The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #2761
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Playmates had this to say on their facebook: "At this point our Classic Collection line will include the 4 Turtles only. We will consider adding other characters if we see a high level of demand."

So folks let's get these things selling!
Patience, young poodawan. 90% of the country still hasn't even seen these hit stores yet.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #2762
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I think part of this is we have been here before. NECA did the same thing, the difference is they showed us the toys and then never released them. I think a lot of us just don't want to see something like that happen again.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #2763
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Hey weizie, would you mind checking store #9090 for basic figures? My cousin wants to know. Thanks!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #2764
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Patience, young poodawan. 90% of the country still hasn't even seen these hit stores yet.
I would be part of that 90%
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #2765
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Precisely I'd be more willing to shout "buy buy buy" if you could actually find the damn things.

As it is I've been scouring toyboards as of late (not here as much as I used to be) and most of the people picking these up are those who don't normally collect TMNT. While this is a good thing on one hand (they are very impressed with them, and getting these things into someone's hands that will appreciate them is good whether they're longtime collectors or not), I still run into things like "They spelled Krang wrong on the package" and "How come Shredder's not blue?"
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #2766
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Christmas in July...finally!!

Playmates TMNT Figures - Nickelodeon 1st Wave
Spoiler:
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #2767
Veedubguy83
Hench Mutant
 
Veedubguy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 264
I would love to see them do classic versions of Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady...
Veedubguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #2768
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
I think part of this is we have been here before. NECA did the same thing, the difference is they showed us the toys and then never released them. I think a lot of us just don't want to see something like that happen again.
oh yes we have and it woued be better if we never did see the toys so i am all over this and will buy as mutch i can.as wave 2 i hope we get the rest from the 88 line or wath they did relase in the 25 anniversery relase and move on to a other universe so we get a basic line and move on and they can always later on relase a line later on with one caracter from diffrent universes
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #2769
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
My TRU had almost all the TMNT stuff out today!

All they were missing was the Classics figures and the ShellRaiser van... I bought both of the bigger bikes with figures and the smaller motorcycle otherwise. So now I'm almost done with the series 1 TMNT 2012 stuff. Just need the van.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #2770
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
I think part of this is we have been here before. NECA did the same thing, the difference is they showed us the toys and then never released them. I think a lot of us just don't want to see something like that happen again.
Not like Playmates hasn't been doing that for 20 years already as-is.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #2771
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 208
OFF topic--- woot woot! Courtroom Ray w/ Tony Scoleri!

sorry had to get that out!

Last edited by slaysghosts; 07-13-2012 at 01:45 PM.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #2772
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaysghosts View Post
OFF topic--- woot woot! Courtroom Ray w/ Tony Scolari!

sorry had to get that out!
I don't know what that means.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #2773
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
I don't know what that means.
lifetime ban from the ghostbusters boards then
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #2774
maverick10126
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Finally found these guys at one of the TRU in the area. They were in the area where the Thundercats figures were, as several people have noticed. I snagged all 4 turtles, looks like these had been on the pegs for a little while. After my four turtles, they were left with one Mikey and one Don. They had a couple Shredders, Kraang, one April and one Splinter. What was the case assortment for these again? I know April is the short packed figure but I don't remember how many of the other figures were in there.

I haven't opened them yet, but they look amazing! I love the texturing and detailing on the body. They definitely need a repaint though, I want to get that shadowing that we saw on the prototype pics. These guys have now replaced my 2k3 turtles as my favorite versions.

Has anyone tried sanding down the armpits of Leo and Raph so the sockets are more like Don's? I've noticed that's one of the complaints people have about these figs. Leo and Raph can't fully lower their arms.
maverick10126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #2775
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick10126 View Post
Finally found these guys at one of the TRU in the area. They were in the area where the Thundercats figures were, as several people have noticed. I snagged all 4 turtles, looks like these had been on the pegs for a little while. After my four turtles, they were left with one Mikey and one Don. They had a couple Shredders, Kraang, one April and one Splinter. What was the case assortment for these again? I know April is the short packed figure but I don't remember how many of the other figures were in there.

I haven't opened them yet, but they look amazing! I love the texturing and detailing on the body. They definitely need a repaint though, I want to get that shadowing that we saw on the prototype pics. These guys have now replaced my 2k3 turtles as my favorite versions.

Has anyone tried sanding down the armpits of Leo and Raph so the sockets are more like Don's? I've noticed that's one of the complaints people have about these figs. Leo and Raph can't fully lower their arms.
24 per case

4 of each Turtle
2 each of Splinter & Shredder
1 each of April, Foot, and Kraang
1 more of either Foot or Kraang
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #2776
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
lifetime ban from the ghostbusters boards then
Pfft. Like that affects me.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #2777
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 208
pfft?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5cVW_S0s_c
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #2778
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
"Yeah, I'm not afraid to say it. The Ninja Turtles are way cooler than the Ghost Busters. Yeah I like the Ghost Busters but for one you don't see the Ninja Turtles shooting people's dead grandmothers in the face with particle accelerating lightning bolts."
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #2779
maverick10126
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
24 per case

4 of each Turtle
2 each of Splinter & Shredder
1 each of April, Foot, and Kraang
1 more of either Foot or Kraang
Thanks, so it looks like they just put one case out and it had two Kraang in it.

The 2k3 Mikey chucks look great as does the 2k3 Don Bo. I don't know if anyone else has tried this, but the 2k3 Leo Swords fit in the Nick Leo's sheaths. Perfect weapons swap in case anyone was wondering.
maverick10126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #2780
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 827
Guys, please, can u tell me if the new toys based on the nick show are available at any toy store in usa?

My cousin is going to san francisco and i want to ask him to buy some toys for me. Do u know any store in san francisco that r selling those toys?

BTW, how much is the price for the ShellRaiser van and the single turtles?

C H E E R S !
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.