The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #21
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 377
It was never that big of a deal to me because I knew that what I preferred would have no bearing on which direction the masks went. ANd as far as sales dropping off after Issue 5, #5 is also the introduction of the reincarnation angle, so take that for what its worth as well
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #22
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
I didn't mind at all, since I just see both red and colored as interchangble, even among the comics (Mirage vs. Archie). IDW gives us the chance to see both versions for the first time, and lets continue to enjoy the series.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #23
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
I prefer the all red masks but there isn't much I can do about it so it's whatever. I'm not one all up in arms bitching about it. I can still enjoy the books. Honestly, that was a good thing about the Mirage books. Officially, they all wore red but we didn't see it on the pages since they were black and white. The covers were the only places we got to see the red bandanas... WHICH ARE FAR SUPERIOR

I couldn't resist
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #24
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
this reminds me of a TMNT coloring book I had as a kid, it had coloring pens included, But. it did not come with orange
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #25
pihb
Hench Mutant
 
pihb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan View Post
I prefer the all red masks but there isn't much I can do about it so it's whatever. I'm not one all up in arms bitching about it. I can still enjoy the books. Honestly, that was a good thing about the Mirage books. Officially, they all wore red but we didn't see it on the pages since they were black and white. The covers were the only places we got to see the red bandanas... WHICH ARE FAR SUPERIOR

I couldn't resist
That is a very good point. When I was talking to Kevin Eastman when he flew to Austin. We were chatting about the colored bandanas. He told me the red came about by accident because he didn't know what else to color. He also thought it was comical how divided fans get over it.

Personally I love the red, I loved the color in the TV show and movies. In this series they made the transition work. I am not going to complain over it because there is no need to.
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:51 AM   #26
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,220
I've brought this up before, but the thing that still bugs me about it story-wise is the fact that Splinter decided to give them their favorite colors from their past lives... but tossed their original names aside just because they were given pet names by the employees at Stockgen.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #27
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
He was also willing to toss aside his own name.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #28
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I've brought this up before, but the thing that still bugs me about it story-wise is the fact that Splinter decided to give them their favorite colors from their past lives... but tossed their original names aside just because they were given pet names by the employees at Stockgen.
yeah, that is kinda bugging
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #29
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Well, I'm "over it" because there's not much that can be done about it, and there's no point in ranting forever. But I still wish they were wearing red bandanas, and still think the way they introduced the rainbow bandanas didn't make much sense. ToTheNines makes an excellent point.

Looks like I might not be "over it" after all.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #30
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Anyone else feel like this is gonna turn into that other thread all over again?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
I bet the Turtles have color bandanas so Slash can eventually show up with the black bandana.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #32
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I bet the Turtles have color bandanas so Slash can eventually show up with the black bandana.
How would all-red deter that?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #33
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Slash with a red bandana would look killer badass
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,420
I've never been really sold on Slash wearing any bandanna. It's strange enough that the Ninja Turtles wear the bandannas (stranger still that they would wear different, mood-colored ones), but whatever, we accept it... but when an alien Turtle from another planet in a different galaxy/universe/dimension just happens to wear one exactly like they do (even if it's a different color) then that's hard to rationalize.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-29-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
Well it certainly looks better than his old toon design.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #36
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
But if it gained 2 ranks by losing 1000 readers, doesn't that mean that everyone lost readers?
People were so depressed about the color change that no one wanted to read ANY comics that month.
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #37
The Master
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Here.
Posts: 43
Mask color is the absolute least of my gripes regarding this new series. Non-issue.
The Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #38
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
I'm one of those weirdos who actually likes the colored masks. Although I have to say the colored knee/elbow pads and wrist bands look silly. Says the guy talking about mutant turtles...
__________________


Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT is cooler than MOTU View Post
Says the guy talking about mutant turtles...
No need to Crisler's Law yourself.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #40
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Andrew's Law:

The law of averages that states that sooner or later in a reason-minded discussion about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, someone will attempt to refute the entire discussion or argument with a statement equivalent to "But we're talking about four mutant ninja turtles living in a sewer!", causing Andrew to post Crisler's Law.

Kidding! Kidding!
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bandana changes, idw


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.