The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Movie Splinter Bust

Pretty cool bust of Splinter from the first movie up on ebay. Great likeness from the front but profile looks a little off what do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Splinter-Nin...item460162e4a0
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
A few people have mentioned this already, I believe in the 'eBay almighty' thread. I think it looks great... too rich for my blood though.
__________________
Digital Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Ghost View Post
A few people have mentioned this already, I believe in the 'eBay almighty' thread. I think it looks great... too rich for my blood though.
My bad if its already been posted. Thumbs up for your Donatello Movie pics
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Suddenly, that Sherdder helmet sold not long ago for $250 seems like a fair price. Those materials used must be fairly expensive if it isn't the original. There is also a Raphael bust for around $150 on eBay currently. Still, since these have bids, could be a great opportunity for costume businesses looking to make some money for TMNT's relaunch, and if I was Mark Freedman would tell costume companies to sell more of these.

EDIT: That Raphael bust sold for $500.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 02-29-2012 at 05:13 AM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
While I can't say it's not well done I personally don't like it.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Kinda looks like a mash up of Splinter 2 and Splinter 3.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #7
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Kinda looks like a mash up of Splinter 2 and Splinter 3.
I agree leaning more towards the 1st thankfully but his snout doesn't look long enough. Splinter from movie 3 was atrocious.
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #8
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus Indiana
Posts: 688
It looks like someone enhanced the Movie 2 Splinter figure and gave it a really bad wookie wig to go over it. Also why is one eye look lazy compared to the other?
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
It looks like someone enhanced the Movie 2 Splinter figure and gave it a really bad wookie wig to go over it. Also why is one eye look lazy compared to the other?
hehe, I guess they forgot too add the words "Battle Ravaged" to the product title.
__________________
Digital Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier
 
Nintendophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 198
Yeah, the snout's definitely too short in the side-view. And the whiskers are way thick, they look like painted spaghetti noodles. Should've used something like fishing line. Other than that, it definitely took talent to build!
Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
Yep thats what I wanted to say, the snout is too short, from the side it kinda looks like Next Mutation Splinter!
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #12
lizard6king6
Random Punk
 
lizard6king6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 27
Went for $1100!!! I dont know but that seems a little crazy to me!
__________________
I am the lizard King I can do anything!
lizard6king6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.