![]() |
|
|
#941 | |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
What I saw at nick at was a prototype and it was fantastic, these are mass produced figures by playmates. Their prototypes always look better than the finished product, sad but true fact. I'm sorry you're disappointed but I am a bit as well. Not because it was hyped but because they're good but not perfect. If I was there working along side them like I'd like to be you can bet they would be 100% spot on. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#942 |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#943 | |
|
Big, Bad & Bold
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020 TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0 Visit My Wish List: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904 My Collection: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#944 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
The Technodrome would be WAY scaled down, sadly.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#945 |
|
Technodrome Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
|
Wow the turtles look awesome, hopefully they will look this good in the show
__________________
GT:Reedeamer THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015 http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
|
|
|
|
|
|
#946 |
|
Big, Bad & Bold
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
|
__________________
![]() Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020 TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0 Visit My Wish List: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904 My Collection: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276 |
|
|
|
|
|
#947 |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#948 |
|
Big, Bad & Bold
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
|
ah i see. but how much scaling down are we talking?
__________________
![]() Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020 TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0 Visit My Wish List: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904 My Collection: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276 |
|
|
|
|
|
#949 |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#950 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Because it's the size of a multi-story building. A in-scale Technodrome would be enormously cost prohibitive.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#951 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 673
|
An in-scale Technodrome would measure around 1.5 meters in height...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#952 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Almost 5 feet... that's huge!
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#953 | |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 42
|
Quote:
Lets look at it this way though. They said in the video the line is strictly targeted at the older audience or the "dads" as they say. If you are walking down the isle at a Walmart, TRU, or your local toy store and you see a 4-5 foot remake of the Technodrome I bet you will buy it. I mean they sell Transformers at toy stores for well over 100 dollars, so it isn't out of the question to sell it for high prices. The safe bet would be to make it an exclusive internet item from either their website or some big online toy distributor. Kinda like how Ghostbusters does with Matty Collector. That way they don't make thousands and thousands of them and they don't sell because of price or lack of interest. At the end of the day if you are an old school turtle fan and love the original toys you have to support this line if possible. I mean these are the old school toys done right. 30 points of articulation for the old toon figures. That is dedication from the makers and they deserve the support. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#954 | |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 42
|
Quote:
If you are a TMNT fan you have to be excited how this new line is being treated. Not only are they getting new basic toys for the show, but the new show is getting collector figures on top of the old school toon getting a major new re release that look amazing. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#955 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
|
An in-scale technodrome, while awesome in theory, would be a nightmare for Playmates. Forget selling it in brick and mortars; shelf space is too precious, and the markup would be scary. Online sales for something that big would be hard to justify; it's too niche as markets go.
How about we all team up and build one in my garage? Anyway, it's been a few days and I'm still totally stoked about these new toys!
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks! |
|
|
|
|
|
#956 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
|
The only way we'll ever get an in scale technodrome is for mini-figures that are Mighty Max sized, the original playset would actually be in scale with those figures. And that is exactly what I want actually.. Not even Star Wars can afford to make close to in scale vehicles like Millennium Falcon, TMNT definitely can't either, sadly.
The third toe hadn't bothered me so far because I never really noticed it until now that I take a look at it, in the gimmick figures were you just see two slices separating the toes it doesn't bother me at all. But on the more detailed version of the Nick turtles it does bother me, they look like this weird mutant toes with finger nails that resemble something of big foot and it just looks terrible, I have no idea why they went this route. But I guess it's nto something I'm going to pay too much attention to so it won't bother me a lot. I was just posting the reason of my disappointment, after reading so many of your posts I was expecting something much more and it wasn't, sorry if you took my post the wrong way. But yeah I appreciated the information but did felt mislead and of course I'm aware of plenty of factors like this was a fan event where everyone was treated very nicely which may make people remember things a bit better and they were prototypes while these are near finished versions of what will hit the mass market. It's not like I'm angry at you or anything just a bit disappointed like you. |
|
|
|
|
|
#957 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
|
I'm sure some of the initial disappointment is that of us having so long to build up the hype in our own fanboy and fangirl minds, with only the limited details we were privy to from fellow fans who were able to attend the MIP events. (At least, that's my take.)
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks! |
|
|
|
|
|
#958 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,114
|
I'm definitely excited about these Classics... I collected the MOTU classics for a while but didnt have the drive to continue so I sold them again. I hope these dont have the same price tag but I'm preparing for it anyway.
I'll probably buy 3 sets minimum: -MOC -Loose -Loose and customized to be 100% accurate. It would be great if they were 100% but theyre damn close. In any business theres no pleasing everyone. The new Ghostbusters collectors line that started a few years ago got a ton of complaints about not being accurate. These were the first figures released since the movie came out in 84 which had the actors likenesses. Were they perfect? Nope but pretty close and they satisfied the majority of collectors. These TMNT Classics will do the same. I hope that before we see releases from TNM, 2K3, or Nicks TMNT that Playmates releases a variety of characters from the FW series, Movie, and comics. On the other hand I would like them to release the 4 turtles, 2 sets of secondary characters, then another set of 4 TMNT. It'll change things up and every universe of TMNT can be built slowly. I'm just thinking out loud.. I wouldnt be against them releasing ONLY 1 or 2 a month because of the potential of them going for 20 bucks each
__________________
![]() Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please! Check out my collection! http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766 |
|
|
|
|
|
#959 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
|
I am starting to warm up to them a lot, I'm just sad that this blend of "angry/OT" look means we won't ever get a real accurate OT representation or a grittier collector version of the original toyline since this is already meshing both styles together. I'll stop at that here since I don't want to sound like a broken record, i'll try to not bring it up at least
As far as future waves, counting they're releasing the four turtles, I'm not sure how well other figures could sell on their own like that, I really want to see most main OT characters but I find it hard to beleive a wave of April/Splinter/Beebop/Rocksteady could be very popular, let alone other recurring villains like baxter/leatherhead etc. Keeping this line turtles only would probably keep some interest but people would also get bored of buying the same 4 turtles of "different" universes, A wave of 6 figures would be better you can release the turtles with two extra characters, or maybe mixing and matching turtle universes. I really hope the collectors line does well, while I'll take anything they release I really hope this goes as far as it it could possibly go, how is the Thundercats collectors line doing? |
|
|
|
|
|
#960 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
|
They could always do waves of different turtles with villains, so:
Wave 2 Mirage turtles FW Splinter FW Baxter Etc. I'm hoping for a lot more characters for the new toon. Specifically, Usagi. Not only am I interested in their design changes for other characters, Usagi appearances were always my favorite. Since we're not seeing Casey until season 2, I'm not expecting any cool cameos until season 3... |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| playmates toys |
|
|