The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Raphael Movie 1 Bust WIP

Please Delete thread. This bust is a work in progress I should have just waited to post until finished product is complete. Thanks

Last edited by Bmaga123; 04-08-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Bmaga123 is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
You couldn't have just updated one of the 27 previous threads?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You couldn't have just updated one of the 27 previous threads?
Thanks for the Negative comment and no this is new and different but thanks.
Bmaga123 is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Oh I've got more...

That bust seems off, too. It looks great, but it doesn't instantly scream, "Jim Henson's TMNT 1 Raph" to me at all.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #5
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Oh I've got more...

That bust seems off, too. It looks great, but it doesn't instantly scream, "Jim Henson's TMNT 1 Raph" to me at all.
Thats cool I appreciate honest opinions and the bust will have further tweaking revisions and look different when completed. What portions look off to you?
Bmaga123 is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I think the jaw is too long...but it's never easy to say what's off. I just know it doesn't look accurate.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #7
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think the jaw is too long...but it's never easy to say what's off. I just know it doesn't look accurate.
Hmmm hard to say exactly I do know his upper lip stuck out further then the lower in the film is that what you meen?
Bmaga123 is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #8
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior
 
Dragnskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Humble, Texas
Posts: 766
this is probably the best likness I've seen to date, but I agree its a hair off, considering the level your going through for "exact match", heres my input:

If I remember correctly, he was wider in the face left to right, he looks a bit stretched vertically to be completely accurate.
__________________
Looking for something? Visit my eBay store:
TMNT Toys
Current status: 250 items and growing!
Dragnskull is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 02:39 AM   #9
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
It's an impressive sculpt in general, but it doesn't look anything like Raph to me.
Roseangelo is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #10
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Has somewhat of a Henson feel for sure, but not Raph. Honestly, it looks like whoever sculpted it referenced all four turtles rather than our red-wearing bad boy, as I can see elements of each turtle in it. The mouth area/size is like Don, the eyes are Leos, the expression is Raphs, and the head shape is Mikes. Anybody else see that? Also, I agree with Jesters first post. Plus, maybe you'd be better off in the toy/collectible section.
Powder is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Has somewhat of a Henson feel for sure, but not Raph. Honestly, it looks like whoever sculpted it referenced all four turtles rather than our red-wearing bad boy, as I can see elements of each turtle in it. The mouth area/size is like Don, the eyes are Leos, the expression is Raphs, and the head shape is Mikes. Anybody else see that? Also, I agree with Jesters first post. Plus, maybe you'd be better off in the toy/collectible section.
I can kind of see what your saying except his head shape is nothing like Mikeys, Mikeys head is much smaller looking and his cheeks are not as wide. Some tweaking will be done for sure thanks everyone who commented.
Bmaga123 is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #12
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnskull View Post
this is probably the best likness I've seen to date, but I agree its a hair off, considering the level your going through for "exact match", heres my input:

If I remember correctly, he was wider in the face left to right, he looks a bit stretched vertically to be completely accurate.
I agree the cheeks could be a hair wider but not much but I think the length front to back is spot on to the movie. Thanks for your input on this I will see what Howard thinks
Bmaga123 is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
Looks more like Leo to me. Nice sculpt though!
__________________
Digital Ghost is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #14
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Howard posted pics at the replicapropforum http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f...abunga-144298/. The pics are much larger then what I posted so easier to see plus 1 extra pic.
Bmaga123 is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #15
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Please Delete thread. Thanks
Bmaga123 is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.