The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
saul
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 161
Did the Turtles ever duck their heads into their shells in the comics?

This seemed to happen several times in the Old Cartoon, and in Movie 1 and 3. It seems like a natural thing to have a turtle do. But did it ever happen in the Mirage comics?
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 377
I don't know about the Mirage comics but I recall it happening in the Archie comics
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:01 AM   #3
corvus
Stone Warrior
 
corvus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 783
Yeah it didn't happen in the 4kids cartoon either. Considering how small their shells are for turtles, I don't know how it'd be possible, there'd be organs in the way.
__________________
corvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Mikey did it in his IDW one-shot, but that obviously isn't Mirage.

I don't recall anything from Mirage. I think Peter Laird thought it silly, if I remember correctly from one of his 4Kids production notes...
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
Lampy
Stone Warrior
 
Lampy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
Mikey did it in his IDW one-shot, but that obviously isn't Mirage.

I don't recall anything from Mirage. I think Peter Laird thought it silly, if I remember correctly from one of his 4Kids production notes...
speaking of IDW... so did leo when that foot ninja tried to hit him with the nunchucks.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:31 AM   #6
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul View Post
This seemed to happen several times in the Old Cartoon, and in Movie 1 and 3. It seems like a natural thing to have a turtle do. But did it ever happen in the Mirage comics?
I don't know about natural. Sea turtles can't retract their head due to all the muscles they got, something similar should probably apply to the turtles, but then again it's cartoon animals chopping up ninjas with sword and the flavin
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #7
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
You'd think that if the TMNT could do that they'd use it more often to their adventage. You only see it happen a couple times in the original toon and once in the first and third movies.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #8
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
You'd think that if the TMNT could do that they'd use it more often to their adventage. You only see it happen a couple times in the original toon and once in the first and third movies.
What about that scene in SOTO where they're floating in the harbor after the fight with Shredder? I always assumed they were tucked up inside their shells when you see just the shells come up out of the water. Just me?
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
Lampy
Stone Warrior
 
Lampy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 748
it's not mirage... but donatello also did in the image books when he was falling from the sky.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.