![]() |
|
|||||||
| View Poll Results: Would you like the idea of the turtles being aleins? | |||
| Absolutly! |
|
5 | 2.70% |
| It doesn't matter to me |
|
29 | 15.68% |
| Terrible! |
|
151 | 81.62% |
| Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#461 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,804
|
I hope this all blows over soon. I just hope that it involves the Utroms in space at the beginning crashing on Earth, and then it leading to the TCRI building and the mutagen.
So the Turtles "From an alien race" still kinda makes sense when you consider them from the Utroms. Or if they want to use Krang in the movie, the same deal. |
|
|
|
|
|
#462 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
|
Quote:
Anyone have a good Cartman bit on YouTube? Because you can't invoke Hitler without pointing to fiction's surprisingly popular booster boy of him. Exit question: Is this the first time Godwin's Law was stated on here? Because I don't want to wade through many, many threads for a prior example, if there was one. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#463 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
|
I've seen the film being referred to as 'Ninja Turtles' by many news sources, and it's in Bay's direct quote:
“Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script," Bay wrote. "Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of ‘Ninja Turtles’ to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world." However, I haven't seen anything official yet so take it with a grain of salt.
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic] ![]() All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video Spoiler:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#464 | |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
Quote:
What is "Godwin's Law"?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#465 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
|
Quote:
Anyway, for your quickie synopsis of Godwin's Law: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_Law |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#466 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montana
Posts: 126
|
i have a feeling it's going to be a long while before we get any new tid-bit of 2013 tmnt.
__________________
< i hunga for cowabunga!Oh, i'm looking for a Sideshow Statues.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#467 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
I found this video on YouTube of a movie buff weighing in his two cents very calmly and eloquintly.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#468 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
|
I know this is long shot since it looks like this is gonna turn out to be some kind of holiday family and friends comedy movie.... but wouldn't it be funny/ironic if despite the alien thing, Bay still made them act like real ninjas and cut up some Foot?
I can hear the (misinformed) critics now. "The Turtles from my childhood were wisecracking mutants that loved pizza... now they're aliens that hide in the shadows and cut people up with their bladed weapons and toss ninja stars. Totally NOT like the source material."
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#469 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
|
Y'know the turtle smiley at the end of my post should have given it away that my post was tongue in cheek.
That being said; if the movie does make the turtles aliens then I think it'd be fair to say Mr Bay wont be the favourite person amongst TMNT fans, not that I think he was anyone's favourite before but you know what I'm saying. Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#470 |
|
Jedi Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
|
The debacle even made the USA Today in a blurb on the Entertainment page front. Any faction among fandom has something that we all agree on and we hopefully did some good and don't have anything to worry about now.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon! |
|
|
|
|
|
#471 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
|
When I saw Transformers, The Dark Knight, Iron Man and Green Lantern in theaters, there was a ton of kids at each of them.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#472 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
|
We're gonna have to admit that the Turtles of this upcoming new generation isn't for us. We either outgrew the franchise or it didn't 'grow up with us'. Design-wise alone I can tell the Nicktoons isn't gonna have deep detailed storylines and whatnot, and the movie already sounds like more stuff for kids. We just outgrew it. Sadly the Turtles will never be seen in the same light as characters like Batman or the Avengers will. I mean, say the movie came out this summer... do you really think a NINJA TURTLES movie... even if it was the most awesome TMNT movie ever bleeding with Mirage stuff, it would even cause a dent in Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#473 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 701
|
This guy is on point :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VfabqcwcYQ
|
|
|
|
|
|
#474 | ||
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#475 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#476 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
|
Not the same. Those movies were still targetted for everyone, not just for kids. And blah to parents who took their kids to see Ledger Joker's shenanigans. I hope they had nightmares, lol, like back in the day with Batman Returns.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#477 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
|
heard nothing to prove otherwise. I can't really see those Nicktoon Turtle Tots doing anything beyond kiddy fare in their show. At least the 2012 had an ongoing storyarc and took some risks with things like be-heading Shredder, 'Bad Day' and 'Insane in the Membrane' and even had an episode that was too dark to ever be produced.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#478 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
|
Batman The Animated Series was made for kids in the 90's, yet the Nolan movie series is targetted for everyone, even non-comic fans ad big action-packed blockbusters... and the Joker they used was definitely NOT kid-friendly. Batman grew up from the Super Friends/Adam West days.... the Turtles didn't media-wise.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#479 |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#480 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
|
Quote:
Last edited by Xav; 04-03-2012 at 06:25 AM. |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| cancelled media, depressing, gay |
|
|