The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #1181
Falconhood
Stone Warrior
 
Falconhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 694
Must have new Turtle stuff!
__________________
Wheresoever the carcase is, there will the vultures be gathered together.
Falconhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #1182
TobTurn
Foot Soldier
 
TobTurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 153


and



...I like the old ones better. Hopefully it'll look better in the actual show.
TobTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #1183
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
I thought people said Shredder was supposed to be the most menacing he ever looked or look like Super Shredder?

He looks like a bad placeholder from some early 3D test here.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #1184
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Looking at what we got...this has to be a place holder. It's seems to be a very basics character rendering.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #1185
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
To take it back...Rob mentioned in his most recent podcast that Phil Lamar is a voice in Turtles. Who wants to bet he's our new Baxter?
Phil LaMarr; I knew that name sounded familiar. It's Wilt (Fosters Home) and Carver (The Weekenders).
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #1186
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
That Shredder design is lamer than anything I expected. Lots lamer than any Shredder design previously animated. Playmates' Chipendale Shredder was more intimidating.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #1187
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
That Shredder design is lamer than anything I expected. Lots lamer than any Shredder design previously animated. Playmates' Chipendale Shredder was more intimidating.
It's gotta be the Leno/Adam Carolla chin...or at least that doesn't help.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:34 AM   #1188
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
obviously not finished model, but I see potential in that design
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #1189
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Ooooh, Phil Lamar played Hermes in Futurama? I can't wait to see him in this show then.

As for Shredder, he looks different but not bad. I can't wait to see him in action.
That's the spirit, we need more fans like you, not the overly negative fakes who poke holes in everything hoping for this show to fail. Morons.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #1190
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
I'm ok with most of the designs so far, but that Shredder is horrible.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #1191
TobTurn
Foot Soldier
 
TobTurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
Guys, we have PETER LAIRD'S opinion on the new Shredder. For anyone interested, here is what he said:

''To be honest, I am not crazy about it. The calf armor looks way too bulky, and the forearm blades way too long, among other things. It looks to me like the designer didn't really understand the nature of the Shredder.

Also, the upper torso armor is shaped in such a way as to hint that this Shredder has a bustline. I wonder if they're planning to have Oroku Saki be a woman this time around? -- PL''

Last edited by TobTurn; 01-22-2012 at 09:49 AM.
TobTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #1192
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
That's the spirit, we need more fans like you, not the overly negative fakes who poke holes in everything hoping for this show to fail. Morons.
No one wants the show to fail.
But there is not one damn thing wrong with wanting a quality design.
This show looked so much better in the 2-d storyboard format.
I was there I saw them working on the rubbery moving turtles, it looked bad then and nothing has improved.
Why would any fan in their right mind want this to fail?
I for one want this to be huge again but I don't see that happening with a half-assed attempt at doing so.
It's odd to me but there's just something off about everything so far it's all just coming across to me as if they're just tossing things about without any planning but I know this isn't what is happening since I saw and am seeing what's up.
It also could just boil down to the fact that I've been here for the entire ride and I'd hate to see such a great property be treated so carelessly.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #1193
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobTurn View Post
Guys, we have PETER LAIRD'S opinion on the new Shredder. For anyone interested, here is what he said:

''To be honest, I am not crazy about it. The calf armor looks way too bulky, and the forearm blades way too long, among other things. It looks to me like the designer didn't really understand the nature of the Shredder.

Also, the upper torso armor is shaped in such a way as to hint that this Shredder has a bustline. I wonder if they're planning to have Oroku Saki be a woman this time around? -- PL''
And the rest of the world continues to not care about his opinion.

I think it looks pretty neat. Fully rendered and colored it should look great. I really enjoy the stylized direction they've taken.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #1194
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
And the rest of the world continues to not care about his opinion.

I think it looks pretty neat. Fully rendered and colored it should look great. I really enjoy the stylized direction they've taken.
It doesn't look great. He does look like he has boobs, like I said in my first post. PL sees it too, and why wouldn't his opinion matter? He's 1/2 creator of TMNT. His opinion always matters.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #1195
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
It doesn't look great. He does look like he has boobs, like I said in my first post. PL sees it too, and why wouldn't his opinion matter? He's 1/2 creator of TMNT. His opinion always matters.
He's just blocky looking but you'll get that from a early test shot in a heavily stylized show.

The last 5 years of PL's TMNT involvement and all he did to drive the franchise into the ground make his opinions on anything TMNT related not worth listening to.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #1196
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
seems like some people don't know how boobs works... If 2k12 Shredder got boobs what about 2k3 Shredder?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #1197
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Maybe shredder will look better when we see him in motion. Plus, Kevin Michael Richardson is voicing him, and I think he did a pretty good job as General Aguila in TMNT, one of my favorite villians.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #1198
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Also when he's done. Seriously, the picture is the step above a damn wireframe.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #1199
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
What Stryker said.

That Shredder model is very much like the models in the TMNT films unfinished scenes, made for animated storyboards.

Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #1200
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
seems like some people don't know how boobs works... If 2k12 Shredder got boobs what about 2k3 Shredder?
Well when Karai became Shredder 2k3, Shredder did have boobs.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.