The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #1701
Shogun26
Mad Scientist
 
Shogun26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: under my bed
Posts: 2,322
My Plan is just a collection of the four retros. Not a fan of the new line.

Depending on the retail price (does anyone happen to know the retail price for the new line? I know the 02/03 figures were around $8 or $9 bucks a pop.) I may or may not just get the turtles from Toys R Us so that I don't have to pay shipping from BBTS.
__________________
Ebay Store!!

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #1702
Memphis
Stone Warrior
 
Memphis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 581
I'm pretty sure the classics were 19.99, but I could be wrong.
__________________
I am a rock, not just another grain of sand.

Looking for MOC Dino figures. PM me if you're selling! *Already have Ankyl Leo*
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #1703
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
I heard $14.99 for the MSRP -- though of course BBTS and other online retailers (and TRU...) will be higher. I certainly hope they're not $19.99! If they cost that much, I ain't buyin'.
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:16 AM   #1704
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
I preordered the 2012 figures today. Can't wait to get them in. Hopefully I ordered the more detailed ones, I'm sure I did though.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #1705
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
You don't get to order 'the more detailed ones'. That was just prototypes and ToyFair Exclusives.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #1706
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
So then what I ordered isn't the turtles shown in the very first post of this thread?
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:04 AM   #1707
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Same figures, but with a bare bones paint job. So technically, no.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #1708
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
I see. That's fine I guess. I just didn't want to get the sound fx ones. Those don't look good to me.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #1709
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
When you ordered your figures, you didn't know what you ordered? That's something you should be clear on when you order. I mean, you're spending $200, I'd be sure if I were you.

Stepping off my high horse now, from what I understand, the pictures in the first post are the first renditions of the toys, with NICE paint jobs, colored weapons, a CHAIN on Mikey's nunchucks, etc.

The toys WE will get? 'No detail' paintjob, with very muted colors, same-colored monochrome weapons (a la '88 Turtles), no chain, etc.

So while I'm still excited to get my case of '12 TMNT and case of Classics figures, it sucks that Playmates would dangle that in front of us. I guess it was meant to get people excited about the new toys, then they release something that looks way worse. But I guess that's what all companies do, right?

Speaking of the Classics line, they're 6", right? I don't know if I like that size figure for Turtles. I mean, I have a NECA Donatello, which is what, 5"? And the classics will pretty much tower over him. They'll probably look good displayed in the package, but to play with? I just don't see it.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #1710
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
They'll probably look good displayed in the package, but to play with? I just don't see it.
You....play with your toys?....
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #1711
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Absolutely. Well, for stop-motion videos, that is.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #1712
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
You....play with your toys?....
You ....don't?.....
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #1713
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
Yeah, man! What are you supposed to do with toys? Take 'em out for dinner?
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #1714
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
My preorder was 35.99, so I'm not spending 200. I've never preordered before, and I see that there are two versions of the 2012 figures. The picture I saw when I ordered wasn't for the sound fx version, wich I said I don't want. I called the regular ones more detailed because they seem to have more detail TO ME. But i understand what you mean, they wont look like the ones pictured exactly. So like I said I hope I get the ones I ordered because as stated, I've never preordered before.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #1715
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshadamd View Post
You ....don't?.....
Not since I was about 10 years old.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #1716
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Not since I was about 10 years old.
And that's you. Hell, I'm sure some people here still play with their figures like we used to back in the day. I will in a couple years again, because my daughter will be 3-4 years old, and you better believe I'm introducing her to all incarnations of TMNT early on. She's only 21 months old, and I let her play with the TMNT figures I don't care that get messed up. My wife hates it.

And a pre-order for $36? What, did you order just two or three figures plus shipping? I think I'm going to cancel my order for the case of Classics, since I'll probably just look in the store for them so I can have them to display. That'll cut about $120 off my order. Then I can get a whole case of 2012 figures and still get what I want.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #1717
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
And that's you. Hell, I'm sure some people here still play with their figures like we used to back in the day. I will in a couple years again, because my daughter will be 3-4 years old, and you better believe I'm introducing her to all incarnations of TMNT early on. She's only 21 months old, and I let her play with the TMNT figures I don't care that get messed up. My wife hates it.

And a pre-order for $36? What, did you order just two or three figures plus shipping? I think I'm going to cancel my order for the case of Classics, since I'll probably just look in the store for them so I can have them to display. That'll cut about $120 off my order. Then I can get a whole case of 2012 figures and still get what I want.
I ordered the set of 4 from BigBadToyStore. I'd love the set of 24, but I won't shell out 200 for that.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #1718
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleltheking View Post
I ordered the set of 4 from BigBadToyStore. I'd love the set of 24, but I won't shell out 200 for that.
Well, that makes sense. I bought a case (2 of each of the first wave of 12 figures). If money's tight, I may do the same. And did you get free shipping? Because $36 is the base price.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:


Last edited by DonatelloFan; 04-14-2012 at 09:01 PM.
DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #1719
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
I have standard ground selected for when they deliver. They'll probably add shipping whenever they ship and take the money out in August. As of right now though all my preorder status says is 35.99
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #1720
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshadamd View Post
You ....don't?.....
Not recently lol!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.