The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #2921
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Well I finally got the 4 turtles from the new show after hunting for a bit.
Toy R Us was the first place I found them here in Pittsburgh.
They had Splinter as well but I decided to pass on him.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #2922
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I only got the catalogue with April and Raph.

I scanned it and uploaded to FlickR last week, if this is the one you're talking about.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hero777/7536193604/
that's the one i saw on ebay!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #2923
Green Machine
Hench Mutant
 
Green Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
I pre-ordered a case of them from BBTS. They charged my account yesterday and the order is in the warehouse. But it hasn't shipped yet.
My case of classics has shipped from BBTS! Hopefully I'll get one Don without crooked eyes!
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #2924
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
My case of classics has shipped from BBTS! Hopefully I'll get one Don without crooked eyes!
I hope you do, but I don't think it's a limited problem. I think all of them have it.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #2925
Green Machine
Hench Mutant
 
Green Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
I hope you do, but I don't think it's a limited problem. I think all of them have it.
I was wondering about that. I don't think I've seen one without crooked eyes.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #2926
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
Does anyone have the rippin rider? The gas tank on mine is just a plain gas tank but all the promo pictures of it shows the gas tank with a turtle shell design. I'm very disappointed because I was on the edge about getting any vehicles but the design really tipped me over for this one and then it's not the same as all the pictures showed.
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #2927
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmetry View Post
Does anyone have the rippin rider? The gas tank on mine is just a plain gas tank but all the promo pictures of it shows the gas tank with a turtle shell design. I'm very disappointed because I was on the edge about getting any vehicles but the design really tipped me over for this one and then it's not the same as all the pictures showed.
I have it, but haven't taken it out of the box yet. I'll post pictures when I finally do.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #2928
Veedubguy83
Hench Mutant
 
Veedubguy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmetry View Post
Does anyone have the rippin rider? The gas tank on mine is just a plain gas tank but all the promo pictures of it shows the gas tank with a turtle shell design. I'm very disappointed because I was on the edge about getting any vehicles but the design really tipped me over for this one and then it's not the same as all the pictures showed.
Can you take a picture of it?
Veedubguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #2929
OPTICS
Thug
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 99
If you guys have a Hastings anywhere near you, someone found the Classics over there.
OPTICS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #2930
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
I hope you do, but I don't think it's a limited problem. I think all of them have it.
This is such an eyesore, literally. I can't believe nobody pointed that out during initial production. Sad...as a Donatello fan I'm extremely disappointed.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #2931
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedubguy83 View Post
Can you take a picture of it?
I am at work now, so unfortunately not. If someone doesn't beat me to it by the time I get home I will.
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #2932
Veedubguy83
Hench Mutant
 
Veedubguy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 264
So I was supposed to get all my figures and stuff today via UPS from TRU.com... I just checked my delivery status and it as been noted that there has been an exception do to a train derailment.... Who knows how long its going to take now, LOL... And hopefully my stuff isn't all destroyed, what a crappy way to start a Friday
Veedubguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #2933
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedubguy83 View Post
So I was supposed to get all my figures and stuff today via UPS from TRU.com... I just checked my delivery status and it as been noted that there has been an exception do to a train derailment.... Who knows how long its going to take now, LOL... And hopefully my stuff isn't all destroyed, what a crappy way to start a Friday
At least your stuff wasn't in that UPS truck that run into a river a couple weeks ago. I bet when people saw that, they thought 'Crap, I hope MY stuff wasn't on that truck...'.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #2934
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
For those of you who plan on opening your classics, just shave off Donny's pupils with a straight razor and re-paint them. That's what I'll do, if need be.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #2935
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
For those of you who plan on opening your classics, just shave off Donny's pupils with a straight razor and re-paint them. That's what I'll do, if need be.
No shaving required. The pupils aren't sculpted.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #2936
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I don't mean shave off the plastic, just the paint. I wouldn't assume they were sculpted...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #2937
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
For those of you who plan on opening your classics, just shave off Donny's pupils with a straight razor and re-paint them. That's what I'll do, if need be.
It's an easy solution, it just sucks that the morons didn't catch this kind of thing before mass production. Especially for collectors pieces such as these, this is an atrocious oversight.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #2938
Doomsword
Hench Mutant
 
Doomsword's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 458
Going to TRU after work to see if they have finally put out some TMNT stuff. I pretty much have everything I want from the new stuff already, but I still need an April for my Niece & Nephew, and I really just want to see the stuff on store shelves, especially if they have that cool display we have heard about.
Doomsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #2939
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I only got the catalogue with April and Raph.

I scanned it and uploaded to FlickR last week, if this is the one you're talking about.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hero777/7536193604/


On a side note: Looks like the outside-US embargo has stopped.

BBTS sent me a shipping notice for an order previously cancelled(?). Naughty, I know. I however will have Don and Leo finally, and a spare Mike n Raph for my nephews.
Your also from the UK, where did you get your figs from?
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #2940
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
It's an easy solution, it just sucks that the morons didn't catch this kind of thing before mass production. Especially for collectors pieces such as these, this is an atrocious oversight.
yea, something tells me this isn't going to be au pair with Mattel's MOTUC figures.

Sure some of the MOTUC figures had some issues like reverse shoulders, but not lazy eyes.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.