The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 04:58 AM   #921
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Foot Soldier variants are more welcoming then the usual turtle variants playmates have had.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #922
Boy Wonder
Random Punk
 
Boy Wonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 33
I was about to say that, I'm excited not only for the prospect of getting regular purple Foot Soldiers, but getting some different colored ones like from the arcade games would be so freakin sweet!
Boy Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:19 AM   #923
JaffleMan
Stone Warrior
 
JaffleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portarlington, Vic Australia
Posts: 761
Bring on the banana coloured Foot Clan!!



Lol how many people would actually buy these? I can't say I'd be first off the mark to add a yellow foot to my collection. :p
__________________
JaffleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #924
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
I don't usually army build, but I'd be down for a rainbow of Foot Soldiers.
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #925
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Talking

Sharing another write up I did on Cowabunga Corner about the toys. I think I got one more to do.

http://www.cowabungacorner.com/revie...ories-and-more

That was cool getting to see what Peter had to say, I haven't been able to check his blogs this week because of a lot of running and writing I've been doing.

I totally agree with him about the playsets that have come out.
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #926
Obbie
Thug
 
Obbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohiya
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I don't usually army build, but I'd be down for a rainbow of Foot Soldiers.
Same here, dude!
Obbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #927
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaffleMan View Post
Bring on the banana coloured Foot Clan!!


Lol how many people would actually buy these? I can't say I'd be first off the mark to add a yellow foot to my collection. :p
Haha, I don't know, maybe. What's your sig picture from man? I love that coloring on Mikey, I've seen it before on random Turtles toy packing art - was that the Turtle van art or something?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #928
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Spoiler:
Spoiler:





Can anyone confirm if those sweet sewer lid bases will come with the figures? Or is that just for display purposes at the show? Notice how it has each turtles name individually on the lid. Those are really cool and I hope in fact we do get those with the figures.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #929
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
Behold my crappy Photoshop skills! I made some adjustments to the photos of the classics figs.
Just why the heck did you make Leo's teeth red?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #930
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
I want some vehicles for the classics line
I'm with ya on that one. Perhaps a improved version of the Party Wagon with a dash, steering wheel, and all the Donatello computer tracking gear in the back this time?

Also, opening driver and passenger doors, and opening rear doors. Now THAT would be a collector's edition.
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #931
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Can anyone confirm if those sweet sewer lid bases will come with the figures? Or is that just for display purposes at the show? Notice how it has each turtles name individually on the lid. Those are really cool and I hope in fact we do get those with the figures.
I'm pretty sure they will come with them.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #932
stormbringer
Foot Soldier
 
stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I'm pretty sure they will come with them.
I wonder how much all of that will cost.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #933
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Where can I find Laird's comments about the toys? I want to read them in full!

And yeah, do we have any idea about price? I remember someone saying way back when that the new series figs would be $5.99... but I'd be VERY surprised if Playmates got them out at that price now. On the other hand, with the (mostly) more articulated GI Joe and Thundercats figures going for $7, I guess it's doable.
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #934
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Where can I find Laird's comments about the toys? I want to read them in full!
Ask away!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #935
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
All you did was link to your single post, man. He wants Lairds blog comment about it, methinks.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #936
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
All you did was link to your single post, man. He wants Lairds blog comment about it, methinks.
I asked him in a 4kids blog post...that's all I he's said.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #937
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
I don't understand why I can't express any criticism without being jumped at "you overhyped yourself!" or "you people can never be pleased". I am one who enjoy The Next Mutation, I always look at things from the positive side, I can't help but feel disappointed that these figures are not OT accurate. They are still awesome and I will get them but they aren't OT accurate and have plenty of things I can criticize and not like.

Would Wave 2 indeed be villains only [Krang/Shredder/Rocksteady/Beebop]? Seems a bit risky, for a toy company to take, Splinter/April/Shredder/Krang seems more likely with Rockstead/beebop in a third wave. I can see Casey Jones/Slash/Baxter Stockman in future waves but I don't think we'll get too far in an OT line sadly. For other universes I do think it's likely we'll get Movie 1 turtles, Mirage turtles and even 2k3 "accurate" turtles and even new show "collector" turtles.. Personally I'd love to see variants of the Wave 1, you know, slightly different head sculpt to be more toon accurate. But most of all what I'd love to see is a original toyline inspired turtles, that is all I ask for, that would make me so happy.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #938
Nelson
Stone Warrior
 
Nelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Just why the heck did you make Leo's teeth red?


Know your cartoons, man.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #939
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I asked him in a 4kids blog post...that's all I he's said.
Thanks, Jester! I'd figured it was on his TMNT blog... but I was just looking at the posts and not the comments, so I totally missed it among those weird and lengthy script reviews.

And yeah, sdp, what the heck's wrong with you? Next thing you know, you'll be demanding Wingnut and Armaggon and War in Wave 3 OR YOU'RE QUITTING THE LINE FOREVER. Some people are NEVER satisfied.

You know what I want -- nay, DEMAND? Swappable two-toed calves/feet for the new figures so I can pretend they're some form of classic TMNTs. OTHERWISE, DO NOT WANT.

__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #940
JaffleMan
Stone Warrior
 
JaffleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portarlington, Vic Australia
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
What's your sig picture from man? I love that coloring on Mikey, I've seen it before on random Turtles toy packing art - was that the Turtle van art or something?
Pizza Power game. Most of the pictures on the game have the turtles with different flesh tones but Mike is the most different. Just like all the new TMNt figures we are getting. :p
__________________
JaffleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.