The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
TMNT writers at Comic-Con



Hahaha, these tools are pretty funny.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
That was actually pretty hilarious.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton Gimmick View Post
That was actually pretty hilarious.
I was busting up when they dropped the f bomb during the theme.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
god those 2 guys r tone deaf...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #5
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
I'm guessing (or at least hoping) these guys aren't actually writers for the show.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
no, they r just couples.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:33 AM   #7
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I'm guessing (or at least hoping) these guys aren't actually writers for the show.
They are. Kenny Byerly and Russ Carney.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I'm guessing (or at least hoping) these guys aren't actually writers for the show.
They are and I thought they were pretty funny. Writers hardly get any respect, without them there would be no show.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
a lil bit too funny...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #10
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior
 
TMNT_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Home, PA
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
a lil bit too funny...
Yeah, a little bit too Raph...

What else can I say but awesome? Well, except OH MY GOSH THEIR WEARING SUPPORT THE FOOT HATS! This does not bode well for our heroes if the writers themselves are allied with the Foot!
__________________
TMNT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior
 
Mona_Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Guy View Post
Yeah, a little bit too Raph...

What else can I say but awesome? Well, except OH MY GOSH THEIR WEARING SUPPORT THE FOOT HATS! This does not bode well for our heroes if the writers themselves are allied with the Foot!
The foot wrote the show.... Un-cool, very un-cool...LOL!
Funny video, thanks for sharing!!!!
__________________
Mona_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
I've gotta say, these guys cracked me up. Obviously playing on the writers-aren't-appreciated-enough schtick (which, as we all know, they're not), they had the right blend of silliness and sarcasm to entertain me. Maybe the show won't be as "slapstick" as the promotional material has had me guessing.

I absolutely love that guy's severe discomfort when the writers were singing for him.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Those guys were hilarious! Poor writers, they are so under appreciated.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #14
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
Funniest part was Russ making fun of Bebop and Rockateady. Pretty spot on eh?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #15
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I'm guessing (or at least hoping) these guys aren't actually writers for the show.
Fifty bucks say that if the hacks who write the IDW books did the exact same thing, you'd be kissing their ass

Let them have thier fun. Writers for this kind of show need to have this light side to things.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #16
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Fifty bucks say that if the hacks who write the IDW books did the exact same thing, you'd be kissing their ass.
Kevin Eastman who helps with the story and Tom Waltz who actually writes it...?

Hacks?

I don't think so Tim.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Fifty bucks say that if the hacks who write the IDW books did the exact same thing, you'd be kissing their ass

Let them have thier fun. Writers for this kind of show need to have this light side to things.
wut do u mean this kind of show? be specific.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #18
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Fifty bucks say that if the hacks who write the IDW books did the exact same thing, you'd be kissing their ass.
Huh? I haven't even read the IDW stuff yet, other than a couple of issues (which didn't give me enough of an impression to figure out whether or not I like it yet). Why would I kiss their ass? And um...isn't Kevin Eastman co-writing it?
The reason why I said "I'm guessing (or at least hoping) these guys aren't actually writers for the show." was because I got the impression that they were actively trying to irritate people and mocking the fans and legacy of TMNT by dismissing everything that's not in the new version, which seems like a pretty bad way to promote a new show (and represent a business).
I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to have a bit of fun with it, but I get the impression they're trying to give the new show a bad reputation, which seems like an odd thing for employed writers to do.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #19
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Huh? I haven't even read the IDW stuff yet, other than a couple of issues (which didn't give me enough of an impression to figure out whether or not I like it yet). Why would I kiss their ass? And um...isn't Kevin Eastman co-writing it?
The reason why I said "I'm guessing (or at least hoping) these guys aren't actually writers for the show." was because I got the impression that they were actively trying to irritate people and mocking the fans and legacy of TMNT by dismissing everything that's not in the new version, which seems like a pretty bad way to promote a new show (and represent a business).
I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to have a bit of fun with it, but I get the impression they're trying to give the new show a bad reputation, which seems like an odd thing for employed writers to do.
That stuff was done tongue in cheek. Although I think they may have taken it a tad too far here or there when razzing some fans. It was done in jest.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #20
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Kevin Eastman who helps with the story and Tom Waltz who actually writes it...?

Hacks?

I don't think so Tim.

-ms
Word. Get off it.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.