![]() |
|
|
#241 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 117
|
Bay is known to be a fall guy for tidbits of info to be spread early in a films development. He did it with transformers to gauge reaction. They are probably doing it with this film to. He is also known to give false info to keep story/plot points secret as well. I take this with a grain of salt until the movie gets closer to release.
And i have no problem taking the "teenage mutant" out of the title as long as they stay true to the origin stories. I personally am liking the new IDW Comics stories the best.
__________________
"Hold the phone... I think we're all on the same side." -Raphael (Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension-X) |
|
|
|
|
|
#242 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus Indiana
Posts: 688
|
http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...-Ninja-turtles This just recently came up. He mentions he is working with one of the original creators which I am sure it is Kevin; so the alien race just got out of hand and most likely he was referring to the Utroms.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#243 | |
|
Space Cowboy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#244 | |
|
Second Gear
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#245 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus Indiana
Posts: 688
|
I just noticed that after as I looked at the other trending topic of this matter.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#246 |
|
Bad Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
|
Can someone merge the two threads? It's pretty much the exact same conversation going on.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#247 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,399
|
I agree. It's becoming a bit confusing now.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#248 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Motion made and seconded...who's for the merger?
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#249 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,211
|
I'd rather see the one with the typo laden title just get locked.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#250 |
|
Sewerhead
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
|
Like I said on Page 1 of the other thread, this is already being discussed here!
A merger or a lock would be nice just to simplify things. |
|
|
|
|
|
#251 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montana
Posts: 126
|
Yeah, just lock the other thread. This one can incorporate all things of the new movie.
__________________
< i hunga for cowabunga!Oh, i'm looking for a Sideshow Statues.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#252 |
|
Bad Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
|
Maybe there should just be a general speculation thread.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#253 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
The whole "working with original creators" thing isn't exactly reassuring. I'm not up in arms about the whole issue, not at all, but still, it means jack.
Kevin is a part of the IDW comic but that ensured nothing, it kinda sucks to me. When Kevin gets the full creative reigns, then I can have no fear. |
|
|
|
|
|
#254 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,384
|
Kevin is the one that's often open to risky new ideas, so I wouldnt be surprised if he backed the alien thing.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#255 |
|
It's my desire?
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
|
Well popping in here for a sec to give my two cents after I sat down and digested the news.
I really dislike this whole alien idea, and I'll be honest and say I did a little bit of jumping up and down in my seat while screaming a bit on Facebook. But really... a) This is the only info we have for now that is subject to change (at least I hope), and b) Will the kids really notice the difference? Us long-time fans will obviously be mortified if the origin story is tampered with in such a heavy-handed way like this, but... well, who is the audience here? Us or kids? And will kids even care? I mean, the majority would go into that movie about alien turtles not even knowing the origins of TMNT. They'll see it, they'll love it, and they just won't care. Not because they think it's better, but it'll be the first incarnation of TMNT they'll see. Not only that, but hey, cool summer blockbuster hit. Watch, get hyped about it, and move on to the next one like a vampire. HOPEFULLY this is just a stunt. I am honestly sitting back and waiting as a seething figure in the shadows hoping it's all a big fat stunt. However, when more information is revealed and if this is cleared up to be fact or fiction... well, let's just put down the torches and pitchforks until then, shall we? And again, I think I keep saying this for everything new from TMNT, but try and hold off all judgement until you see it, blah blah blah, why yes Michael Bay is indeed a douche and likes ruining childhoods, blah blah blah... but who knows, it could be a decent movie. Then that'll be egg on our faces if we claim it's going to ruin everything. We just have to watch and wait and try not to get too worked up before official things start getting released. But until then... I'm watching you, Bay.
__________________
![]() "So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
|
|
|
|
|
|
#256 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 312
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#258 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,384
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#259 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 312
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#260 |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
I'm all for merging the two threads or locking one of them.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| live action films |
|
|