The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: It was the impressions dude!
Humphrey Bogart (The Cat Woman from Channel 6) 2 15.38%
Rocky Balboa (TMNT: The Movie) 2 15.38%
James Cagney (TMNT: The Movie) 4 30.77%
Elvis Presley (TMNT 3) 0 0%
Schwarzenegger (Various 4kids episodes) 1 7.69%
Raphael (Various 4kids episodes) 0 0%
Donatello (Return to the Underground) 0 0%
Master Splinter (The Way of Invisibility) 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,209
Favorite Michelangelo impression?

Mikey's role as "comic relief" has been played up to varying degrees of success, but one thing that almost always works (and thankfully isn't abused) is when he does impressions.

Personally I'm a sucker for Schwarzenegger impressions, so I always laughed when he did that in the 4kids show, but the most memorable one was probably Cagney from the first movie.

Other favorite would be his Bogart from the OT, and his Master Splinter from the 4kids show.

Let me know if I forgot anything!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
I LOVE the impressions he does in the 2K3 series... my favorite would have to be when he imitates Splinter. For example, the episode (The Way of Invisibility) wherein he snuck up on the cloaked Foot Tech Ninjas and saved the day.
__________________
Digital Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
He does a splinter towards the end of things change.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
In terms of the poll, the old film buff in me demands that I only pick Bogart. Besides, Mike is admirable in that he later admitted, "okay, so I don't do Bogart." Runner-up would be his Cagney impression from the first movie.

Although, in-context with the other 2003 characters, yeah, got to go with the Splinter one. As I recall, did he do one of 87 Shredder in one of the Fast Forward episodes (I think it was done in Baxter's episode, but feel free to refresh my memory)? In which case, that might be FTW for me (if I'm using that expression correctly).
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
Although, in-context with the other 2003 characters, yeah, got to go with the Splinter one. As I recall, did he do one of 87 Shredder in one of the Fast Forward episodes (I think it was done in Baxter's episode, but feel free to refresh my memory)? In which case, that might be FTW for me (if I'm using that expression correctly).
He kinda did a Bishop impression in "Head of State".
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
He kinda did a Bishop impression in "Head of State".
I mainly recall the one he did in the teaser, as I interpreted it to be 87 Shredder. As always, I could have misinterpreted it. Is that the one you're referring to or did Mike do another one in the episode? I ask, as I haven't seen the episode in a long while. (Knowing me, probably try to view later tonight, though.)
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I had to go with the Cagney bit. I remember the first time I heard him go "You dirty rat!"
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I had to go with the Cagney bit. I remember the first time I heard him go "You dirty rat!"
That must be Splinter's favorite...

and if not his, it is certainly mine.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #9
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
I remember the one he did in the 4Kids' episode Shredder Strikes Part One, "Oh, Leonardo. You have some splainin' to do!"
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
I remember the one he did in the 4Kids' episode Shredder Strikes Part One, "Oh, Leonardo. You have some splainin' to do!"
Mikey Ricardo...oye.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.