an interesting addition to the comics. Given the chance to flesh them out they could be very interesting.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #13
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
So Bishop was cut due to creative reasons or was his inclusion not approved?
Creative reasons. He just didn't fit after I made a couple of tweaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga Carl View Post
Tristan your two issues have me so stoked. I really can't wait to read your turtle stories again. Is this a one time deal or can we expect to see you back with our boys in green more often?
It's way too early in the game to know. I'm seeing it as a one time deal. There's nothing planned beyond Infestation. Ghostbusters is still going strong, and I've just been brought on to write a book over at APE Entertainment, so I'm just playing things by ear. If it ever comes up again, I'll certainly take a look at it, but Tom's doing an awesome job on things, and at the end of the day it's up to Bobby and the others at IDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's the first good news I've heard about Infestation 2.
You know ZILCH about Infestation, buddy. Words will be eaten. Trust me.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
You know ZILCH about Infestation, buddy. Words will be eaten. Trust me.
I hope so... and we'll see.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #15
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Besides, you saw how I treated Hun. What makes you think I wouldn't do the same with Bishop?
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Besides, you saw how I treated Hun. What makes you think I wouldn't do the same with Bishop?
Oh, I was just being facetious. In truth, I don't have any problem with adaptions of any of the 4Kids characters appearing in the IDW universe... it's a new universe, after all. Transplanting them to the Mirage universe, that's what I kind of had a problem with.

Which isn't to say you did it poorly with Hun -- quite the contrary. I hope the character sees new life at IDW under your pen.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
I think the funny thing is the 4kids series didn't really introduce many new villains. Hun and Bishop are the only real notable ones, besides their version of the Shredder being Ch'rell.

Due to PL, 4kids mostly used Mirage characters like Karai, Baxter, the Triceratons, Leatherhead, Rat King, Savanti, etc. so there's not much to take. The only other villains they created was low-tier characters like Touch and Go, Garbageman, or the Ultimate Ninja and Draco.

The 4kids series really just focused on Ch'rell, Hun and Bishop as the 3 notable new villains...
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:12 AM   #18
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
It's way too early in the game to know. I'm seeing it as a one time deal. There's nothing planned beyond Infestation. Ghostbusters is still going strong, and I've just been brought on to write a book over at APE Entertainment, so I'm just playing things by ear. If it ever comes up again, I'll certainly take a look at it, but Tom's doing an awesome job on things, and at the end of the day it's up to Bobby and the others at IDW.
We'll take what we can get. Ghostbusters is very awesome and I'm enjoying it very much. First two comics I've been excited about coming out each week. Heck the first comics that I actually try to pick up the day they come out.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #19
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
It has already taken the skin tones for the turtles themself, which wasn't really well-known until 4kids. Really, if you take away all the Mirage content imported into 4kids, it wasn't that great of a series. That's why some don't get it when they say 4kids is better than the Fred Wolf version, which of course had better original characters (Hun, Bishop, and Cher'ell are not on the same level as Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady!) We might see the battle shell and other vehicles making an appearance, and some animation styles used in 4kids (ponytail April, for example). And with PL not involved with this series, that lessens the chances of influence.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
(Hun, Bishop, and Cher'ell are not on the same level as Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady!)
Not anywhere near the same level of nonsense, no. Not that I have any particular love for any of those myself... though I can appreciate the potential for a ground-up reimagining of Bishop and Ch'rell.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.