The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
TMNTFan9000
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 21
If Krang is the villain should Agent Bishop be in the Film?

Even though we are unsure as to who the villain is right now there have been ideas floating such as another Shredder story, Dimension X etc. Awhile back they said Krang would be the bad guy and now there's rumours going about him, Dimension X and the Technodrome being in the script (Which I'm not gonna believe until we get comfirmation). Point being even though he's only known to fans 2003 series should Agent Bishop be a side villain to oppose Krang and the Turtles? Personally I'd like the idea as I found him to be an interesting bad guy and felt he should not be confined to the 2003 series and we should see him in the Nick series or any other Turtles related media along with Hun and any other of the shows original bad guys.
TMNTFan9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:41 AM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
He's not really strong enough to carry a film. He could be a side villain in like, the third of the series, assuming we make it that far, but he's really too much of a lesser known/generic character to help carry the turtles return to cinema.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 265
I think they should saved Bishop for the sequel, either in the second or third movie, He the only other tmnt villain beside the Shredder that can carry a films.
Keldor1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
I was hoping Agent Bishop would show up in the IDW comic. It seems like a good fit especially given plot direction. As for the movie,I have learned its not good to have too much going on and too many characters involved. TMNT vs the often overlooked co-number one (or number two) should be enough for a good plot.I love the character but I think Agent John Bishop should be ready to appear in IDW at the end of Year Two.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
I thought Bishop was pretty weak in the 2k3 show. Very one-note typical type of bad guy. Krang would be awesome, though, and I could totally see him carrying a movie, though he'd need evil henchmen. Traag and Granitor? Rocksteady and Bebop?

I would love to see a Turtles movie that took place off-world - basically a movie version of the "Turtles In Space" story from the Mirage comics. Villains would include the Federation, the Triceratons, you could even throw the Foot Clan in there.

I guess it depends on the kind of story you want to tell - are the Turtles trying to save the world from destruction, or are the Turtles just trying to get themselves out of a deadly situation?

What if the Foot Clan are leaderless, and Karai is forced to turn to the sewer-dwelling Rat King for help in finding the Turtles? Or, the Turtles are harboring a Fugitoid, and a squad of Triceratons is tracking them down - and the Foot Clan gets involved?
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoonistaaron View Post
I guess it depends on the kind of story you want to tell - are the Turtles trying to save the world from destruction, or are the Turtles just trying to get themselves out of a deadly situation?
The latter is almost always my preferred option.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #7
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldor1578 View Post
I think they should saved Bishop for the sequel, either in the second or third movie, He the only other tmnt villain beside the Shredder that can carry a films.
Ridiculous. Stockman & Krang could both do films. & there are plenty others.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #8
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Honestly a Krang / Bishop movie could be pretty damn cool, they have reasons to hate both the TMNT and each other. It's an idea worth exploring, I'd say.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:18 AM   #9
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Ridiculous. Stockman & Krang could both do films. & there are plenty others.
Is my opinon, you moron.
Keldor1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:38 AM   #10
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoonistaaron View Post
I thought Bishop was pretty weak in the 2k3 show. Very one-note typical type of bad guy. Krang would be awesome, though, and I could totally see him carrying a movie, though he'd need evil henchmen. Traag and Granitor? Rocksteady and Bebop?

I would love to see a Turtles movie that took place off-world - basically a movie version of the "Turtles In Space" story from the Mirage comics. Villains would include the Federation, the Triceratons, you could even throw the Foot Clan in there.

I guess it depends on the kind of story you want to tell - are the Turtles trying to save the world from destruction, or are the Turtles just trying to get themselves out of a deadly situation?

What if the Foot Clan are leaderless, and Karai is forced to turn to the sewer-dwelling Rat King for help in finding the Turtles? Or, the Turtles are harboring a Fugitoid, and a squad of Triceratons is tracking them down - and the Foot Clan gets involved?
As awesome as that sounds this is a reboot. so it seems unlikely any of this will occur. They seem to get therir info from OT i can see kraang making a mutant army for his war in dimension x.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #11
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldor1578 View Post
I think they should saved Bishop for the sequel, either in the second or third movie, He the only other tmnt villain beside the Shredder that can carry a films.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldor1578 View Post
Is my opinon, you moron.
Based on the way you type (poor grammar/stating opinions as facts), I think you're the moron here.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 265
Get over it, In my opinion i do feel Bishop other than the Shredder can carry a tmnt movie.
Keldor1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #13
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
^ I second that!!!
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #14
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 265
If They used Krang in the film, I hope he's based on the Archie or IDW version.
Keldor1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #15
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Bishop's character is hackneyed and cliche. I'd rather have another Winters; at least he was original. If Krang was ever to be used in a Ninja Turtles film, then Utroms and laboratories should be a factor. And where there's laboratories, there should be a Baxter Stockman to exploit them.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #16
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldor1578 View Post
Get over it, In my opinion i do feel Bishop other than the Shredder can carry a tmnt movie.
Nobody outside your niche little group of nobodies knows who Bishop is, nor do they care.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #17
Drako-Cat
Random Punk
 
Drako-Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Nobody outside your niche little group of nobodies knows who Bishop is, nor do they care.
I'm sorry, but what is up with you always calling the 4kids cartoon ( and Mirage comics ) and it's fans niche? and I always see people talking about Bishop, here at least, I don't usually jump into a argument but yeah...
Drako-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #18
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
You know what would make Bishop more well known? Being the major villain of a movie.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #19
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier
 
the_minimizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 230
Any Transformers fan that's seen Revenge of the Fallen knows the Devastator in that movie was nothing like it's cartoon counterpart. If Michael Bay does use Krang and the Technodrome, I'm doubtful that they'll look anything like the cartoon.
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #20
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_minimizer View Post
Any Transformers fan that's seen Revenge of the Fallen knows the Devastator in that movie was nothing like it's cartoon counterpart. If Michael Bay does use Krang and the Technodrome, I'm doubtful that they'll look anything like the cartoon.
Michael Bay isn't directing or designing the goddamned movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drako-Cat View Post
I'm sorry, but what is up with you always calling the 4kids cartoon ( and Mirage comics ) and it's fans niche? and I always see people talking about Bishop, here at least, I don't usually jump into a argument but yeah...
That's exactly what he means. THIS forum is a very very very small piece of the rest of the world and the people that love Bishop and Mirage are a small grouping within a small grouping. Niche.

My opinion? Everything that was created in the 2k3 should stay dead and buried. Where it belongs.

Know what a live action version of Bishop would look like? Agent Smith from the Matrix. Except not as interesting or unique. It's nothing but a generic evil government suit trying to catch weird things cliche that is seen in a billion other movies.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live-action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.