![]() |
|
|
#681 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
|
The photo of the playset are hard to see.I am very happy to see images for these figures.The do look good.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#682 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
|
Just got the videos to load, man they were slow (or I was impatient).
Yeah, the Classics are definately NOT 10-11". I've got enough 12" stuff to know how big they look next to someone and the Classics were no where near. Which is good because at 10-11" I would have given them a miss. Nice to know more Classics will come if these sell well (both OT supporting cast and other versions of the TMNT). Very disappointed with the paint aps on display compared to the first pictures. Yeah I know the prototypes always look better, but if you're not going to have any type of wash on the final figure don't put one of the promo figures. That said, it's not a deal breaker, the figures still look great and strangely I still find myself more excited by the Nick line than the Classics line. That playset is fantastic! 42" high, more than 20 features over 3 levels, fits 50 figures! I am so getting my nephew into this show so I have an excuse to buy one and play with it! He's just found my original figures in dad's loft and loves them so this show has come at a perfect time for him. |
|
|
|
|
|
#683 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
|
How old is he?
__________________
![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#684 |
|
Dierna Soul, Reporter
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
|
New Storage shell figs....huh.... So of the Nick line I'll get the Don to put next to my original Storage Shell Don. *lol*
But dangit... TRU exclusives?! The closest TRU is just so far away.... *sighs*....
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#685 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
|
Those figures look awesome, I think I like them at first glance even more than the NECAs....
|
|
|
|
|
|
#686 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 364
|
I'm very excited about the figures. The playset is awesome but the vehicles could be better in my opinion except for the train. I have good vibrations about the new serie and it will be supported by a great toy line. The TMNT future seems brighter.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#687 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
|
Just turned 4 so he'll probably be 5 when this airs in the UK (that's being generous and assuming we get it early Spring next year).
Not actually seen him since Christmas. After hearing that he found and loved all my old OT stuff, I've decided to give him my spare MOC 2K3 Turtles. I'm not really a MOC collector, I'd planned to try and customise them with the Season 5 mystic markings but never got round to it. I figure he'll get more happiness from playing with them than I will keeping them in the loft. Plus it'll help make a new TMNT fan
|
|
|
|
|
|
#688 | |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohiya
Posts: 78
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#689 |
|
Dierna Soul, Reporter
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
|
Ok. I watched those videos. Splinter was shown.... Well... at least he doesn't look like a dog this time... no...he looks like a badger!!! WTF?! I've never seen rats with those markings!!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#690 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
|
Thank you!!!!!! I said the exact same thing.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#691 |
|
Dierna Soul, Reporter
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
|
April's kinda cute in the little kid sort of way. At least she's wearing yellow (is the 5 on her shirt cuz she's the "5th Turtle"?
![]() Krang (or is it Kraang?) looks cool ![]() Shredder looks a bit off somehow
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#692 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
|
Why did the guy from Playmates call him "Krang, the other head bad guy," rather than, "The Kraang?"
Will we be seeing "The" Krang in the show as well since IDW is using him? |
|
|
|
|
|
#693 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,478
|
Besides Splinter and vehicles everything else is amazing!
I so want to buy them! (also i still think that 3 fingers are weird...) |
|
|
|
|
|
#694 | |
|
t-u-r-t-l-e seller!!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,481
|
man... that sucks!
Quote:
^ absolutely agree... that sewer is FABULOUS!!!
__________________
mysterycolor TMNT ebay auctions- http://bit.ly/mysterycolor mysterycolor's basement auctions- bit.ly/mysterybasement |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#695 |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
I seriously can't remember the last time I was this excited about toys.
Bravo, Playmates.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#696 | ||
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Quote:
Quote:
Now let's just hope that "Classic Line" doesn't fall through!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#697 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
|
Hope the classics line will do well enough for some Jim Henson TMNT 1990 based figures.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#698 | |
|
t-u-r-t-l-e seller!!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,481
|
Quote:
__________________
mysterycolor TMNT ebay auctions- http://bit.ly/mysterycolor mysterycolor's basement auctions- bit.ly/mysterybasement |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#699 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 242
|
I'm really liking how these turned out! The attention to detail really adds a lot to the figures. I was concerned from the early TV art that the translation from show to figures would leave them looking flat and rather bland, but these look great.
I'll probably be going for Leo or Raph come release. Raph is my favorite turtle, but my favorite here is definitely Leo - his color scheme just looks the best.
__________________
"Grim... gritty... my kind of place." --Raphael, Turtles Forever ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#700 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
|
You pretty much just said what I was thinking when I looked at this figure. I must admit I am mildly disappointed but assume Splinter's new look will grow on me. Still you are very correct he doesn't look like a rat at all.
__________________
![]() Artwork by Jim Lawson Last edited by FearlessLeader; 02-01-2012 at 06:16 PM. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| playmates toys |
|
|