![]() |
|
|
#21 |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
Oh I get it. Bow and arrow... like Artemis, goddess of the hunt. Pretty sneaky Ross.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Quote:
Oh... Maybe Ross did sneak a little Greek culture into his vision after all!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
|
How is the 5th Turtle going to be worked into the plot of the second movie?
What, will they just discover him in the TGRI building or something? |
|
|
|
|
|
#24 | |||||||||||
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Because I love you folks (sort of), I've copied some recent comments Ross made on his DevArt page and reorganized them under specific themes:
Just how much will this comic resemble the plot of the film, Secret of the Ooze? Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! Last edited by oldmanwinters; 06-17-2012 at 12:54 PM. |
|||||||||||
|
|
|
|
|
#25 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 328
|
...pretty damn excited about this.
We believe in you, Ross.
__________________
Donnie: You're a claustrophobic! Casey: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before. |
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
Wonders if IDW would do a TMNT Elseworlds imprint. I mean, it could bring in some awesome, non continuity stuff, like this.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
Bad Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
|
Man, when he said he was working on a fan comic, I was very excited.
But, this fifth turtle thing... It's a deal breaker for me. |
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
Soul's Winter is one of my favorites, so I'd be all for a Elseworld/What if comic line
|
|
|
|
|
|
#29 |
|
Writer • Director
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
|
If they do I'm gonna have to throw a story at them I've been writing on and off for a few years now. It's perfect for a Elseworld's style book.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 | ||
|
the gray ghost
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
|
Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#31 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Quote:
However, Ross's project is one of love rather than business. He just wants to do his own take on the Turtles and doesn't want to be bothered by the stress of deadlines.
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#32 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
|
I don't think we need else world tales this early into a new TMNT series. Stuff like this should stay as fan comics.
Else world tales ruined the middle of Volume 1. |
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
|
I think if they are ever think of doing an Elseworld title they should just go straight TPB with them. Don't make them part of the monthly series.
Ross's project has me excited. I'm really curious to see how he pulls everything together. |
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
|
The only good else world tale was Soul's Winter, everything else was just a goofy parody. Don't forget those green-grey soup sushi turtles in the Turtle Soup volumes.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
I liked them; the Green-Grey Sponge-Suit Sushi Turtles were probably Mark Martin's best contribution to the TMNT books. The official first movie parody was a pretty good commentary on the TMNT's evolution from indy comic sensation to mass-marketed kid's franchise. That type of multi-verse story worked much better than trying to shoe-horn Martin's unique ideas of art & comedy into the ongoing title in issues #22-23.
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#37 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
I really love the designs of Artie, no human female curves, no boobs. I'm a huge fan of his early Venus design
It's very refreshing |
|
|
|
|
|
#38 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
Exactly. I would want the "Elseworlds" TMNT stories to be distinctly OUTSIDE the continuity. There'd be no confusion...these are alternate, what if stories/universes.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#39 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
|
In all seriousness I would actually drop the IDW series if they introduced a 5th Turtle as part of the "team." For fan projects like this its OK, but I don't even want to see in in "elseworlds" tales either.
Thankfully Tom has already stated before there shall be no 5th Turtle. |
|
|
|
|
|
#40 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
|
Where did Tom state there wouldn't be a 5th turtle? I mean I'm not saying that I want one, but I'm not opposed to the idea.
Anyway how do you guys think he will work the Utroms in to the narrative of SotO? |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| fan comic, fan project |
|
|