![]() |
|
|
#721 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
|
Those figure designs look a LOT better than what we've seen from the actual show.
DAMN !!! Why did I have to like these? Now even if I end up hating the show there's a good chance I'd get the figures. Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#722 |
|
the gray ghost
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
|
Yeah those are most def the 10 inch turtles. You can tell by the toes and heads. I still like the 6inch scale classics and nick lines. Yeah the super nice paint aps may not be there, but ill fix that and have them looking just like the promo
|
|
|
|
|
|
#723 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
|
I did some investigating, and I have it on good authority that this:
![]() Is the real deal. The discrepancies you may notice are because not *all* the figures on display, particularly the ones in packaging, are the final product. But the ones photographed against white definitely are. |
|
|
|
|
|
#724 |
|
Super Moderator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
|
Fantastic pictures. I'm so glad we finally get to see those, along with the shredder and splinter figures...
The final figures for the boys look pretty good. the third toe really doesn't bother me. I just wish they didn't all have the same manic grin like we saw in some of the 2K3 box art. April looks closer to high school age, which I'm pleased with. She looked too young in the original designs. I know some people are freaked out by Splinter's color design (which I agree, it's quite a departure from what we've seen before), However, one theory could be that Splinter is a 'fancy rat', which can have Badger-type markings. (look at the two pictures on the bottom of the page). AS for his actual design... *packs up her sketchbook and slinks away* ~Machias |
|
|
|
|
|
#725 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
|
Quote:
First I thought I'd just go for the classics line (though I'm a bit turned off by the shell being flexiable as others have been) but seeing some of these Nick series figures has me just as much or even more interested in buying some of them.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#726 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#727 | |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
Quote:
But I hope I am wrong. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#728 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus Indiana
Posts: 688
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#729 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
|
Love the new figures, don't care for the sound fx ones, hate the classics. I'll definitely get a set of the four turtles based on the new designs.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#730 | |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Quote:
I doubt that Playmates would ever even attempt to sell figures with paint jobs that nice. If I'm wrong I'll eat pizza with a gross topping on youtube. Quote me on that. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#731 | |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
|
Quote:
Double dare ya! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#732 |
|
Dierna Soul, Reporter
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
|
Well I suppose Splinter COULD be a mismarked Dalmation or Husky....But he looks more like a badger. *lol*
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#733 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
|
I might be the only one here who likes the storage shells
. I've lost too many turtle weapons over the years. Its nice knowing I'll have someplace to put them. Also, I love the classic Foot Soldier figures (obviously, they're great), but I was never too fond of the weapons they came with. I hope they get blasters or something this time around.
__________________
My Collection |
|
|
|
|
|
#734 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
|
my question is... are the tmnt tv series figures gonna be the same size as pervious tmnt or are they gonna follow along the size of 4inch like GIJOE, MARVEL UNIVERSE, THE NEW THUNDERCATS SERIES?
__________________
i ship it.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#735 |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#736 | |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Quote:
I think the only reason there's some dislike floating around is because people thought it was the classics line that featured them. I agree about the Foot Soldier weapons too. Weapon changes aside, I hope more than anything we at least see the figures. That'd be awesome. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#737 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
I support the "Storage Shell" feature as both practical and a play-value bonus!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#738 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
|
If the figures look like this:
![]() I will buy them without a second thought. The design is awesome and the paint is amazing. Unfortunately, I've got a feeling that they will wind up more like this: ![]() Bah, first image won't show but you all know the good looking figure and I'm too tired to mess around with it to get it to work. |
|
|
|
|
|
#739 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Regarding the weapons coloring, the original 2k3 figures came with very nicely detailed (for the time) weapons. So I wouldn't be surprised if we got the nice looking weapons and vividly painted turtles.
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#740 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
Can I offer an observation. That figure looks like it may be the 4" version. The ones with the better paint jobs look "bigger" some how...maybe I'm nuts. BTW where'd that picture come from?
EDIT: Oh...here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ght-new-286540 Further edit: wait...3 minute clip. Come on Viacom...share. EDIT: One more...when did we get the name "Sewer Heads" and where can we return it for a better nick-name?
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 Last edited by Jester; 02-01-2012 at 10:36 PM. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| playmates toys |
|
|